• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Addiction !@$&!

TwoFiddyMile

I'm an addict. As a teen I was addicted to drugs. At a lesser level, alcohol as well.
I finished getting clean and sober by 19 years of age.
Drugs weren't the end of my addictions tho. Food was next. Sex and women. Or women and sex, if you prefer.
Work. Still not over that one. Money.
I'm kicking a behavior as I type this.
Maybe. Hopefully? Lol.

Let's talk about addiction.
What's your Jones? Are you sober?
Active? Are you a fully functional Normie?
Discuss;

MHR

Clean and sober.

My story is very personal and unfortunately I don't feel comfortable sharing it with normies and the internet in general.

However, if anyone ever needs to talk to someone in private I'm always available.

peteyvavs

I'm an addict. As a teen I was addicted to drugs. At a lesser level, alcohol as well.
Drugs weren't the end of my addictions tho. Food was next. Sex and women. Or women and sex, if you prefer.
Maybe. Hopefully? Lol.

Discuss;
Negative addictions can be replaced with positive addictions. Find something that you want to learn and get addicted to that, some people found writing works, others found music, math or art. Just find something that you want to be the best at and make it your new addiction.
I’m addicted to nicotine, the way that I found to curtail this addiction is working with ceramics, my hands are constantly busy and my focus is 100 % on whatever I’m creating, quitting any bad habit is hard as you are well aware, replacing it with another bad habit won’t work in your best interest for long, you’ll just find another bad habit to replace the last. Change the way you think and find a positive addiction and be the best at that.

MHR

I got clean so young people refer to me as a "high bottom addict".
No prisons, no institutions, no needles.
Didn't feel high bottom tho.
I was too but as you said it sure didn't feel that way.

@mch @peteyvavs when I sobered up for good I took up knitting. As most addicts are overachievers and perfectionists it shouldn't surprise y'all that I won 4 blue ribbons in knitting the first year I sobered up. :roflmao:

TwoFiddyMile

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Went to a meeting yesterday. It helped clear my thinking.
It's not easy to get to meetings. Drive 10+ hours per day, then take care of my kids til bed time.
Weekends are driving/family time.
Gigs twice a month.
Sleep a little tiny bit.

It's a hard life at the moment.

Dekero

Was addicted to Opiates for years thanks to a spinal cord surgery and a surgeon who threw medication at me at a time before I knew to question what meds a doc gives you... Been clean for 5+ years and am quite glad to be... Addiction in any form sucks and it only makes it worse when people make general statements like "Just stop" if you don't know then don't speak cuz you just don't get it.... Anyway glad to be past it... But I'll always be an addict. Just one on the road to recovery.

peteyvavs

Went to a meeting yesterday. It helped clear my thinking.
It's not easy to get to meetings. Drive 10+ hours per day, then take care of my kids til bed time.
Weekends are driving/family time.
Gigs twice a month.
Sleep a little tiny bit.

It's a hard life at the moment.
Stick with the meetings, you’ll appreciate it and so will the kids. It’s a tough road, but the alternative is far worse.
Post automatically merged:

sugar.

i went cold turkey once and literally got the chills.

I stop eating ice cream for breakfast and I don’t consume the 2/$3 harbio walgreens specials anymore...

but I still eat a fairly good amount of pastries, ice cream, chocolate, etc.
Sugar is a nasty addiction, it’s a sneaky addiction, it is far worse then some other addictions, ask any diabetic.

tohunt4me

Maybe. Hopefully? Lol.

Discuss;
I
Am now HOOKED

ON THE INTERNETS !!!#!

sellkatsell44

Sugar is a nasty addiction, it’s a sneaky addiction, it is
I know ?? it’s the route I’m trying to avoid... losing the toes, etc.

already had 8 crowns so

and a bunch of other stuff that made my dentist say he’s never seen anyone so young with so much issues and, surprisingly I still *knockonwood* have relatively straight nice teeth... just a jaw issue that most wont notice..

But I really have cut back from sugar. I just need to be more consistent and also remember carbs/starch isn’t good either :/

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
Well, my grandmother on my mom's side is Apache. Don't know if its related but alcoholism and addiction runs strong on her side of the family. While my mother never had any substance abuse issues, she does have a touch of OCD. Because I have heard that addiction is to some degree an inherited gene, I have always obtained from alcohol and drugs. I staunchly refuse opiates when the doctors try to push them at me. I am also lucky to have a high tolerance to pain so I can do so. It has always been my terror of ending up like my horribly addicted uncles and cousins that kept me straight.

Just last year I tried marijuana (edible form only) for the first time in my life at the age of 35. Meh...Its OK. But I'm a highly active person and this stuff interferes with shit I need to get done in life. I have a bag of Indica. 10 pieces. I've had it for 2 months and I'm down to 3 pieces left. That's hardly an addiction, so since I don't have any addiction stories to contribute to this thread, I won't make light of it with comments about silly obsessions of hobbies and such. I will leave it all to you guys who are fighting the real fight and to those who have conquered it, please be that beacon of hope for those still struggling.

I will just say I respect all of you for how far you've all come, and......

Stay Strong.

peteyvavs

Well, my grandmother on my mom's side is Apache. Don't know if its related but alcoholism and addiction runs strong on her side of the family. While my mother never had any substance abuse issues, she does have a touch of OCD. Because I have heard that addiction is to some degree an inherited gene, I have always obtained from alcohol and drugs. I staunchly refuse opiates when the doctors try to push them at me. I am also lucky to have a high tolerance to pain so I can do so. It has always been my terror of ending up like my horribly addicted uncles and cousins that kept me straight.

Just last year I tried marijuana (edible form only) for the first time in my life at the age of 35. Meh...Its OK. But I'm a highly active person and this stuff interferes with shit I need to get done in life. I have a bag of Indica. 10 pieces. I've had it for 2 months and I'm down to 3 pieces left. That's hardly an addiction, so since I don't have any addiction stories to contribute to this thread, I won't make light of it with comments about silly obsessions of hobbies and such. I will leave it all to you guys who are fighting the real fight and to those who have conquered it, please be that beacon of hope for those still struggling.

I will just say I respect all of you for how far you've all come, and......

Stay Strong.
I would suggest that anyone with an addiction that is debilitating to post a picture of the horrors they will encounter on their bedroom mirror and look at it every morning. For me it’s black lung, this pic scares the shit out of me.

tohunt4me

I know ?? it’s the route I’m trying to avoid... losing the toes, etc.

already had 8 crowns so

and a bunch of other stuff that made my dentist say he’s never seen anyone so young with so much issues and, surprisingly I still *knockonwood* have relatively straight nice teeth... just a jaw issue that most wont notice..

But I really have cut back from sugar. I just need to be more consistent and also remember carbs/starch isn’t good either :/
Dont lose the Toes !