Inshur

Advice required

Ali_2016

Hi All,

Just needed some advice on the attachment picture, was logged on and got two uberfool jobs which I didn't bother excepting.

They then decided to log me off for 10 mins which is a real pain in the a**se! Any advice how to work around this? Or you just have to wait? I did try and restart my phone, restart the app but it didn't work.

Also how do I get them to stop sending me these fool jobs? I've heard some drivers have emailed them what excuse did you have to make?.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Attachments

Hogster

Ive never accepted Pool or normal rate LHR Pickups for the cheap charlies.

After a couple of weeks those charity pings stopped coming

soTuga

I don't take pool either, over a shift in the middle of 2.4 surge the uber controller decided to play with me, got countless pool requests - only pool - result was 3x bans and over an hour wasted.

Who lost? - Uber lost, because I could be taking other jobs. If I take pool, I loose money by driving cheaper and moving away from the central area.
I sent the opt out email, but they just returned a copy of the drivers agreement - basically ff off.
when they ban me, I just put the timer on ..either drive to a better position or just park and take a break. We are dealing with prats with no sense of reality.

Mr. Mister

We are dealing with prats with no sense of reality.
Now you know how your passengers feel when you get lost and drive the wrong way up one way streets .........a general observation Tuga not personally aimed at you.

soTuga

Now you know how your passengers feel when you get lost and drive the wrong way up one way streets .........a general observation Tuga not personally aimed at you.
Yeh, not aimed at me at all, but if drivers do get lost, the price is cheap for that same reason- most are part timers, never done any sort of driving before.
Also getting a bit lost is part of driving in a big platform like Uber that takes us everywhere, I've seen many BCs lost out of town.

Mr. Mister

Yeh, not aimed at me at all, but if drivers do get lost, the price is cheap for that same reason- most are part timers, never done any sort of driving before.
Also getting a bit lost is part of driving in a big platform like Uber that takes us everywhere, I've seen many BCs lost out of town.
Personally I don't think that part timers who have never done any sort of driving before should be driving members of the public around. That by definition is inherently unsafe. I think that anyone who is driving the paying public around should be highly trained. Otherwise you might as well stick your thumb out and hitch a lift from a stranger. Which is one of the main arguments against uber. On the very rare occasion that I do get lost out of town I don't charge the customer for my mistake and either stop the meter or adjust the fare at the end of the ride so that they are not paying for my mistake. Something that uber don't do. I missed a tiny little mews in Clapham Old Town last week and had to go around the one way system to get back to it. At the end of the job the meter was 14 quid and I said just give me 12 and apologies for the detour. They said take 15. Thanks very much.

Last edited:

uberR

Personally I don't think that part timers who have never done any sort of driving before should be driving members of the public around. That by definition is inherently unsafe. I think that anyone who is driving the paying public around should be highly trained. Otherwise you might as well stick your thumb out and hitch a lift from a stranger. Which is one of the main arguments against uber. On the very rare occasion that I do get lost out of town I don't charge the customer for my mistake and either stop the meter or adjust the fare at the end of the ride so that they are not paying for my mistake. Something that uber don't do. I missed a tiny little mews in Clapham Old Town last week and had to go around the one way system to get back to it. At the end of the job the meter was 14 quid and I said just give me 12 and apologies for the detour. They said take 15. Thanks very much.
This goes to show you do not know much about uber at all, which kind of makes people think they are right to not take anything most black cabs on here seriously. If uber driver takes long route wether on purpose or by lack of knowledge passengers get a refund and charged the shortest route when they send a complaint email. Same cannot be said about black cabs, if the driver is dishonest and passenger does not realise at the time. And afterwards it would be almost impossible in most realistic situations for the passenger to do anything.
That's one of the pros about uber for the passengers, you can see the exact route at your leisure later on and see if the most efficient route was taken or not and be able to do something about it.

hondaboy

Mister, Ofcourse new PCO drivers can carry public. It takes time to get experience. What you should focus on is the lengh of Driving licence not PCO licence. to get PCO you have to be a driver for at least 3 years in UK. Everyone has to start somwhere, right? Are you also attacking Van Rental companies to rent vans to drivers who never driven bigger cars but still are in category 'B'? Is your frustration aimed only at uber or PH in general? You are very focused on Uber drivers mistakes. I understand that you BC hate uber but I can tell you that not all uber drivers are bad. Many have been driven car and being in the trade for ages.

I also reduce the fare if I make a mistake- I just finish the trip earlier and drive 'off-line''. Im doing it for the sake of fairnes towards customer and myself as Im not a rip-off. Please dont classify everybody in the same way. It is also regarding your other posts about who police will stop more likely. Put your prejudice away and dont make it your habit.
hope it helps

UberLuxbod

Absolutely.

And in the interests of fairness all Taxi drivers must work full time......

No matter what Taxi drivers say PH has been an extra income for people in London and elsewhere for years

The only issue now if the stupidity and incompetence of TFL in Licencing people that have little to no driving experience in London, or indeed the UK.

The vast majority of PH drivers are perfectly competent drivers.

Out of 100k drivers you will get a few hundred idiots.

Makemoneyfornow

Have to say the new batch who are joining uber are terrible drivers. I'm pretty sure they never thought about ph before uber.

