1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Actually locked out?

Discussion in 'Los Angeles & Orange County' started by ScUberdoo, Sep 13, 2015.

1. ScUberdoo

ScUberdoo

Driving:
    UberX
    I'm theorizing my account may have actually been deactivated. When I open it, it shows the main menu (GO ONLINE), then it disappears. Powered down my phone and restarted a few times, still not working.

I've been driving a year and a couple months, so naturally I accept and cancel until it surges adequately. As posted on this forum a lot, I've also been getting the texts and emails about this topic. But I've yet to see it posted that Uber has followed through, since it's the only strategy that makes any sense for drivers.

Anyone else having this happen? Certainly I can't be the only one.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy

Nope ... probably the Uber programmers in some 3rd world country lost their power as they were uploading useless changes to the partner app ... as such, everyone's app crashed (or soon will crash). Doesn't help to uninstall / reinstall ... or even reboot the iPhone ... we're stuck until they jump on their bike to generate enough power to finish uploading the file.

groovyguru and ScUberdoo like this.
  3. Lyft.

4. Not Me

Not Me

Driving:
    UberPLUS
    Delete the app. Reset your phone, hard re-start. Download the app and try again.

ScUberdoo likes this.
  5. mara

mara

Driving:
    UberX
    What's the link to redownload?

6. Bigpop

Bigpop

Thanks Not Me, I was off line for 24 hrs until your post.

7. UberXTampa

UberXTampa

Driving:
    UberX
    My app works.
    Give me your user id and password and I can verify real quick :)

RogerJS and chi1cabby like this.
  8. ScUberdoo

ScUberdoo

Driving:
    UberX
    Good call. Thanks

9. SCdave

SCdave

Driving:
    UberX
    Also, if you are in the habit of basically always having your phone on continuously just Power Off/On (Reset) more often when you aren't busy or at home.