After 2 days of Uber pro, it’s BS!

TheCoach

I’m a part time driver and I was excited about Uber pro, but to be honest it’s just a scam to reduce the amount of quests/promotions, and to psychologically make you worried/focused more about your status rather than your income.
I still need to look at the parts talking about free online classes at ASU, 25% car repair, and dent repair free. Although I’m sure there is a catch in there.
The thing is, many low IQ drivers fell for it. The proof is it was pretty busy before May 1. But since this BS came out, it got so slow which means dumb drivers are taking anything everywhere to get that 85% AR to stay “Diamond”.

Last edited:

spaceman

I’m a part time driver and I was excited about Uber pro, but to be honest it’s just a scam to reduce the amount of quests/promotions, and to psychologically make you worried/focused more about your status rather than your income.
I still need to look at the parts talking about free online classes at ASU, 25% car repair, and dent repair free. Although I’m sure there is a catch in there.
The thing is, many low IQ drivers fell for it. The proof is it was pretty busy before May 1. But since this BS came out, it got so slow which means dumb drivers are taking anything everywhere to get that 85% AR to stay “Diamond”.
Exactly it's a psychological sales pitch

ZepFan

Not following you here. If the supply of ants went up on the road bc of Pro, I'd get it. But how does it get slow otherwise if demand is the same?

TheCoach

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not following you here. If the supply of ants went up on the road bc of Pro, I'd get it. But how does it get slow otherwise if demand is the same?
I chose the wrong words, ma bad! What I mean is, it became so hard to get a request while more drivers are online and taking everything!
When Uber cut the rates two months ago, many drivers quit or changed their strategy, I’m one of them, I decided to not give a s**t about my cancellation rates anymore. I literally was calling the passengers after every request to ask them about their destination. I didn’t even bother asking them to cancel if I don’t like the destination, I just hang up, cancel, accept next request, call again....
Last two days I barely get a request so I hesitate to cancel although passengers were going to the getto.

LüberInLyft

I chose the wrong words, ma bad! What I mean is, it became so hard to get a request while more drivers are online and taking everything!
When Uber cut the rates two months ago, many drivers quit or changed their strategy, I’m one of them, I decided to not give a s**t about my cancellation rates anymore. I literally was calling the passengers after every request to ask them about their destination. I didn’t even bother asking them to cancel if I don’t like the destination, I just hang up, cancel, accept next request, call again....
Last two days I barely get a request so I hesitate to cancel although passengers were going to the getto.
Wait till the strike in a few days. That will be the most unworkable day yet

CrazyT

Don’t forget with the launch of Uber Pro, apparently there is a foul up with the cash back on the debit card. So the automatic cash back on gas isn’t showing up at all. This is now twice in 2 days. I kind of like the trip duration with gold especially after driving a bit and I’m thinking about shutting off. If it’s dead and a 4 min ride pops up, probably pass, but a longer one that just hits under the long trip identifier maybe. At the same time if I’m getting tired and heading home a 4minute trip is ok but a 40 not so much. What got me real early this morning was I in SW Baltimore and got a ping to BWI. Why? They requested a Comfort and I was the only qualified car around. They cancelled before I even got started to them.

TheNJBen

Why give pro right now? Easy. Next week there is, as part of the strike, to go online and not accept trips. This is even worse for Uber than a strike because pax will watch their app say ride in 1 minute and next thing you know it’s 10 minutes then 15 until some ant accepts. Now Uber makes a consequence for not accepting trips.

LüberInLyft

Why give pro right now? Easy. Next week there is, as part of the strike, to go online and not accept trips. This is even worse for Uber than a strike because pax will watch their app say ride in 1 minute and next thing you know it’s 10 minutes then 15 until some ant accepts. Now Uber makes a consequence for not accepting trips.
Dude you have no idea about central/north jersey driving and have no idea about all the uneducation low IQ people that live around here. Last time there was a strike, there were more drivers than usual on the roads. The strikes help uber, not hurt. It only stops some of the smarter drivers from going out, but draws in more than the usual amounts of the dumb and poor

ZepFan

I think I fall on the side that this strike just isn't going to do anything. Part of the problem or challenge that drivers have in getting a point across is by not hurting passengers and only trying to hurt Uber. I am not sure if there is really it an effective way to do that. Quite frankly I think what would really hurt Uber is if on a Saturday everybody put their app on, accepted any ride that came their way and then didn't move a muscle until the passengers canceled.

Uber burn in hell

Just a something for you to reflect on about what you just said. You are also falling for it. Don’t change anything, you took ppl to the gettho!!! ?. Think about it.
Post automatically merged:

I think I fall on the side that this strike just isn't going to do anything. Part of the problem or challenge that drivers have in getting a point across is by not hurting passengers and only trying to hurt Uber. I am not sure if there is really it an effective way to do that. Quite frankly I think what would really hurt Uber is if on a Saturday everybody put their app on, accepted any ride that came their way and then didn't move a muscle until the passengers canceled.
I like it, I like it! You lead I will follow... all we have to do is have the app on and go about our business doing other things.

zombieguy

Promotions are like surge...if you are close to hitting it, go for it, otherwise don't chase them....

I think the cancellation rate is way to low. Uber also needs to put in place that if a driver cancels for whatever the reason, that driver and that pax are not matched up again. Numerous times I have gone to a pick up, waited the time, pax is a no show, cancel, collect the fee and move on. A min later I get a request from the same person, Automatic cancel. This is going to affect cancellation rate.

Last edited:

Uber burn in hell

Promotions are like surge...if you are close to hitting it, go for it, otherwise don't chase them....

I think the cancellation rate is way to low. Uber also needs to put in place that if a driver cancels for whatever the reason, that driver and that pax are not matched up again. Numerous times I have gone to a pick up, waited the time, pax is a no show, cancel, collect the fee and move on. A min later I get a request from the same person, Automatic cancel. This is going to affect cancellation rate.
They definitely have to add “ extremely intoxicated rider” option, oh and also “ I can see the once of weed in his hand”

ZepFan

Those situations are even worse when you have your destination point on. If you have already done a ride to the destination you cannot turn it off or you lose it.

The real problem here is obvious. If you cancel on somebody because of no car seat or unaccompanied minor, the account should be immediately put on hold.

Uber burn in hell

Ya right, how can a Rider account get hit with lots of those cancellations, and no repercussion from Fuber, I bet they don’t even send out a message.
Greed is the root of all evil.