• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Advice how to stay up?

JWBLCK

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lolll, gotta black the window first.
But seriously, any pill out there? I tried the 5hr energy already, nothing......

merryon2nd

Caffeine pills work. Like Vividin. Or Excedrin (the blood thinner also included actually assists in long shifts to keep blood clots from forming). Also, don't take either on an empty stomach, as it could cause discomfort. And Kickstarts in between. I've gone 36 hours straight on Caffeine pills and kickstarts. lmao

JoeyA

Caffeine pills work. Like Vividin. Or Excedrin (the blood thinner also included actually assists in long shifts to keep blood clots from forming). Also, don't take either on an empty stomach, as it could cause discomfort. And Kickstarts in between. I've gone 36 hours straight on Caffeine pills and kickstarts. lmao
I hope it wasn't for Uber. If it was, there's other names besides crazy that I'd label you with. Ha!

SuzeCB

On a busy night, I actually enjoy myself. This ends up translating into not feeling tired at all, or not recognizing that I'm getting tired, until I can barely keep my eyes open at all. At that point I stop, get a refill on my tea, get something to eat, get back in the car, down a 5-hour Energy, and get my ass home.

JoeyA

On a busy night, I actually enjoy myself. This ends up translating into not feeling tired at all, or not recognizing that I'm getting tired, until I can barely keep my eyes open at all. At that point I stop, get a refill on my tea, get something to eat, get back in the car, down a 5-hour Energy, and get my ass home.
I never did a 5-hour energy. Would you guys recommend it for the late hours? I get tired about 1am, but go until about 2:30-3:00am. It's sometimes a struggle. I won't lie.

Douglas

Please don't risk it, those pills and 5-hour energy...you still have a reduced reaction time. You may get away for a while but eventually you will end up hurting or killing someone.

If you are tired, don't drive! FYI, there are liability issues with this as well. If you get into an accident and even if it's not your fault, they prove that you haven't slept, you could end up in jail, lose your house and any financial possessions...

merryon2nd

Meh.. I take my caffeine pills in the morning to help me out of bed. I'm naturally a night person. Once I start to tank, it's time to go home. I like the Excedrin and Vividen because they don't make me crash, and I can still tell when I'm starting to get to the point where it's time to rack out for the night. I love my car too much to risk hurting her because I was stupid. She's been too kind to me. So I spent a bunch of money to toughen her up against the strain of the job. Lmao