AFL-CIO Largest Union in US just posted this in support of the Uber strike

No Prisoners

It’s been done,

Ride -Austin.

When Uber/lyft were kicked out of Austin it thrived,

Then Uber paid the state of Texas to get back in and undercut ride Austin decimating it.

Then each individual driver made the choice to take Uber/lyft pings because that’s what most of the pings were, even thou they paid less.

Quite literally in the face of competition Uber/lyft will lower the price and steal all the customers.

And the drivers follow because bad rates are better than no pay at all.
Problem with Ride Austin, as with all other ridesharing taxi platforms is that they all depend on percentage of fares. That type of model is inherently flawed against companies like uber that with vast amounts of capital from VC can artificially lower fares and inevitably bankrupt competitors.
Even models like Tryp that charge drivers upfront fess also are flawed. Why would a driver pay upfront without guarantee of riders. That's an MLM scheme.

Nevertheless, the only type of model that can be indefinitely sustainable is one that does not depend on capturing any percentage of fares.

Imagine uber lowering prices to compete against a model that doesn't rely on fares. Regardless how low uber can drop fares, the competing model provides 100% of fares to drivers. Uber cannot compete against such model. We call it Ecosystem.

A digital ecosystem structure that enables the millions of people creating the capability for others to move around to have an equitable relationship with those benefiting.

I_Like_Spam

Even models like Tryp that charge drivers upfront fess also are flawed. Why would a driver pay upfront without guarantee of riders. That's an MLM scheme.

Yellow Cab here in Pittsburgh traditionally leased the cabs to the drivers, with no guarantee of any fares.

The advantage of a flat fee to the company is that if a paying driver takes rides "off the meter" or "off the app" , its no sweat off the company's behind. They collected their money up front.

JustTreatMeFair

Ride Austin is alive and well and appears to be experiencing growth. Unlike Uber/Lyft the RA app shows other cars proximity to yours when not in a ride. The number of those symbols appears to increase daily.

Reactions: MHR

No Prisoners

Yellow Cab here in Pittsburgh traditionally leased the cabs to the drivers, with no guarantee of any fares.

The advantage of a flat fee to the company is that if a paying driver takes rides "off the meter" or "off the app" , its no sweat off the company's behind. They collected their money up front.
Sir taxis worked well until Uber came in and destroyed the industry by lowering fares subsidized with VC. What I mean by flawed is that all models based on percentage of fares are vulnerable against predatory systems such as Uber's.
Taxi medallion owners received a fee. Fine, but low fares made it impossible for taxi drivers to compete. Uber's model is anticompetitive. Hence medallions crashed in value.
Uber's flow of VC allows it disrupt and decimate small operatators.
But a system that doesn't rely on fares is immune to Uber. How low can uber lower fares before it implodes. If drivers can capture 100% its irrelevant.

nouberipo

It would be hilarious if Uber’s IPO flops, one can dream.

Look at Lyft!! According to them though their IPO was a succes! Investors speak to that lie by shorting the stock and refraining from investing in the pyramid scheme. Anyone who invests in Uber and Lyft shows they obviously are buying into the hype with little or no due dilligence in understanding that they are contributing to an a.) unethical/immoral corporation and that what will stop them from ripping off investors like they have drivers and b.) they have obviously not read the full prospectus as anyone who any rational understanding of the company and leadership (the Iranian CEO of Uber is shifty as can be) would not be investing in it. Those who do I hope nothing more than you feel the wrath of Uber doing unto them what they have done to the drivers over the years. The Uber and Lyft cultures are as corrupt as can be and display everything that is wrong with America.

I_Like_Spam

Look at Lyft!! According to them though their IPO was a succes! Investors speak to that lie by shorting the stock and refraining from investing in the pyramid scheme. Anyone who invests in Uber and Lyft shows they obviously are buying into the hype with little or no due dilligence in understanding that they are contributing to an a.) unethical/immoral corporation and that what will stop them from ripping off investors like they have drivers and b.) they have obviously not read the full prospectus as anyone who any rational understanding of the company and leadership (the Iranian CEO of Uber is shifty as can be) would not be investing in it. Those who do I hope nothing more than you feel the wrath of Uber doing unto them what they have done to the drivers over the years. The Uber and Lyft cultures are as corrupt as can be and display everything that is wrong with America.

