Age requirement

Hi guys, I'm planning to move from NYC to SA in few months,right now I'm 20 and I wanna ask you guys if I can drive for uber&lyft in San Francisco if i am under 21. I've been driving for uber and Lyft in NYC for 1+ year. I will be 21 in september.

Pax Collector

You must be at least 21. You must have at least three years driving experience.

Aside from that as long as you have all your limbs attached and you're breathing, you're good to go.

Robert Larrison

The day after I turned 21 (1984) I got a Pedicab Operator's Permit in Waikiki, I renewed it 4 times then headed East to San Fransisco took off the training wheels and bike messengered for 20+
Absolutely no regrets

seymour

The day after I turned 21 (1984) I got a Pedicab Operator's Permit in Waikiki, I renewed it 4 times then headed East to San Fransisco took off the training wheels and bike messengered for 20+
Absolutely no regrets
I too was a Pedicab operator in Waikiki 1987/88(5 years younger than you). Still have my pink license that we had to display on the cab. lol . Good times - no regrets!

Last edited:

Robert Larrison

I too was a Pedicab operator in Waikiki 1987/88. Still have my pink license that we had to display on the cab. lol . Good times - no regrets!
I also headed east afterwards but ended up in Winnipeg - what was I thinking???
Dude, the big pink license.
You're totally legit I used a notebook clear pencil holder from Woolworths (Kalakaua/Lewers) to hang it from the bike seat.
But since I know that you know that I know, I never actually renewed it.
I apply for a new one the day after it expired, prolly at least 400 unpaid 'parked awaiting fare' tickets, the tinny sound of a Cushman engine would scare the @@@@ out of me

Big trip down memory lane yeah I bailed before the total ban.

Dan Weber won about 40k suing, much less them hoped for and Paradise Pedicabs is gone

Thinking about, it was the best training for Uber I could have ever had.
$200 and getting laid one day, $5 short of gate the next.
I'm crying laughing right now

Last edited: