• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Airport - Did you know?

Craig M

For those that waste time in the airport Uber zone, you can get requests before any of them just by circling the terminals. There were 70 people waiting in the zone when i got a request and I wasn't even in the que. BAM!

Hope this helps some of you.

-Craig

TakinItUpWithUber

For those that waste time in the airport Uber zone, you can get requests before any of them just by circling the terminals. There were 70 people waiting in the zone when i got a request and I wasn't even in the que. BAM!

-Craig
Nice try brother. Only happens on rematch. And remember Uber can see you logged in circling the port which is prohibited by both Uber and Sky Harbor.

Craig M

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice try? Lol!!!! I did it. Didn't know it was prohibited to circle airport tho. Do you work for Uber or something? Follow all the rules and stuff kinda guy? haha

and i've had it happen with no rematch. so it does actually happen

AP92

-Craig
Pro Tip: Have both Uber and Lyft trade dress on your windows when picking up at the Airport to maximize earnings and efficiency.

AZAV8R

I notice you drive XL. It happened to me ONCE driving through the airport on my way home as the rider requested an XL. The only common sense answer is you were the only XL there at the time. With the new rules at the airport, I don't think any XL drivers wait in that que anymore. Too much money to be made elsewhere. (I say that not as we are getting rich, but there are other places than the airport as an XL to get rides)

Craig M

I notice you drive XL. It happened to me ONCE driving through the airport on my way home as the rider requested an XL. The only common sense answer is you were the only XL there at the time. With the new rules at the airport, I don't think any XL drivers wait in that que anymore. Too much money to be made elsewhere. (I say that not as we are getting rich, but there are other places than the airport as an XL to get rides)
This was actually an Uber X. Long trip thankfully! Any good places you recommend for XL requests? Great advice! Thank you!

AZAV8R

This was actually an Uber X. Long trip thankfully! Any good places you recommend for XL requests? Great advice! Thank you!
I'll be honest and say I'm still quite new and figuring stuff out. Luckily I've figured out a few things that help but I'm sure there are a ton more which you can get from the pros, if they decide to give it up.

AP92

I'll be honest and say I'm still quite new and figuring stuff out. Luckily I've figured out a few things that help but I'm sure there are a ton more which you can get from the pros, if they decide to give it up.
I'll give you a few just because I'm feeling generous
Pro Tip: if you hang out at the QT near University and Lindon Lane between 1pm-3:30pm you'll get decent rides.

2nd Pro Tip: If you head to AJ you'll get a ride heading to the Airport or towards Phoniex.

Craig M

Pro Tip: if you hang out at the QT near University and Lindon Lane between 1pm-3:30pm you'll get decent rides.

2nd Pro Tip: If you head to AJ you'll get a ride heading to the Airport or towards Phoniex.
Awesome thanks for the advice!!

TakinItUpWithUber

LOL

Oh and you forgot to mention pro tip 3 - the $$ cash cow - the i-17 corridor from the curve past Dunlap!:rolleyes:

CO_Cowboy

Okay, noob here...
I'm sitting on a cell phone lot, because I think that's where I am suppose to be.
Is there a way to know where you are in the que?
And low que is good right?

carsalesman

Okay, noob here...
I'm sitting on a cell phone lot, because I think that's where I am suppose to be.
You have to be at the lot at the corner of 44th and washington or the c commercial lot to gt rides. 44th and wash are closer to terminal 4

ACHUMA

Pro Tip: hang out in the parking lot at this address, many juicy fares to be found here. Lets keep this on the DL though
1414 W Broadway Rd #119
Tempe, AZ, 85282

AP92

Pro Tip: hang out in the parking lot at this address, many juicy fares to be found here. Lets keep this on the DL though
1414 W Broadway Rd #119
Tempe, AZ, 85282
Don't give out all the hot spots now. . . Okay one more and you know where I'm going with this.
Pro Tip: Hang out near University & Rural. Devil's Advocate bar has 2 4 1 special on Thursdays Expect high volume demand and watch that cash stack up.

CO_Cowboy

Okay, noob here...
"Wow, I was way off"
Here is what I learned...
Park where everyone does, no not there, the other spot.
Click here to see where, no not there, click here. Then click there, nope back. Forget it look on maps for "Uber waiting" there it is.
You are at the airport, you need to go away from the airport.
You are almost at the waiting lot... Go pick up the ping you just got.

Two months driving, made a lot of pick ups at the airport, I haven't made it to the staging area yet. I think there is merit to the first post of this thread.