Advice on meeting girls in Uber?

DRider85

Over the last few years, occasionally I've had girls ask me to go to the bar with them. I have turned down every time because on this forum, they recommend that you don't do that because you could get deactivated. They could be working for Uber or they could get drunk and then accuse you of something if you leave the car with them.

But I have turned down a very attractive girl before in a beach town. I kind of regret it. How can I make good judgements in the future? How do I ensure that if I take the offer I won't get in trouble with Uber? Any advice?

The way I see it is you can't take life for granted. If you meet your soulmate, are you seriously going to decline just because of the possibility of getting in trouble with Uber? I meet more girls in Uber than anywhere. I feel sad that I declined girls who were very good looking. I don't want to be single because of this.

Oh and just so you know I'm not driving right now. But when COVID is lifted, this is what I'm talking about.

Uber4lyfe

The problem is most people see Uber/Lyft drivers as machines. The moment the machine has consciousness and wants to live like human, that machine is to be decommissioned.

The best way to take action is to ask for a coffee talk so the attractive lady could realize you're not a machine. Never show any sign of dating, just pure friendship.

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
It's been a very long time since I've been in the dating scene but here goes. Maybe ask for the phone number with the caveat that you are both going to wait a week before contacting each other? That way there's cool off time to see if the interest is real. And then of course meet for lunch or coffee so that it's more friendly and less romantic to start with.
Post automatically merged:

In my opinion physical intimacy up to and including sex is the absolute worst way to start a relationship. Yes you have to have some sort of Attraction initially but life isn't a Hollywood movie.

If you are looking to meet someone that you will stay with for a long time , i e get married, you need to be on the same page with values and goals. Physical intimacy and sex comprise a very small percentage of what the two of you would spend your life doing together.

Ptuberdriver

Over the last few years, occasionally I've had girls ask me to go to the bar with them. I have turned down every time because on this forum, they recommend that you don't do that because you could get deactivated. They could be working for Uber or they could get drunk and then accuse you of something if you leave the car with them.

But I have turned down a very attractive girl before in a beach town. I kind of regret it. How can I make good judgements in the future? How do I ensure that if I take the offer I won't get in trouble with Uber? Any advice?

The way I see it is you can't take life for granted. If you meet your soulmate, are you seriously going to decline just because of the possibility of getting in trouble with Uber? I meet more girls in Uber than anywhere. I feel sad that I declined girls who were very good looking. I don't want to be single because of this.

Oh and just so you know I'm not driving right now. But when COVID is lifted, this is what I'm talking about.

My best advice is if you want to accept, you turn off the app. And have them text you to join her. Then you have proof that you were not working, and she asked you to join her. Then you have a legitimate reason for joining her

MHR

If you seriously want to go out with a girl you met while driving I agree that what a couple of the guys have already said.

Get her number and wait a few days before meeting up then go out for coffee or a lunch date. I would not turn off the app the go hang out with her on the same day. I think that's what could lead you to trouble.

Plus coffee or lunch dates are easier (says the woman who hasn't dated in 30+ years). There's no pressure, it's a genuine getting to know you type of date.

Acheese11

don't do it!! I had a regular customer (very nice and polite) and one day he slipped me his phone number, we had a couple of innocent texts and then I never heard from him again, my number was blocked, and I was reported to uber for inappropriate behavior. I looked up the number on facebook and it was connected to a woman, I'm guessing his WIFE!!! You don't know these people!!!!

wallae

don't do it!! I had a regular customer (very nice and polite) and one day he slipped me his phone number, we had a couple of innocent texts and then I never heard from him again, my number was blocked, and I was reported to uber for inappropriate behavior. I looked up the number on facebook and it was connected to a woman, I'm guessing his WIFE!!! You don't know these people!!!!
How long were you stalking him?

Christinebitg

I did get one offer a while back, but decided not to take it. But if I wanted to, I'd say "Let's trade phone numbers and see if it seems like a good idea tomorrow."

But let's go back to review the initial assumptions. The problem statement, if you will...

The way I see it is you can't take life for granted. If you meet your soulmate, are you seriously going to decline just because of the possibility of getting in trouble with Uber?

Y'all may have a different opinion than I do. But with several billion (with a "B") people alive on Earth, I can't subscribe to the notion of one and only one "soulmate."

Even just within a radius of a couple hundred miles, there are literally *thousands* of people that you're compatible with. Any one of whom would be a perfectly good partner for you.

How to meet some of them is a topic that's longer than this message. But I assure you that they exist. My parents met on a blind date in the 1940s, and were married for more than 70 years, until my mother passed away last month.

My aunt introduced them. But she's not available to help you now, as she's in an assisted living facility.

mbd

Don’t do it, these hot and good looking girls want your baby and the alimony the play.😛
Once they mate with the Uber stud, big money comes in monthly for years .
Right now the groupies can’t mate with the football, basketball and baseball players due to the Covid restrictions, so obviously the next in line stud is the Uber driver😆
They all know Uber drivers weekly income 😛

wallae

Don’t do it, these hot and good looking girls want your baby and the alimony the play.😛
Once they mate with the Uber stud, big money comes in monthly for years .
Right now the groupies can’t mate with the football, basketball and baseball players due to the Covid restrictions, so obviously the next in line stud is the Uber driver😆
They all know Uber drivers weekly income 😛
Yep.. spit out a few kids and she’s looking at 150 a month

Another Uber Driver

How can I make good judgements in the future? How do I ensure that if I take the offer I won't get in trouble with Uber? Any advice?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^You have answered your own question.\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
I have turned down every time

You have all that you can do to make a profit out there. There is no need to take on additional tasks. When the COVID-19 restrictions are lifted, if you are trying to meet a woman, what you do is go home; take a bath (use soap); put on the B.O. stick (after shave optional); put on a shirt and a tie; go out to club: bring cash and credit cards..

^^^^^^^^^^^^^Read and Pay Heed.^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I have been a company official who has had to call in more than one driver over complaints like this. I have seen one or two drivers criminally prosecuted, found guilty and punished. If de-activation is the only consequence, you will consider yourself fortunate.

wallae

I think the same girl hit on me too

Attachments

• A2DE2B16-BF61-4E28-AAF0-390791DC56BC.jpeg
    A2DE2B16-BF61-4E28-AAF0-390791DC56BC.jpeg
    77.9 KB · Views: 11

Car Sick

Newsflash, she says that to all the drivers...it's an odd ego boost people get in a power play sort of way.

UbaBrah

If the previous thread on looking for love through Uber is anything to go by, bragging about your AR is the way to go. And don't forget Lysol, hand sanitizer and condoms. You don't know where she's been.

kingcorey321

If a girl asks you then its ok for you to go with her.
But my advice is. Pass on the losers that do not have a car . These drunks dui people . druggies
Wait until you find a better one. I have invites to go on a lake on a boat before i accepted .
I had invites to concerts Foot ball games . They were not losers