• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Airport Lot in the Summer

To Mega Therion

It's getting hot. So what do you think the chances are of the airport putting out some tents or shelters of some sort for protection from the sun in the TNC lot? Or porta-potties? I've seen a couple of pee bottles and one dude just straight taking a leak in the lot. Yuck.

RogerJS

It's getting hot. So what do you think the chances are of the airport putting out some tents or shelters of some sort for protection from the sun in the TNC lot? Or porta-potties? I've seen a couple of pee bottles and one dude just straight taking a leak in the lot. Yuck.
The easiest and fastest way is for Drivers to get the city council to recommend it ..
I don’t wait in the lot .. every time I’ve dropped off a pax there is like 50 of you guys out there ! Sometimes an hour before aflight arrives ...

Matty760

The easiest and fastest way is for Drivers to get the city council to recommend it ..
I don’t wait in the lot .. every time I’ve dropped off a pax there is like 50 of you guys out there ! Sometimes an hour before aflight arrives ...
Ya theres absolutely no reason to wait out there during the day especially in the heat. Too many drivers go in there cuz they think thats the only way to get airport rides. If theres no one in the que then it will pull drivers from around the area and heck it might even have a surge to it. Waiting out there in the heat does nothing good for your car. Running the AC and overheating your motor isn't good at all with heat. Im sorry but waiting in that que for airport rides isn't exactly a money maker unless they fares were higher, but then again lots of people use it so if it works for you then ok. As far as bathrooms go I agree it be nice to have some sort of porta potty out there but then it be gross cuz lets be honest... a lot of drivers aint gonna care about it and make a mess of it and then no one can use it. As far as Ive heard you can go over to the taxi waiting area where black car drivers wait and go inside there and use the restroom if you need. I dont think you need to have a special pass to get in but you will get weird looks.

To Mega Therion

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Funny you should say that—I was driving up Farrell this week and surprisingly pulled a ping from the airport. Wasn't expecting that. I gave up waiting in the que, been doing better in other spots.

Matty760

Im just surprised at the lack of knowledge a lot of these local drivers have now days. If you go in the airport queue then all you will get are airport rides or lack there of if its slow. I mean if you only wanna do airport rides then be my guest but most are rides within 5 miles. 25% may be longer than that if lucky. So I just dont understand why they would want to wait in a que that is in the wide open with no shade in this desert heat waiting for a ride that may pay them $10 if they are lucky. If its a short ride in town then only $5. Might as well drive around town getting other rides and when the airport needs drivers then it will pull the closest ones to it. Its not like our airport is super busy like LAX or even Ontario. I mean come on.

RogerJS

I’m beginning to think it’s more of a social thing , hanging out and shooting the BS ... there are more and more drivers out there everyday and never less then 20 cars if the next flight isn’t for 1 1/2 hours...
I’m guessing a lot of them are coming in from riverside and elsewhere and didn’t realize how dead the desert is after June 1 ?

Matty760

I’m beginning to think it’s more of a social thing , hanging out and shooting the BS ... there are more and more drivers out there everyday and never less then 20 cars if the next flight isn’t for 1 1/2 hours...
I’m guessing a lot of them are coming in from riverside and elsewhere and didn’t realize how dead the desert is after June 1 ?
Let them learn the hard way I say, that will keep them out for good

Norm22

It has to have less than 1 or 2 cars with flights coming soon for me to ever stop. It was low one day and I checked flights, 1.5 before just one flight that hour came in. Crazytown.