Advice on switching from UberX to a premium option

I drive a UberX car and want a new car.

I’ve been thinking about my next new car, and I want a Mercedes sedan or an Audi sedan. Luxury sedans and possibly all black.

Does anyone any advice on the premium options (Select, Black, Lux) ? Should I do it, or stick with a UberX car? I don’t really know the difference between the 3 options I listed. And I would hate to have “TCP” on my car permanently because I don’t like people knowing that I Uber. I want to be able to take it off just like taking off the Uber sticker when you’re not Ubering. And idk how that works with the TCP

Ridesharecaligirl

I’ve been thinking about my next new car, and I want a Mercedes sedan or an Audi sedan. Luxury sedans and possibly all black.

Does anyone any advice on the premium options (Select, Black, Lux) ? Should I do it, or stick with a UberX car? I don’t really know the difference between the 3 options I listed. And I would hate to have “TCP” on my car permanently because I don’t like people knowing that I Uber. I want to be able to take it off just like taking off the Uber sticker when you’re not Ubering. And idk how that works with the TCP
How much do you make a week on X?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If you’re asking these questions then you dont have enough knowledge to be doing it.

Just for starters.... do you have $60k and six months of time to invest just to get started??
Well that’s why I’m asking for advice. I can afford the car, and is that 6 months you’re referring to the process of getting a TCP? Does Select need the TCP too?

LoveBC

Well that’s why I’m asking for advice. I can afford the car, and is that 6 months you’re referring to the process of getting a TCP? Does Select need the TCP too?
The six months I’m referring to is for the airport permits. Most of the business is going to and from airports. The LA city attorney takes about that long to approve each LAX agreement.

It will also take you time to find an insurance company that will do business with you. You have to pay that six months upfront.

CPUC is notoriously slow at processing anything.

Select doesn’t need any of it. Select is garbage that shouldn’t even be in the same discussion as the tcp grades. Just ask any select driver on here how much it sucks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The six months I’m referring to is for the airport permits. Most of the business is going to and from airports. The LA city attorney takes about that long to approve each LAX agreement.

It will also take you time to find an insurance company that will do business with you. You have to pay that six months upfront.

CPUC is notoriously slow at processing anything.

Select doesn’t need any of it. Select is garbage that shouldn’t even be in the same discussion as the tcp grades. Just ask any select driver on here how much it sucks.
My insurance company doesn’t know about Ubering, so I guess that’s out of the question ?

UberLaLa

You'll need to do 6 day weeks to make any TCP grade platform profitable. Simply to cover the costs of a TCP car with all of it's permits etc.., If you want to have at least $1k a week left over after all expenses.

Select & Lyft Lux suck now. Uber Lux is TCP along with UberBlack/SUV.

LAWeasel

You don't need TCP for select and Lyft Lux.

Select has already seen a rate cut.

Lyft Lux and the rest of Lyft may get it.

My instinct says Uber will cut XL, then Lyft will have their whole structure and copy it.

1K / week should be doable driving regular Lyft and using Uber only for 1.3 or greater surge and DF. Problem is, Hurricane Charlotte will be coming soon.

And did you say New Mercedes?

Enjoy it for personal use and stick with a radio flyer wagon pulled by a jackass for Uber and Lyft.

I would be investing $0.00 right now for any rideshare vehicle. The rate cuts have made it nearly impossible to open yourself up to lower platform levels just to get back on DF from wherever Lux may take you.

Ridesharecaligirl

You don't need TCP for select and Lyft Lux.

Select has already seen a rate cut.

Lyft Lux and the rest of Lyft may get it.

My instinct says Uber will cut XL, then Lyft will have their whole structure and copy it.

1K / week should be doable driving regular Lyft and using Uber only for 1.3 or greater surge and DF. Problem is, Hurricane Charlotte will be coming soon.

And did you say New Mercedes?

Enjoy it for personal use and stick with a radio flyer wagon pulled by a jackass for Uber and Lyft.

I would be investing $0.00 right now for any rideshare vehicle. The rate cuts have made it nearly impossible to open yourself up to lower platform levels just to get back on DF from wherever Lux may take you.
I like the radio flyer wagon pulled by Travis idea you might be on to something ?

GreatWhiteHope

Realistically your best option would be to get a hybrid car so you can do Select and X --- but most people that operate this way dont know what they're doing and do X primarily.

other option would be something like a QX60 -- that would give you XL, Select, Lyft Black and Lyft SUV
but your gas cost would be higher.

AngelAdams

Don’t. I’ve done X, Select, Black, and Lux. And I did it in its prime. Now my cousins front yard looks like a BMW dealership. Cut ties with U/L and never look back.