Advocacy meeting notes

ATX 22

Our attendance of drivers nearly doubled from the previous week. We discussed the need to form a proper association, and the potential cost and rewards for doing so.
Also discussed was setting up a paypal account and soliciting membership to pitch in, at their discretion, to pay for the setting up of an association, as well as printing and distribution of guerilla marketing materials to spread the word about tipping drivers, what we really make, etc.
Under the formation of the association, it was identified that we will need a constitution and a set of bylaws, and that both could be found in a boilerplate model.
We discussed the upcoming ATD mobility meeting, and the need to be sure driver interests were represented, independently of the TNC companies themselves.
Before adjourning, we set the next meeting date as 8/30/2015. Time and place TBA.

If anyone else has additional information to add, please do not hesitate to do so.

Last edited:

Nate R

Names, we need names for the group.... I still like the service neutral option. How about one of these?

ARDA (Austin Rideshare Drivers Association)
AARD (Association of Austin Rideshare Drivers)
AMRD (Austin Metro Rideshare Drivers)
AARD (Austin Area Rideshare Drivers)
RDA (Rideshare Drivers of Austin)
IRDA (Independent Rideshare Drivers Association/of Austin)
AAIRDA (Austin Area Independent Rideshare Driver Association)

Last edited:

Tx rides

Names, we need names for the group.... I still like the service neutral option. How about one of these?

ARDA (Austin Rideshare Drivers Association)
AARD (Association of Austin Rideshare Drivers)
AMRD (Austin Metro Rideshare Drivers)
AARD (Austin Area Rideshare Drivers)
RDA (Rideshare Drivers of Austin)
IRDA (Independent Rideshare Drivers Association/of Austin)
AAIRDA (Austin Area Independent Rideshare Driver Association)
My advice: do not use "rideshare" Austin has specific definitions for "rideshare", Uber is not a ridesharing service. Carma and other true carpooling services take this very seriously,as do the many public transportation advocates.

ATX 22

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
ATNDA-Austin Transportation Network Driver's Association

ANTS-Austin Network of Transportation Servicers

TNDA-Transportation Network Driver's Association

Stratos

ADUD (Austin Designated Uber Drivers)

AID (Austin Independent Drivers)

DIVAS (Drivers of Independent Vehicles in Austin Services)

AAD (Austin Area Divers)

DAM (Driving Austin Municipality)

DUI (Driving Uber Independent's)

IUD (Independent Uber Drivers)

ATX 22

TNCD-Transportation Network Drivers Cooperative.
ULIDA-Uber Lyft Independent Drivers Association

Killeen Ubur

Our attendance of drivers nearly doubled from the previous week. We discussed the need to form a proper association, and the potential cost and rewards for doing so.
Also discussed was setting up a paypal account and soliciting membership to pitch in, at their discretion, to pay for the setting up of an association, as well as printing and distribution of guerilla marketing materials to spread the word about tipping drivers, what we really make, etc.
Under the formation of the association, it was identified that we will need a constitution and a set of bylaws, and that both could be found in a boilerplate model.
We discussed the upcoming ATD mobility meeting, and the need to be sure driver interests were represented, independently of the TNC companies themselves.
Before adjourning, we set the next meeting date as 8/30/2015. Time and place TBA.

If anyone else has additional information to add, please do not hesitate to do so.

Great that you are trying to get some thing started with the rideshare community....But in my opinion your just wasting alot of time and effort that you could be used to find a more lucrative career...The fact is there is no money being a driver for rideshare.....And with the internet and how they hire new drivers you will never be a force to be reckon with....Just the cold hard truth....Take it from a person who is retired and drives just to same off a bar stool during the day.

Rober Saunder

Great that you are trying to get some thing started with the rideshare community....But in my opinion your just wasting alot of time and effort that you could be used to find a more lucrative career...The fact is there is no money being a driver for rideshare.....And with the internet and how they hire new drivers you will never be a force to be reckon with....Just the cold hard truth....Take it from a person who is retired and drives just to same off a bar stool during the day.
If you think that there's no money in Uber, you should check out Home Depot, where I spent 8 years. I'm doing much, much better with Uber. I think it's awesome that an advocacy is forming though. It can only help it to be better. I need to get to the next meeting.

Killeen Ubur

If you think that there's no money in Uber, you should check out Home Depot, where I spent 8 years. I'm doing much, much better with Uber. I think it's awesome that an advocacy is forming though. It can only help it to be better. I need to get to the next meeting.
Remember you are going to get a 1099 at the end of the year.....Fed Tax due....and wait for oil changes and tires...I got over 2400 trip alot of oil changes lol

ATX 22

Remember you are going to get a 1099 at the end of the year.....Fed Tax due....and wait for oil changes and tires...I got over 2400 trip alot of oil changes lol
Opinions are like a$$holes. I happen to want to make a difference for people other than myself. So far we've been able to get one article written, working on a second in the statesman and have some people with more social media experience than myself working on some twitter bombs. If I'm wasting my time, well, it's mine to waste isn't it.

Rober Saunder

Opinions are like a$$holes. I happen to want to make a difference for people other than myself. So far we've been able to get one article written, working on a second in the statesman and have some people with more social media experience than myself working on some twitter bombs. If I'm wasting my time, well, it's mine to waste isn't it.
I think you're on the right track. Keep it up.

Killeen Ubur

Opinions are like a$$holes.
Great response.....At 52 you should know better then attacking people's Opinions with a response like that..Only showing your ignorance

Growing tired with this crop of newbies.....Maybe check back in a few months and see all the new faces on here LOL.....Just like the times before

ATX 22

Great response.....At 52 you should know better then attacking people's Opinions with a response like that..Only showing your ignorance

Growing tired with this crop of newbies.....Maybe check back in a few months and see all the new faces on here LOL.....Just like the times before
You offered your unsolicited opinion of something I have chosen to do. Take my response and do with it whatever you wish. I'm not ignorant, nor am I stupid. I typically work hard to be sure I don't frame differences of opinion in an inflammatory manner. In your case, on your comment, I chose to make an exception.

Toddal

Good riddance!! You are a pompous twit who is always coming on here spouting your self righteous garbage and frankly we are all pretty tired of hearing it!! Please go away and never come back....or at least in a few months like you said so that we can have some relief from your endless comment vomit.

Also, which is it....Uber sucks and we should all quit or you are a seasoned pro who knows what he is doing and we are all newbies? Because if you are the seasoned pro then you are the seasoned pro....at Uber sucking. Maybe chew on that a little bit smart guy.

Last edited: