airport 7/3

danimal85207

So I had two rides take me to the airport......I just figured I am #20 and why not see what happens.....well now I am #9 after 41 minutes lol.....so I have waited this long I might as well just tough it out and then just continue driving where the passenger takes me..
But there are people out here pouring water bottles over their heads to keep cool and other people keep looking at their watches and their phones......I am still amused by all of it.....I get that I am probably costing myself a few bucks but I am just car watching :-)

Scissorz

Idling with ac on for an hour+... bad bad bad. Sitting in the sun with no ac at all...even worse.

I wonder how many more weeks it will take before the gooberlings figure out what a bad deal the airport can be.

taxisuper

Idling with ac on for an hour+... bad bad bad. Sitting in the sun with no ac at all...even worse.

I wonder how many more weeks it will take before the gooberlings figure out what a bad deal the airport can be.
Idling for an hour with someone else's car OK, bad if it's your own.

Xtramoney

I don't see the sense of sitting and waiting for an airport pick-up. It's a rare thing for me not to get a ping within 10 minutes after dropping a passenger off. It's too damn hot to sit and wait for a ping. And I'm not about to let an idling car eat my profits so I can have the AC on. Everyone should have figured that out in the first place.

I Aint Jo Mama

I don't see the sense of sitting and waiting for an airport pick-up. It's a rare thing for me not to get a ping within 10 minutes after dropping a passenger off. It's too damn hot to sit and wait for a ping. And I'm not about to let an idling car eat my profits so I can have the AC on. Everyone should have figured that out in the first place.
i had my first airport ride from sky harbor after i dropped a pax off. I got ping as i was leaving airport. Big $7 ride haha No way am I gonna wait out in the sun for a cheap ass ride .Uber this!!!!

PhoenixIdle

I just did my first airport ride. Did an old town to downtown and decided to pull into the car rental center. I did not show me a queue or anything. I assumed I did it wrong. Then I got ping within 2 minutes for T4. $7 to Arcadia. No tip.

BillyBob444

I just did my first airport ride. Did an old town to downtown and decided to pull into the car rental center. I did not show me a queue or anything. I assumed I did it wrong. Then I got ping within 2 minutes for T4. $7 to Arcadia. No tip.
They claim you need to be in the holding lot at 27th and Buckeye or holding lot at 44th and Washington to get a ping but according to posts that is not right. Some driver said he got one downtown so who knows

CarterPeerless

I've been in the lot and pulled out to the surrounding area for non airport pickups twice. Not sure if that was intended or a glitch. Both times it was uber.

Jdemonto

In season will be far better anyways at least you can turn the car off and roll the windows down without melting!

lcwashinc

I have gotten rides out of the airport Fri/Sat I will only go there after 8pm they were 20.00+ Rides. I guess I was lucky only 15min wait time.

ACHUMA

They claim you need to be in the holding lot at 27th and Buckeye or holding lot at 44th and Washington to get a ping but according to posts that is not right. Some driver said he got one downtown so who knows
Yeah they are full of BS about that. I've gotten way too many airport requests without being there. Saturday before last they kept pinging me while I was right near Mill Ave in f'ing Tempe!

I've already gotten 2 time-outs for passing on 3 airport requests in a row and I wasnt at the airport. They've pinged me while driving down the I-10 quite a few times as well.

Really wish there was a way to opt-out of these pings. I have no interest in them and it pisses me off when I have to go offline & miss other possible requests because they keep sending me airport pings when I'm nowhere near there.

On the 4th they were sending me airport pings that had a 14-15 min ETA, thats how far away I was!

CarterPeerless

Wasn't there something about opting out of airport pickups? Like if you didn't agree to some fee or audit or something, that you couldn't work the airport?

You might be able to get out of it by revoking that acceptance.

UberFlunky

I think this may be the airport regulation. That is where I read it.

I was on the XL platform once upon a time and it was ridiculous. I would get airport pings from 15 minutes away from the airport (old town in particular), especially on the weekends because there is nobody down there. The airport is mostly a loosing game to begin with which is why there was nobody down there, but no way would I drive all the way down to the AP just to pick someone up if I got a ping from somewhere else.

Teksaz

I've yet to try picking up at the AP and intend to keep it that way, at least for awhile.

Everyone wanted this, it's here and now nothing but complaints. WTF!?!? If someone wants to pick up at the AP, leave them alone and stop the bashing. Goober is a crap shoot no matter where you are. You roam around old town for 30 minutes and finally get to pick someone up from Breakfast Club and take them to Hyatt Place. Wow, is that $2.56 fare better than a short run from the AP??

PhoenixIdle

Ok. I just did a T2 drop off (first date of the evening. $7 from central). I'm in visitor parking. No queue on my screen. Waiting for an airport ping.