• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Advice for a newbie pls

S.331

Good afternoon all

I hope you guys can help with a little advice, I'm in the process of getting my private hire license and will be signing up as a driver for uber in birmingham. I Do have a main job, and would like for the salary I receive from uber to be my second income and savings for my little one.

I will be looking to work around 15 hours Monday-Thursday and 20 hours between Friday-Saturday.

Assuming my fuel costs are 300-400 per month, insurance £260 per month. I would like to earn a minimum of £700 per month after taking out the expenses mentioned above, how realistic is this?.

Your feedback/experiences will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
S

S.331

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lol thank you very much for taking out your time to notify me of that Paul. I appreciate that this is the london forum, I have intentionally posted in this forum, purely due to the fact that it is A. The most active forum.
B. I actually have read a few threads on here and quite enjoy the read.
C. Have found many members on this forum are quite helpful and have previously shared insights into their day job which have been useful.

For those who I've offended by posting in here, you have my sincere apologies, for those who I've not offended, your feedback will be most welcome.

Last edited:

Fazi

Lol thank you very much for taking out your time to notify me of that Paul. I appreciate that this is the london forum, I have intentionally posted in this forum, purely due to the fact that it is A. The most active forum.
C. Have found many members on this forum are quite helpful and have previously shared insights into their day job which have been useful.

For those who I've offended by posting in here, you have my sincere apologies, for those who I've not offended, your feedback will be most welcome.
Good afternoon all

I hope you guys can help with a little advice, I'm in the process of getting my private hire license and will be signing up as a driver for uber in birmingham. I Do have a main job, and would like for the salary I receive from uber to be my second income and savings for my little one.

I will be looking to work around 15 hours Monday-Thursday and 20 hours between Friday-Saturday.

Assuming my fuel costs are 300-400 per month, insurance £260 per month. I would like to earn a minimum of £700 per month after taking out the expenses mentioned above, how realistic is this?.

Regards
S
The hours u r going to work for Uber that’s only gonna gonna Uber commission and car expenses fuel insurance Etc

defector

How many hours in your main job?
I assume 40 hours, and then you want to do another 35 hours driving:eek::eek:

S.331

How many hours in your main job?
I assume 40 hours, and then you want to do another 35 hours driving:eek::eek:
35 hours a week doing my main job, however I don't really have to do much during those hours, the additional hours with uber are a necessity for me at the moment, need an additional £700 per month.

charlton paul

35 hours a week doing my main job, however I don't really have to do much during those hours, the additional hours with uber are a necessity for me at the moment, need an additional £700 per month.
The costs you listed are not your only costs - you know that ? Depreciation...etc. Costs you state were only costs, easily doable - in London

I am not sure

Yes mate
Good afternoon all

Regards
S
yes mate if you intend to work about 35 to 40 hours a week you should be making more than 700 a month maybe 1800 depending on the requests over there take care

Yas in

It all depends on how old you are? As private hire insurance is too much, especially in Brom as it's high risk.

If your below 25 am guessing your insurance will be between 3-4k per year?

S.331

It all depends on how old you are? As private hire insurance is too much, especially in Brom as it's high risk.

If your below 25 am guessing your insurance will be between 3-4k per year?
I'm 27 years old and have been quoted 260 per month for my private hire insurance, which seems relatively reasonable in comparison to those who are paying an extortionate amount of 4k+.

Harold Shand

Don't take Paul's comment seriously. He supports Charlton and is often drunk.

Jason01

Good afternoon all

Regards
S
What time will you start and finish Mon to Thursday?.

Birmingham is a big place are you near to any Universities?, the centre or in the subarbs?.

Where do you think your customer base is, I'd check all these things out personally.

Are you renting buying or have your own car.

I'm not pressing you but these are the things which are useful to know before an accurate opinion can be given.

S.331

What time will you start and finish Mon to Thursday?.

Birmingham is a big place are you near to any Universities?, the centre or in the subarbs?.

Where do you think your customer base is, I'd check all these things out personally.

Are you renting buying or have your own car.

I'm not pressing you but these are the things which are useful to know before an accurate opinion can be given.
I'm smack in the middle of the city centre, looking to work between 5-10pm Monday-Thursday. 3 miles in each direction from where I am, have 3 universities, the city centre, train station, bars clubs etc. I own my car so no need to rent one.

S

Jason01

I'm smack in the middle of the city centre, looking to work between 5-10pm Monday-Thursday. 3 miles in each direction from where I am, have 3 universities, the city centre, train station, bars clubs etc. I own my car so no need to rent one.

S
So thats all good.

Whats the minimum and mileage rates in the Birmingham area, I remember watching Micky Flanagan and taking an Uber a few years back and remember it being super cheap.

Is this still correct?

Attachments

Last edited:

S.331

Don't quote me on this, found it online, I'm assuming it will be around the figures mentioned below :
  • Base Fare: £1.40
  • Per Minute: £0.10
  • Per Mile: £1.10
  • Cancellation Fee: £4.25
  • Service Fees: £0
  • Minimum Fare: £4.25