1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Advice for new car dealership interaction

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by htboston, Nov 13, 2017.

1. htboston

htboston Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I usually buy used cars from private parties. But I am going to my first dealership for a new car in a few days, any advice?

When I buy used, I usually show up with no notice so I can check out the used car when it is still cold instead of letting the owner warm it up. Since I am buying new, should I schedule an appointment to not piss them off or go the same route as if I was buying a used car to test it for any defect?

Any other advice would be great!

2. R4SC4L

R4SC4L New Member

Don't buy new. Such a waste of money. Cars are a depreciating asset, flat out. You immediately start losing money from it.

Get a late year model that's just come off lease. Though it may have 20-30K miles, It'll be well maintained mechanically.

3. Mears Troll Number 4

Mears Troll Number 4 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    Using a new car for uber is a very very very bad idea

4. htboston

Driving:
    UberX
    I know. I got that from many people. I actually reduced driving for Uber because my other job now. I'm thinking about only doing maybe 3 rides per day or 10-15 rides per week to pay for the car insurance, gas, and car payments. This is more of a personal car than rideshare car. My other job is to pay for all the other life crap.

In addition, I never owned a new car before. All my cars ever have been used. I just want a new car for myself.

5. backcountryrez

backcountryrez Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    If everyone heeded everyone else's advice to only buy used cars, no one would buy a new car in order for the secondhand market to benefit from this. Congrats on making the jump to buying a new car. For some, the premium cost of knowing that no one has driven the car before you is worth it.

Buying a new car, unless you prefer to deal with a particular salesperson, I would say you should just walk in, unless it's a volume dealership, then it likely would benefit you to make an appointment so you don't spend idle time waiting then have second thoughts on buying new.

6. HighRollinG

HighRollinG Active Member

Ah that new car plus vomit smell.

Dealer financing is way to go. Wait till they draw the four boxes and use your superior uber math.

backcountryrez likes this.
  7. htboston

Driving:
    UberX
    When you typed that out, did you read the whole thread beforehand or decided to just blindly and un-cleverly write a cliche?

8. azndriver87

azndriver87 Well-Known Member

buy CPO, you have longer warranty, and you save like 20% right off the spot.

9. What's that?

10. Chefbumbum

Chefbumbum New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Certified Pre Owned, its an used car with some warranty...

11. Thanks.

Chefbumbum likes this.