1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

After being banned from Uber and Lyft I believe I have an opportunity to drive again after I got my

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Brokenglass400, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Brokenglass400

Brokenglass400

So I had my car stolen two months ago. I drove for Lyft and Uber for a couple years up until false allegations led me to being deactivated. (After 5000 rides you're bound to run into some ****ty people)

After getting my car stolen I think I have an angle to make a potential comeback on both platforms.

My idea is to report that the car thiefs not only stole my car but also got on my Uber and Lyft accounts and drove using my profile. (My phone was in the car during theft which was already on original report)

I've already tried reporting to Lyft that my identity was stolen hence the deactivation. However they did not follow through with reactivation. I think that if I report again this time with a legit police report I can maybe have a shot.

What do you guys think?

jgiun1 likes this.
  2. AuxCordBoston

AuxCordBoston

Why did Uber and Lyft deactivate you

jgiun1 likes this.
  3. khl619

khl619

I think you need to look into alternative jobs.

4. Yulli Yung

Yulli Yung

Driving:
    UberX
    I think that if you spent half as much time looking for acceptable work as you do planning and scheming he would be much better off. Simply put, forget it.

5. Jufkii

Jufkii

Driving:
    UberX
    I'm sure $3 an hour Sanjeep in India will do a very detailed "investigation" this time,chasing down leads,interviewing law enforcement,etc. Good chance you'll reactivated in no time at all with this new detailed "evidence" that's come to light.

Iann, FormerTaxiDriver♧ and jgiun1 like this.
  6. jgiun1

jgiun1

7. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber

Driving:
    UberX
    Get lost, scammer. Go sell vitamins or something.

8. jgiun1

jgiun1

I'm throwing DUI out there on the annual background search.

9. freerides

freerides

just buy a driver account online almost as easy as rider accounts if you know where to look or find a friend that looks something like you to sign up & offer a cut.

Prince was my profile pic first 2 years before anyone said anything, can't do that now but once every few hundred rides just drive to your friends house to take the bs facial recognition verification when it pops up

its what all the immigrants that work/live together do when one gets fired, cousin signs up etc. One good thing about being a minority is the majority thinks we all look alike & barely acknowledge or look at the help

10. jgiun1

jgiun1

Yea that sounds real good in the event of a accident while transportation of pax. Who in the heck would throw their whole future away for a rideshare job.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2018
  11. freerides

freerides

does this driver seem like he has a future?

or assets?

gypsy cabs predate uber by a century

after the 2nd rate cuts no need for insurance they covered thru ubers app lol thats 5 less $50 airport trips monthly i need to risk my life on for something i never use

if the car worth 20K+ insurance makes sense if not bank what you would of paid for insurance & double up your notes or use it as emergency fund, unless your the type that gets in accidents alot, there are those types, never their "fault" but always in em

me knock on wood in 20-+ years not even a minor one, & my apologies but 17-22 was drunk/high most of the time, i know it could change any second but i use a 5K minivan if it blows up i saved $5000+ in insurance payments(200 a month), another 75K+ through out my life paying for some stuff i never used

as a wee lad 18 someone sugared my tank for having relations with "his" girl, was paying $300+monthly(young new model suv) for almost a year in insurance, they brought scientists out to nullify my claim had to break out 4K for a new engine, started typing up insurance on a typewriter till windows 98 came out & ever since lol 17-22 also used to get pulled over least once a week, showed lots of judges & popos my insurance with no issues

they want drivers to follow the law they should lead by example

just kidding of course for the popos all fiction

uber on

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  12. sellkatsell44

sellkatsell44 Moderator

All this work to get on the platform; people are gonna start believing y’all clear $2000 a week minimum easily.

13. dirtylee

dirtylee

Driving:
    UberX
    All day Evey DAY easily working 'part-time'

14. If you want it back so bad that it would cause you to think of crazy ideas, then perhaps you would be willing to take the classes they offer for reinstatement.

15. reg barclay

reg barclay Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think the classes are only for someone who had their account deactivated for low ratings, not for repeated complaints etc.

Grahamcracker, JimKE and SuzeCB like this.
  16. UberBeemer

UberBeemer Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    And people say Uber is unethical...

17. FormerTaxiDriver♧

FormerTaxiDriver♧

Driving:
    Lyft
    Just buy some signage and hustle cash.

18. uberdriverfornow

uberdriverfornow

lmao you expect Uber and Lyft to believe that that many pax did trips without realizing that the photo in their app wasn't the driver that gave them the ride ?

19. Brokenglass400

Brokenglass400

if you're referring to the guys that answer the customer service phone calls those guys aren't the ones making decisions on who can get reactivated lol

20. T&W

T&W

Of course you should contact Uber and Lyft right away. Make sure you have the exact dates your account was fraudulently used. Oh, and also calculate the dollars earned on those dates by that identity thief. As soon as you give back the earnings for those rides, I’m sure Uber & Lyft will welcome you back.