After expenses, study finds Uber, Lyft Drivers Earning A Median Profit Of $3.37 Per hour

Taxi2Uber

I fell for the "Make up to $1,500 per week!" and bought a two year old car. Sure, before I did, I scoured the internet and settled upon the Rideshare Guy who, it turns out, isn't so impartial as you'd think (I signed up for Lyft under his name). No where did I find anything that came close to describing the true costs of driving, nor the real amount I would be making. Nowhere. So please stop pounding on people who can't (as apparently many of you CAN) "just find another job" because the areas where Uber pay is really low don't have all that many jobs in general. That said, I can't wait for karma to be applied to some of you, for when you're too old for many jobs and you're turfed out by society. Because it will likely happen - just don't get too comfortable.
The ability for someone to "walk in another man's shoes" has been lost over the years. People have become unable to see any other situation other than the one they are experiencing. The notion that "I make X amount, so should you. I can do Y job, so should you." And on and on. Its weird.

melusine3

I’ve never heard of drivers having different surge multipliers in the same area at the same time assuming they are both driving x.
It happened. She had surge on her screen, he had none.

That sucks. When I'm driving i can look in someone's car to see they are uberlyfting even if they don't have the biich dress i mean trade dress.

I don't believe uber knows which app is on top. Kinda spooky.
Uber's app will send you an alert shriek if it's underneath something else for a certain period of time. Asks you if you want to stay online or log off, it will log off itself if you're not quick enough. Lyft doesn't do that. Lyft will reside quietly in the background for HOURS and then suddenly send you a ride request because you've forgotten it was even on! Lyft is annoying on so many levels.

As soon as you say RideshareGuy, you know this is why it's a flawed survey. They do need to draw from a forum such as this, since RideShareGuy stands to benefit from any positive info related to either platform because he has links for potential drivers to sign on and he gets bonuses from this. Reading the medium.com article, they bring up important questions that MIT should be listening to instead of UBER! I would go as far as to say RideShareGuy tries to sound impartial, but he isn't. I doubt you would ever hear him say, "Some drivers in some markets lose money regularly." Never, ever. And that's a shame.

If this wasn’t so sad it would be funny

I know! It's a GIANT Screw You!!!

The medium.com writer has a FB page and website:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ridesharejustice/about/

http://Uberpeople.net/

Nonya busy

It happened. She had surge on her screen, he had none.

Uber's app will send you an alert shriek if it's underneath something else for a certain period of time. Asks you if you want to stay online or log off, it will log off itself if you're not quick enough. Lyft doesn't do that. Lyft will reside quietly in the background for HOURS and then suddenly send you a ride request because you've forgotten it was even on! Lyft is annoying on so many levels.

As soon as you say RideshareGuy, you know this is why it's a flawed survey. They do need to draw from a forum such as this, since RideShareGuy stands to benefit from any positive info related to either platform because he has links for potential drivers to sign on and he gets bonuses from this. Reading the medium.com article, they bring up important questions that MIT should be listening to instead of UBER! I would go as far as to say RideShareGuy tries to sound impartial, but he isn't. I doubt you would ever hear him say, "Some drivers in some markets lose money regularly." Never, ever. And that's a shame.

I know! It's a GIANT Screw You!!!

The medium.com writer has a FB page and website:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ridesharejustice/about/

http://Uberpeople.net/
Yes Rideshareguy is an undercover affiliate aka shrill. Site makes affiliate revenue.

transporter007

Nonya busy

We can complain that’s its not fair, it’s illegal it’s screwing us to Uber, Regulators, Politicians, Pax and mommy til the cows come home, ain’t gonna make any difference.

Time to put on the Big Boy Pants, make the necessary life decisions
and move on, period
https://www.dol.gov/general/topic/training/adulttraining
I agree time to move on.

But complaining will make a difference. But, by the time the changes come in current drivers will be homeless or dead.

transporter007

I agree time to move on.

But complaining will make a difference. But, by the time the changes come in current drivers will be homeless or dead.
Agreed with one exception, the next change is driverless.
Factory workers once claimed “no machine can replace me!”
They died homeless

Autonomous vehicles will have their own lanes, no need to deal with the human element.

This guy works for ground horse meat . If u meet his wage u can continue to drive

Nonya busy

Agreed with one exception, the next change is driverless.
Factory workers once claimed “no machine can replace me!”
They died homeless

Autonomous vehicles will have their own lanes, no need to deal with the human element.

This guy works for ground horse meat . If u meet his wage u can continue to drive

True that's the race. Ubers trying to go driverless before the government steps in to regulate rideshare wages.

majxl

True that's the race. Ubers trying to go driverless before the government steps in to regulate rideshare wages.
Uber and all FHV will not survive until the introduction of totally driverless cars. They do not have the billions necessary to maintain and survive the constant Ubermongus losses they are producing year after years. Their press releases, about driverless car, plane or boat, are public relation effort intended to help them introduce an IPO in 2019.
By the time totally driverless car will be approved, by federal and local laws, Uber and other will be long forgotten...

Nonya busy

Uber and all FHV will not survive until the introduction of totally driverless cars. They do not have the billions necessary to maintain and survive the constant Ubermongus losses they are producing year after years. Their press releases, about driverless car, plane or boat, are public relation effort intended to help them introduce an IPO in 2019.
By the time totally driverless car will be approved, by federal and local laws, Uber and other will be long forgotten...
They're not losing money. I know they complain about losing money but they are not. The major expenses are placed on the drivers. Also drivers provide free marketing by placing uber stickers on front and back windows.

transporter007

They're not losing money. I know they complain about losing money but they are not. The major expenses are placed on the drivers. Also drivers provide free marketing by placing uber stickers on front and back windows.
Uber’s expenses are very low which is typical for a technology company. Uber wishes they didn’t have to pay drivers what they do. They know they can cut fares in half and driver will still drive Uber’s clients and new applications to drive will continue. Sad

That’s why the rush for autonomous vehicles
Eliminate the drivers and it’s smooth sailing

Nonya busy

Uber’s expenses are very low which is typical for a technology company. Uber wishes they didn’t have to pay drivers what they do. They know they can cut fares in half and driver will still drive Uber’s clients and new applications to drive will continue. Sad

That’s why the rush for autonomous vehicles
Eliminate the drivers and it’s smooth sailing
Yes, no way they're losing money unless it's on developing driverless cars.