• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Admit it...you're addicted.

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
Hey you. Yeah, you. The internet tough guy/girl hammering away on his/her keyboard behind anonymity. Yeah, I'm talking to you.

It's time to come to grips with the fact that you're addicted. You can pretend you aren't, but you are.

You complain about evil corporations, and all their greed, and rate cut after rate cut, and self-driving cars taking your job,...

...but still you drive.

You can't stand paxholes, you're tired of cleaning up vomit, you don't want to be party to another drug deal, you've done enough community service to make a Boy Scout blush, and you've had enough of other people making out in your back seat,...

...but still you drive.

Your car is on its last legs. The suspension is shot. The interior is scraped up and/or torn. The brakes shudder. Your MPG has been dropping steadily like Uber's stock price.

...but still you drive.

You don't have a pot to piss in. You sleep in your car more often than you'd like to admit. You're cashing out daily so you can eat. Your SO left you because you were never around to go on dates.

...but still you drive.

You say you don't like the forums anymore. Too many ______s. You don't get along with so and so. The mods are either too draconian or asleep (take your pick),

...but still you post here.

Is it the video game like aspect of the app? The roar of the engine? The attractive college age plus riders? The aroma of perfume and alcohol? The intrigue and allure of conversing with international folks? The early mornings / late nights when it's just you and the streets, and you're at peace with it?

Face it, tough guy/girl. You're addicted. You drive, despite conventional wisdom, because that's who you are. You're an Uber driver...and deep down inside you're damn proud of it.

And we're here for you.

BigRedDriver

I thought I was. Took a position with a company and hadn’t driven in three months.

This weekend the guy that borrows my car on weekends to make some extra $$$ decided not to, so with a game in town, and the prospect of surge, I went out and drove 3 hours.

I didn’t enjoy it. Made some nice money, but just couldn’t get into it like I did before.

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Speak for yourself..
Are you saying you're not addicted, Mr 1000 posts per month? Admit it!
Post automatically merged:

I thought I was. Took a position with a company and hadn’t driven in three months.

This weekend the guy that borrows my car on weekends to make some extra $$$ decided not to, so with a game in town, and the prospect of surge, I went out and drove 3 hours.

I didn’t enjoy it. Made some nice money, but just couldn’t get into it like I did before.
I have a great day job where I make decent money...and I still can't get enough of driving! I'm addicted...I admit it!!!

Cdub2k

You can't stand paxholes, you're tired of cleaning up vomit, you don't want to be party to another drug deal, you've done enough community service to make a Boy Scout blush, and you've had enough of other people making out in your back seat,...

...but still you drive.

Is it the video game like aspect of the app? The roar of the engine? The attractive college age plus riders? The aroma of perfume and alcohol? The intrigue and allure of conversing with international folks? The early mornings / late nights when it's just you and the streets, and you're at peace with it?

Face it, tough guy/girl. You're addicted. You drive, despite conventional wisdom, because that's who you are. You're an Uber driver...and deep down inside you're damn proud of it.

And we're here for you.

This post sounds like one of those old school infomercials where they exaggerate your situation to call you and then they offer you their product to quench that "need" to fix your situation. The phrase "And we're here for you" is supposed to be your queue to sell us something.

The only difference is you didn't offer us anything. I still feel incomplete.

dmoney155

Hey you. Yeah, you. The internet tough guy/girl hammering away on his/her keyboard behind anonymity. Yeah, I'm talking to you.

It's time to come to grips with the fact that you're addicted. You can pretend you aren't, but you are.

You complain about evil corporations, and all their greed, and rate cut after rate cut, and self-driving cars taking your job,...

...but still you drive.

...but still you drive.

Your car is on its last legs. The suspension is shot. The interior is scraped up and/or torn. The brakes shudder. Your MPG has been dropping steadily like Uber's stock price.

...but still you drive.

You don't have a pot to piss in. You sleep in your car more often than you'd like to admit. You're cashing out daily so you can eat. Your SO left you because you were never around to go on dates.

...but still you drive.

You say you don't like the forums anymore. Too many ______s. You don't get along with so and so. The mods are either too draconian or asleep (take your pick),

And we're here for you.
My name is @dmoney155 and I have a problem..... (this is ride share drivers anonymous, right?)

ZenUber

Lol
I have admited it.
I completely own it.
Have you read my post?: “Hello - My name is George, and I'm an Uber addict.”
But I’ve seen additions come and go in my life.

Now, I view it as another episode in my life, one that just hasn’t ended yet. Every day I dive in and swim around in it. I live it as fully as I can, for better or worse. Because one day, it’ll all be over.

25rides7daysaweek

...but still you drive.

...but still you drive.

...but still you drive.

...but still you drive.

And we're here for you.
I love this job, I'm a guy and
I play with a toy all day.
Pickup new people and never
know what's coming up next
So it stays new every time
I'm glad to be doing it and
glad to be here too 😀😁😀😁😀😁

Seamus

In my first 3-6 months doing RS I was addicted. It was fun and I was making pretty good money for a side gig. After a couple years it didn’t feel so fun anymore. After the surges minimized it wasn’t much money anymore. Since the surge multiplier left and the flat surge took over I haven’t given 1 single ride to a pax (1 month ago in my market). Not addicted at all and don’t enjoy taking pax for base rates. Transitioned to food delivery where I can make the same money driving a pizza rather than a human at base rates.

UP I still enjoy but wouldn’t call it an addiction, that’s a little too strong.