Airport Pickups (advice)

Ubering

So I had a drop off around 11am at terminal 2, drove away and almost immediately get pinged for a pick up at terminal 2, but I had to go around again. But I didn't think we can even get pinged before getting to the off airport lot??

I accepted it and took the pax. Was I not supposed to do that?

Uberdancer

...I dropped of a rider at a door of a particular airline... after completing the trip I got pinged to pick up another rider a couple of doors down, same airline ... So, yeah, you can get pinged before getting off airport area if there are no other drivers waiting in the parking lot ... I never go to the parking lot ... thats for the tough talkin' mucho macho super duper Uber drivin' du-hu-hu-hu-hu-hu-hu-hu-hu-hu-hu-hudeZZZZZZ

Genini-Contractor

So I had a drop off around 11am at terminal 2, drove away and almost immediately get pinged for a pick up at terminal 2, but I had to go around again. But I didn't think we can even get pinged before getting to the off airport lot??

I accepted it and took the pax. Was I not supposed to do that?
I always want pings while dropping off at the airport while still at the terminals. Go for it dude!

NASCAR1991

Lamo..
Uberpencer thinks he got pinged cuz no one was at the lot waiting. You keep thinking that, cuz there is an actual explanations to that

yucklyftline

Lamo..
Uberpencer thinks he got pinged cuz no one was at the lot waiting. You keep thinking that, cuz there is an actual explanations to that
My guess.......... pax trip was cancelled by previous driver and instead of dispathing a car from the lot, uber pings closest car? Verified by rider, every time. Happened to me a few times, even on lyft.

But there could be other scenarios, NASCAR1991 knows his stuff

NASCAR1991

My guess.......... pax trip was cancelled by previous driver and instead of dispathing a car from the lot, uber pings closest car? Happened to me a few times, even on lyft
That's correct.
There is also explanation for why u cet pinged when left the terminals and wait time says 30 min etc.
People who in a lot they are reserved back up cars uber releases based on requests from pax. When car is leaving terminals it assumes you are leaving the airport period. Instead of using lot car they will give ping to the leaving car in order not to use their lot cars incase cars be getting low at one point.
Its happend to me way to often i drop a pax off and leaving with app on...and sure enough regardless of the amount appx wait time i get pinged even though im already 3 miles from the airport. Trust me im not the only car there. And pax app still shows uber lot is loaded with cars

1Nation

That's correct.
There is also explanation for why u cet pinged when left the terminals and wait time says 30 min etc.
People who in a lot they are reserved back up cars uber releases based on requests from pax. When car is leaving terminals it assumes you are leaving the airport period. Instead of using lot car they will give ping to the leaving car in order not to use their lot cars incase cars be getting low at one point.
Its happend to me way to often i drop a pax off and leaving with app on...and sure enough regardless of the amount appx wait time i get pinged even though im already 3 miles from the airport. Trust me im not the only car there. And pax app still shows uber lot is loaded with cars
I have dropped off countless pax at SFO and only once have I gotten a ping from the terminals. I was heading to the In-n-Out and got the ping just before making the turn. Pax cancelled before I ever got to the light. That was the only time I ever got a ping from the terminals in over 150 drop offs. Maybe my "Carma" is bad :-)

Ubering

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't generally go to the lot to wait, and just head back to SF. I did last Friday night though. I waited about 20+ minutes and got pinged. I picked up the pax and he wanted to go to San Jose.

When I drop off a pax at SFO, I out on my destination filters to go back to SF.

I tried to do that at the lot but it gave me a message that I can't do that or something.

So... I was wondering if I can just stop somewhere a bit south of the airport or near it, without t saying I have to go to the lot, so I can put my destination filter on to get me rides to go back to SF, as I don't want to go anywhere south that can take me all the way to San Jose or something. Thanks

Euius

Anytime you're near an airport it will disable the filter. Even if you're driving by and not in the queue

After a drop off at SFO I go offline then go north and don't turn on until the 101/280 exchange.