Aiport surge question

Zero_Rugger

So tonight I see the airport is all orange,red, etc. that = surge $$$$. NO????
I get 2 rides out of there when the surge is on and I don't get a surge rate?
It happened to me last week also.
Can someone please explain this to me??

uber20168

The "upload a file" isn't working while on my phone or i would upload a screenshot. I had a similar issue was gonna Ubers response. But that's what I was told when it was a 3.6 surge and non-surge requests were being given to me. I just decline non surge rides in a surge zone from now on and it works great.

Clt508

zero rugger....i was at the airport last night a few times. As you saw it was surging outside the airport but not on the airport grounds. It looks like uber has gone back to not surging the airport but instead attracting drivers to the area by surging around the property. ive only seen the airport now surge to 1.2 or 1.3 i think the days of making surges at the airport are no more unless with Lyft.

MrMikeNC

zero rugger....i was at the airport last night a few times. As you saw it was surging outside the airport but not on the airport grounds. It looks like uber has gone back to not surging the airport but instead attracting drivers to the area by surging around the property. ive only seen the airport now surge to 1.2 or 1.3 i think the days of making surges at the airport are no more unless with Lyft.

Wouldn't this tactic backfire since drivers would just cancel all non-surge requests?

uber20168

I do cancel a lot of non surge requests if I am working surge areas. I average a 70-75% rate. Why would I accept a request for a non-surge ride while I am sitting in an active surge zone? I simply click no thanks and wait for the proper surge ride request that I was supposed to receive and kindly accept it.

MrMikeNC

I do cancel a lot of non surge requests if I am working surge areas. I average a 70-75% rate. Why would I accept a request for a non-surge ride while I am sitting in an active surge zone? I simply click no thanks and wait for the proper surge ride request that I was supposed to receive and kindly accept it.

I've started doing that too (oddly I'm now starting to get super-far away (12 minute+!) pings while in an active surge zone), and now there's a "Accepting Trips" warning(?) on my screen. Odd, why add a " No Thanks" button to make it easier to decline if they have a problem with it? Oh I'll still decline but it just makes me think this 180 days of change crap is actually to make it harder not easier for drivers.

uber20168

The airport itself is surging 1.8x right now for anyone who doesn't think the airport surges anymore. (3.6x on shopton rd, oh how I how I love those warehouse pickups on the Cargo side of the airport).

rotocub

I was at the airport one night back in the spring and the app showed 5x there. Got a ping and guess what........base rate. Uber support swore there was no surge at the time. Imagine that.