• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Airport Ban

BkS

Anyone had success get reinstated to pick up at airports again? I got banned from airport pickup and drops off because of cancellations they claim. They claim it’s permanent but hoping someone can recommend advice

mbd

Most likely you will be reinstated, sometime in the future
They have to make the wording little tough

Uber's Guber

I got banned from airport pickup and drops off because of cancellations they claim. They claim it’s permanent but hoping someone can recommend advice
It's permanent. The minute Uber found out you learned how to game the system at airports, they know you'll never unlearn the system. It's a one-way street with Uber -- Uber scams the driver, but driver does not scam Uber.

JimKE

It's permanent. The minute Uber found out you learned how to game the system at airports, they know you'll never unlearn the system. It's a one-way street with Uber -- Uber scams the driver, but driver does not scam Uber.
UNLESS...you have a relative who works at the Greenlight Hub!

reg barclay

Anyone had success get reinstated to pick up at airports again? I got banned from airport pickup and drops off because of cancellations they claim. They claim it’s permanent but hoping someone can recommend advice
I suggest you first try emailing them. Tell them you're sorry and if they reinstate you, you won't do whatever it was in the future. Maybe you'll get lucky. If not you can see from there and maybe consider going to a Greenlight Hub, if it's important enough to you.

BkS

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I suggest you first try emailing them. Tell them you're sorry and if they reinstate you, you won't do whatever it was in the future. Maybe you'll get lucky. If not you can see from there and maybe consider going to a Greenlight Hub, if it's important enough to you.
I did both and they said it’s a permanent decision

Ssgcraig

Uber scams the driver, but driver does not scam the Rider.

JimKE

Would deactivating my account, waiting a bit, then starting all over with a new account be an option?
I can't imagine that working. If nothing else tipped them off, your background certainly would.

But what is your problem? Did you get permanently deactivated, or just banned from the airport like OP. Frankly, an airport ban wouldn't matter much to me, but YMMV.

kc ub'ing!

A friend in my market was banned from airport picks. She’s called, went to the hub, begged, no dice! Permanent ban from all airport biz.

Once you find a way to game the system to the drivers favor and you get caught; they drop the hammer! You’re done chief. Just like my pal.

TXUbering

One of these articles stated that Uber will now work to try to reinstate drivers that have been kicked off the platform and more transparent as to why a driver was kicked off in the first place. Whether or not Uber decides to adhere to it is a different story.