What most investors in Uber are looking at, is the possibility that ride sharing is the future of personal transportation in this country. The Uber Dream is to eventually make automobile ownership something that most people would rather not be involved in as using the app will be cheaper and more convenient for them.

They see the possibility of being on the cutting edge of a new revolution , part of the new "Subscription Economy", and nothing really that "immoral" at all.

The Uber Dream could fall apart, granted. I think most investors understand that.

As far as "ripping off" drivers, I don't personally see it. Its a startup business, that's being built up now, and the partners are in on the ground floor. If the idea succeeds, the number of trips available will increase and so will compensation.

No Prisoners

Surge is price gouging based on algorithm metrics otherwise surge for drivers would be proportionate to riders' surge.
A throughout federal investigation including subpoenas of employees, all relevant data, would most definitely uncover evidence of price fixing with others Rico Act implications.
Uber already had a rocketeering case dismissed, but it was poorly handled.
An attorney friend told me it's been considered by a large firm that specializes on class actions. Couldn't give me details, just very sensitive.

goneubering

Surge is price gouging based on algorithm metrics otherwise surge for drivers would be proportionate to riders' surge.
A throughout federal investigation including subpoenas of employees, all relevant data, would most definitely uncover evidence of price fixing with others Rico Act implications.
Uber already had a rocketeering case dismissed, but it was poorly handled.
An attorney friend told me it's been considered by a large firm that specializes on class actions. Couldn't give me details, just very sensitive.

Why can’t you give any details about your imaginary friends? :wink:

Stevie The magic Unicorn

That's exactly how i rent cabs (ubertaxi cabs at that)

Yesterday kinda sucked but i lost a couple hours to issues with the car, (a taxi with 280,000 miles falling apart. Who would have guessed)

still $110 after shelling out $95 for rental (reduced rate due to said issues) and a crapload in gas because that van was high mileage as well as a van.

Michaeljayclark

And from where would this fantasy company of yours gain its customer base while being able to provide the same service at the same rates (or cheaper) that they are presently paying on Uber/Lyft?

Oh. Didn't think of that part, did you, genius?

Hate much?

Copy Uber. Copy Lyft. Mass advertising and make the rates lower. Uber and Lyft both need the extra money to invest in research and development of autonomous vehicles so the rates are as low as the can go.

Be $1 cheaper than Uber Lyft on all fares and the customer base would FLOCK to the new platform.

Drivers refuse to do Uber and Lyft and only do the new platform and Uber and Lyft will die

goneubering

Hate much?

Copy Uber. Copy Lyft. Mass advertising and make the rates lower. Uber and Lyft both need the extra money to invest in research and development of autonomous vehicles so the rates are as low as the can go.

Be $1 cheaper than Uber Lyft on all fares and the customer base would FLOCK to the new platform.

Drivers refuse to do Uber and Lyft and only do the new platform and Uber and Lyft will die

Brilliant idea. You and NP can start a new company together with all his imaginary investor friends and easily TAKE DOWN Uber. We’ll wait for the big press release.

VictorD

Copy Uber. Copy Lyft. Mass advertising and make the rates lower.

Ok, genius.

Uber and Lyft are already operating on fully functioning platforms. Lyft has raised over $7B. Uber has raised over $24B and is in store for another $10-20B at ipo.

When you wake-up from your wet dream (and remove the sticky shorts), let me know how much you're working with.

dryverjohn

Problem with Ride Austin, as with all other ridesharing taxi platforms is that they all depend on percentage of fares. That type of model is inherently flawed against companies like uber that with vast amounts of capital from VC can artificially lower fares and inevitably bankrupt competitors.

