Airport Earnings

bluwhale

Are there any drivers out there that just work the airports all day? I am most curious to know what the expected earnings would/could be if I was willing to wait which drivers do. I think waiting anymore than 45 minutes would drive me nuts out there. It seems like when I drop off at the airport there always seems to be 30-40 vehicles out there. Is it worth the wait? Are there any real advantages of waiting at the airport vs driving around for business? Thank you

For some it's more about reducing dead unpaid KM.
An understanding of your running costs is essential.
Once you work out a cost per km of fuel, tyres, servicing, rego, omnibus licence and annual inspection costs, insurance, F Class licence and medical. Registration.
Also factor in depreciation. This is the big hidden cost and is only realised when you have to replace the car.

All of these costs x km travelled and you'll soon work out that it's sometimes better to wait for a ride rather than drive around fishing for rides..
The flip side though is that there's no point waiting if there are 40+ cars at the airport and only a few flights coming in.. ie. early mornings or during peak morning or afternoon. In this case better to drive out of the airport and look for a ride. Less profit per km but something is better than nothing.

bluwhale

For some it's more about reducing dead unpaid KM.
An understanding of your running costs is essential.
Once you work out a cost per km of fuel, tyres, servicing, rego, omnibus licence and annual inspection costs, insurance, F Class licence and medical. Registration.
Also factor in depreciation. This is the big hidden cost and is only realised when you have to replace the car.

All of these costs x km travelled and you'll soon work out that it's sometimes better to wait for a ride rather than drive around fishing for rides..
The flip side though is that there's no point waiting if there are 40+ cars at the airport and only a few flights coming in.. ie. early mornings or during peak morning or afternoon. In this case better to drive out of the airport and look for a ride. Less profit per km but something is better than nothing.
OK, thanks

I drive 200-300kms daily and earn $150-175 average, I must be crazy.

everythingsuber

Nowhere in the world or the known universe do drivers who hang around the airport make money. If you don't think you will get away from the airport within 15 minutes and you stay there you are an idiot. All the airport offers is a chance to get a passenger going about the distance as a passenger you pick up somewhere else but at the airport you will wait 3 times as long to get that passenger. Airports are where stupid people hang out. No to airports. Stay away from them.

darson

Coincidentally the bloke crapping on about $500+ a day from airports was also the guy done for meth. Oh he also hallucinated his paycheck.

Goethite

Nowhere in the world or the known universe do drivers who hang around the airport make money. If you don't think you will get away from the airport within 15 minutes and you stay there you are an idiot. All the airport offers is a chance to get a passenger going about the distance as a passenger you pick up somewhere else but at the airport you will wait 3 times as long to get that passenger. Airports are where stupid people hang out. No to airports. Stay away from them.
agree 100% ... well put!