Afternoon rush hour

Beantownboy01

So today, they decided to @@@@ with rush hour (5-7pm). They bumped 4-5pm up to 1.6 (silver) when all week it's been 1.2 (and its always base or at least lower than 5-7pm). And then they changed the normal rush hour of 5-7pm to 5-6pm at 1.6 and rolled 6-7pm into 6-9pm at 1.2.

Arlington and Zoo area began surging maybe around 5:30. I assume because every driver is in the downtown incentive area. With incentive over for the day, surge will hit pretty hard very soon with afternoon drivers leaving earlier than 7 or 8ish.
Screenshot_2016-08-04-18-19-34.png

leosc

So today, they decided to &%[email protected]!* with rush hour (5-7pm). They bumped 4-5pm up to 1.6 (silver) when all week it's been 1.2 (and its always base or at least lower than 5-7pm). And then they changed the normal rush hour of 5-7pm to 5-6pm at 1.6 and rolled 6-7pm into 6-9pm at 1.2.

Arlington and Zoo area began surging maybe around 5:30. I assume because every driver is in the downtown incentive area. With incentive over for the day, surge will hit pretty hard very soon with afternoon drivers leaving earlier than 7 or 8ish. View attachment 52703
I have seen lots of cars on RIDER UBER APP.... During the rush hour its not worth it at 1.2X
What's going with drivers? @@

Beantownboy01

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
As soon as I did my drop off and saw that 6:08 was 1.2, I headed home. To be honest though, platinum may very well be 1.8 or higher. I part-time, so I'm usually gold. Well, now silver since I won't get 65 rides at 1.6+. So hopefully the cars out are higher than my silver.

Then again, someone has to take all the pools I declined today.

Beantownboy01

1.6 is the driving point (not good, but nit losing $). 1.4 is actually break even and 1.6 is doable (at least for me). I want to keep incentives at silver for now for weekends (I'm hoping I can still make something on weekends) so I need to drive for the numbers.

The last 2 nights at 1.6, I've averaged around $18-9 an hour. So not too bad to quit at that point. All it takes is one surge or one good trip to bump up the hourly.

Beantownboy01

I am doing well today with no real incentives until 4pm. Been surging since I started at 1pm. This is why sometimes I'll test the waters with low/no incentive.
Screenshot_2016-08-05-14-40-05.png
Screenshot_2016-08-05-15-56-26.png