Nevertheless, the only type of model that can be indefinitely sustainable is one that does not depend on capturing any percentage of fares.

Imagine uber lowering prices to compete against a model that doesn't rely on fares. Regardless how low uber can drop fares, the competing model provides 100% of fares to drivers. Uber cannot compete against such model. We call it Ecosystem.

A digital ecosystem structure that enables the millions of people creating the capability for others to move around to have an equitable relationship with those benefiting.

Digital wallet, drivers get paid after fare and passengers pay into the wallet, small micro transaction fee on every transaction, basically every ride is at least 2 transactions. I like the idea, you don't need to make money on the ride, be the wallet. Working on this already, as well.

No Prisoners

Digital wallet, drivers get paid after fare and passengers pay into the wallet, small micro transaction fee on every transaction, basically every ride is at least 2 transactions. I like the idea, you don't need to make money on the ride, be the wallet. Working on this already, as well.
Digital wallet only a consequential revenue stream, but not enough to operate a true platform. It's miniscule. Other revenue streams would make uber over $26 billion net. Uber uses venmo from PayPal.
Post automatically merged:

Hate much?

Really bothers me when people try to discourage others from trying. Tell you what. Private message me when your platform is ready, give me some metrics, I'll consider giving you our model. You'll be able to let your drivers take 100% of fares.

Last edited:

Rosalita

Hey uber Borg trolls cut your weekend short and get back online Uber needs you. Hurry Damage control.
Tweeter is burning ? targeting bankers. Trolls please don't blame me for starting the target IPO thing and tweeting to target bankers and investors. Millions of tweets targeted at Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs.
Its becoming a revolution.
Now it makes sense why Uber has emergency meeting in London yesterday.
AFL-CIO posted this. I hear there are negotiations to join the strike.

This

AFLCIO another reason to avoid this mess!

Digital wallet only a consequential revenue stream, but not enough to operate a true platform. It's miniscule. Other revenue streams would make uber over $26 billion net. Uber uses venmo from PayPal.

Really bothers me when people try to discourage others from trying. Tell you what. Private message me when your platform is ready, give me some metrics, I'll consider giving you our model. You'll be able to let your drivers take 100% of fares.

Well that's just it: No one is building a better mouse trap. They just want more cheese in the one they're eating from.

What most investors in Uber are looking at, is the possibility that ride sharing is the future of personal transportation in this country. The Uber Dream is to eventually make automobile ownership something that most people would rather not be involved in as using the app will be cheaper and more convenient for them.

They see the possibility of being on the cutting edge of a new revolution , part of the new "Subscription Economy", and nothing really that "immoral" at all.

The Uber Dream could fall apart, granted. I think most investors understand that.

As far as "ripping off" drivers, I don't personally see it. Its a startup business, that's being built up now, and the partners are in on the ground floor. If the idea succeeds, the number of trips available will increase and so will compensation.

The U.S. is a car culture. Our freedom and independence is tied up in vehicles. Ride share contributes to that concept. Pushing people out of their vehicles will require a massive brainwashing strategy. The only way self-autonomous vehicles work is if every vehicle out there is one. That's not happening in the U.S. If our counry were the size of, say, Switzerland, perhaps. But it's not and physical mobility is directly linked to upward mobility in the U.S. And don't look for the Mills to drive this thing, no pun intended. They're the ones who love their SUVs and pick up trucks. Who'd a thunk it? What's next? Tiny houses?

Last edited:

No Prisoners

Uber's not a technology company nor a rideshare platform. It's nothing but a taxi dispatching broker. No intellectual property, no assets, just a dispatcher.
There's no ridesharing in what drivers do.

goneubering

Other revenue streams would make uber over $26 billion net.

Hahahaha!!!!

How quickly inflation has invaded your imaginary numbers. :wink:

In this thread you claimed Uber would would net $24 billion from your top secret digital system. Why not be a real winner and claim they would earn $50 billion in net profits? It’s all just wild fiction anyway.