Had one guy coming the wrong way on bath road outside Sheraton almost head on collision.

By the way a lot of drivers do end journey early to compensate for mistakes and if they don't
uber just charge them the average rate for that journey from past trip data.

real taxi bod

This goes to show you do not know much about uber at all, which kind of makes people think they are right to not take anything most black cabs on here seriously. If uber driver takes long route wether on purpose or by lack of knowledge passengers get a refund and charged the shortest route when they send a complaint email. Same cannot be said about black cabs, if the driver is dishonest and passenger does not realise at the time. And afterwards it would be almost impossible in most realistic situations for the passenger to do anything.
That's one of the pros about uber for the passengers, you can see the exact route at your leisure later on and see if the most efficient route was taken or not and be able to do something about it.
I'm afraid you're wrong, you're comparing apples with oranges by comparing black cabs to uber.
If you want to compare black cabs with someone it would be PH as a whole.
Uber is an app supplier so if want to compare with someone it would be another app company.
There are plenty of black cab app companies to compare with, hailo, gett, Cab app etc,
These all provide route checks and fare refunds if necessary.
So maybe you don't know as much as you think you do either.
Cheers

Methos

Mister, Ofcourse new PCO drivers can carry public. It takes time to get experience. What you should focus on is the lengh of Driving licence not PCO licence. to get PCO you have to be a driver for at least 3 years in UK. Everyone has to start somwhere, right? Are you also attacking Van Rental companies to rent vans to drivers who never driven bigger cars but still are in category 'B'? Is your frustration aimed only at uber or PH in general? You are very focused on Uber drivers mistakes. I understand that you BC hate uber but I can tell you that not all uber drivers are bad. Many have been driven car and being in the trade for ages.

I also reduce the fare if I make a mistake- I just finish the trip earlier and drive 'off-line''. Im doing it for the sake of fairnes towards customer and myself as Im not a rip-off. Please dont classify everybody in the same way. It is also regarding your other posts about who police will stop more likely. Put your prejudice away and dont make it your habit.
hope it helps
Not 100% sure but if you end the journey and pax is still in the car and you have an accident your insurance might get void and Uber is likely to deactivate you as it might be legally classified as touting so my advice is to not take this huge risk and apologize to pax and if pax is cheap enough they will email and get fare adjusted.

UberLuxbod

Not 100% sure but if you end the journey and pax is still in the car and you have an accident your insurance might get void and Uber is likely to deactivate you as it might be legally classified as touting so my advice is to not take this huge risk and apologize to pax and if pax is cheap enough they will email and get fare adjusted.
The App isn't a meter so why would it need to be on?

I have been told several times that the meter has to be on in a Taxi even if doing a fixed price, but I think that is to ensure the fare is not higher than the metered fare.

hondaboy

Methos, good point but I'm talking about ending 1-2 mins earlier. It's less than a mile. Customer paid for the booked trip so it shouldn't be illegal. It also happen once twice a year so accident chances are lower than zombie apocalypse :wink:

Makemoneyfornow

Not 100% sure but if you end the journey and pax is still in the car and you have an accident your insurance might get void and Uber is likely to deactivate you as it might be legally classified pas touting so my advice is to not take this huge risk and apologize to pax and if pax is cheap enough they will email and get fare adjusted.
If your not being rewarded for I.e paid because you ended early and doing customer a favour is the insurance still going to be a problem?

soTuga

Each time I've made a mistake like that, I email uber and they adjust the fare..I also tell the pax that I will do it.
There are times that the app can't end the trip..I do the same, before pax do it.

The only difference is that with you, pax pay you cash and can add a tip and you win anyway, with Uber, I make the mistake, get the fare adjusted and get low rated plus a bad review.

Spy & Mash

The App isn't a meter so why would it need to be on?

I have been told several times that the meter has to be on in a Taxi even if doing a fixed price, but I think that is to ensure the fare is not higher than the metered fare.
You get paid the fixed price regardless whether the meter is higher or lower than the quoted price.
Thats why its called fixed price.
A driver will turn the meter on because it will denote he/she is not available for hire and as a driver you want to know out of curiousity how much money you have made or lost.

uberR

I'm afraid you're wrong, you're comparing apples with oranges by comparing black cabs to uber.
If you want to compare black cabs with someone it would be PH as a whole.
Uber is an app supplier so if want to compare with someone it would be another app company.
There are plenty of black cab app companies to compare with, hailo, gett, Cab app etc,
These all provide route checks and fare refunds if necessary.
So maybe you don't know as much as you think you do either.
Cheers
I'm afraid you guys cannot read at all, maybe some of the older forum members that have read my posts in the past with regards to the matter of comparing the two services would know that I do not see minicabs and black cabs being comparable as they are two slightly different services with mainly two different sets of client base.

I was responding to a post from a black cabby writing with regards to how uber drivers rip of passengers by going the long route if they got lost.

I don't think many ph drivers if any at all generally go round black cab forums making any comparisons. It's the black cab drivers that come on to the uber forums and start the comparison game. Maybe you should educate your fellow black cabs on here.. and oh yes also learn to read my posts carefully before thinking you are making a smart response. All your fellow black cabs that seem to have like your posts also need some reading lessons.