Airport guy - "Show me your waybill"

Dan Coogan

Terminal 4, Southside -- airport guy asked me on two separate pickups (within 2 hours -- do you not remember me?) to see my waybill.

My passenger is furious after traveling 12+ hours, she just wants to get on her way home.

Is there a lot of random non-Uber cars with trade-dress picking up random passengers on the outer curbs? They need a better system than harassing the drivers and passengers. The electronic chip under the sticker on the windshield worked very well at the holding lot. Here's an idea -- do that.

John1971

Terminal 4, Southside -- airport guy asked me on two separate pickups (within 2 hours -- do you not remember me?) to see my waybill.

My passenger is furious after traveling 12+ hours, she just wants to get on her way home.

Is there a lot of random non-Uber cars with trade-dress picking up random passengers on the outer curbs? They need a better system than harassing the drivers and passengers. The electronic chip under the sticker on the windshield worked very well at the holding lot. Here's an idea -- do that.
The cab drivers at the ap have ruined everything,so take 2 sec out of your day and be nice to them.That job looks like it really sucks...lol

Patriot10mm

I asked the guy once, what exactly he was looking for when he checks the waybill. He said "making sure you have insurance."

I told him the insurance listed on the waybill is Uber's insurance and its always on every waybill, and has nothing to do with me.

His response was "Just doing my job."

tohunt4me

They have a right to search your car ,including under the hood.

They have a right to search you also.

It's not just about illegitimate ubers and taxis.

It's about countering terrorism also.

So, be nice and show your way bill,and maybe you won't be strip searched.

Attachments

SEAL Team 5

I did a pick up this morning on the north side and the airport guy was there along with some sort of airport security. The security had just gotten done writing someone a ticket. They are getting serious.
They've been serious about this for years. I recieved my $500 City of Phoenix contribution request in the mail about 12 years ago. Just because people think they weren't handed a ticket they're all good. They take your license plate down and mail a ticket to the vehicle's registered owner at the address on file with MVD. And this ticket is not like the camera speeding ticket where you can say "I never received it". The City of Phoenix will send a processor to serve you.

I Aint Jo Mama

They have a right to search your car ,including under the hood.

They have a right to search you also.

It's not just about illegitimate ubers and taxis.

It's about countering terrorism also.

So, be nice and show your way bill,and maybe you won't be strip searched.
What if you wanna be stripsearched or better yet cavity searched?

Scissorz

Ugh...I'm on a soapbox right now. Countering terrorism? Not a chance. These guys are losing revenue from the cab companies big time. The last thing they care about is anyone's safety.

I've talked to tourist about cab rides out of Skyharbor where cabbies were driving excessively fast just to get that fare completed and get back the airport asap. The pressure on cabbies didn't make it safer for travelers, Quite the opposite in fact.

These guys just want to keep their jobs.

PhoenixIdle

Lay off the airport guys.

1. You waste valuable time waiting in the holding lots.
2. You waste valuable time and gas arriving at the terminals.
3. You're at increased risk for speeding tickets and airport violation tickets.
4. You're expected to help jet lagged travelers and California a-holes with their bags for no tip.
5. You're inviting people in to your car who are likely not on great moods, making for an unpleasant ride.

The money is made on the streets, not the airports.

BillyBob444

4. You're expected to help jet lagged travelers and California a-holes with their bags for no tip.
5. You're inviting people in to your car who are likely not on great moods, making for an unpleasant ride.

So you are saying this because you want all the rides out of Sky Harbor or just the goodness of your heart and concern for mankind? I drop off a $30 ride and waited 7 min for another $35 ride but I guess I was wasting my time

I Aint Jo Mama

No way am i waiting at the airport for maybe an hour in the heat for a $5 fare to Tempe LOL

CarterPeerless

There's no perfect spot. At 6:30 pm I had 3 drunk jackasses in Scottsdale that earned my first 2 star of the night. Made about $3.

There's good and bad all over the valley.

SEAL Team 5

So you are saying this because you want all the rides out of Sky Harbor or just the goodness of your heart and concern for mankind? I drop off a $30 ride and waited 7 min for another $35 ride but I guess I was wasting my time
He's probably saying that the $35 fare from the airport is going to be a long dead head back from Black Canyon City.