1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Actual Uber Black requirements as of today in Denver?

Discussion in 'Denver' started by PlatinumRSS, Sep 7, 2017.

1. PlatinumRSS

PlatinumRSS

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Who knows all the exact requirements in Denver for Uber Black/SUV as of right now? I hear conflicting things. I know I should just go to the office and find out but meanwhile im asking around.

2. Daisey77

Daisey77

Driving:
    UberSELECT
  3. j1999t

j1999t

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Hey platinum, I can elaborate on the UBER black requirements.

First off you need a vehicle that is qualified for UBER black/suv, from UBER’s list https://www.uber.com/drive/denver/vehicle-requirements/.

Second off, you need Colorado PUC authority to operate as a limited regulation carrier/luxury limosine service. You will need airport authority to drop off and pick up passengers with the commercial level only, which costs $550 per vehicle, plus access fees every time you go to the airport. You will also need commercial insurance with at least 1 million in liability. You also need to create an LLC to work under as a business, Colorado Livery plates, and fingerprinting with the state. Usually takes 2-3 months to get everything set up.

4. Uberin

Uberin

Is uber black busy? I don't qualify anyways, but I always wondered if it was a popular service.

5. Archie Nelson

Archie Nelson

Those guys are making a killing The Livery service is the one making the money as well. That is a good gig. I definitely bet it's worth the investment

6. j1999t

j1999t

Driving:
    UberSUV
    It can be, but if you aren’t doing it full time and promoting the actual transportation business outside of UBER then it would not be successful. Eventually there will be too many UBER drivers altogether and it will slow down for everyone. I’ve already seen it happen since January 2016.

UBER is not going to be a job for people in 3-5 years at the rate people are signing up to drive.

Duber12 and Maudee like this.
  7. PlatinumRSS

PlatinumRSS

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I heard that you can get away with having ONLY commercial insurance and be on Uber Black but you cant do Uber black airport type stuff? Is that correct?

8. j1999t

j1999t

Driving:
    UberSUV
    The investment will be something around 50k to start, plus all marketing and daily/weekly/monthly expenses.
    Negative. To get UBER black to approve your company, you have to first create the LLC, and then register that with the state, then get PUC authority, as that is approved by UBER, PUC authority requires livery plates, and PUC/livery requires commercial insurance. Average 5k/year for commercial insurance per vehicle. And you will get ticketed/fined with livery plates on level 6 or level 4 without prior airport permission.

mariasuber likes this.
  9. PlatinumRSS

PlatinumRSS

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    How long ago did you get started on Uber Black when you did all this stuff? I already have an eligible SUV too

10. j1999t

j1999t

Driving:
    UberSUV
    What do you mean? Are you wondering if the state and Uber requirements changed? For UberBlack, because it is regulated by the state, they rarely change anything. Uber won't take away the commercial insurance and state regulation requirements.

11. UberDez

UberDez

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    He was asking when you started doing Uber Black
    A lot of people drive eligible cars but don't do the extra steps and costs to do Black. My car qualifies for Blacksuv but I don't have the necessary insurance or licensing

12. j1999t

j1999t

Driving:
    UberSUV
    I started it August 2016, but everything had been set up for me, as I drive for a fleet owner. 90% of my job is transporting our company clients, and uber is just a fill in for the slower friday/saturday nights. I doubt if i could make any kind of living doing uberblack full time, unless i drove every evening. Problem is the amount of black drivers have increased quite a bit in the last year, making business slower and having to work longer hours when Ubering to make my goals.

13. UberDez

UberDez

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    This is why I haven't made the jump to black with two eligible cars in my Turo fleet. I use Hovit to book private clients and have a commercial policy but not a livery policy. I'm probably rolling the dice with Hovit but I average less than 1 a month and it's only with regulars

14. PlatinumRSS

PlatinumRSS

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    When your Uber Black you can legally accept street hails as well too right?

15. j1999t

j1999t

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Negative. The only services that can accept street hails are Taxis. We are regulated by the state and every trip we do has to be pre-arranged. Street hails will get you fined, and get your permit to operate revoked by the state.

Duber12 likes this.
  16. PlatinumRSS

PlatinumRSS

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Hey I just saw an SUV on UberBlack without livery plates or an LL sticker anywhere....

17. Daisey77

Daisey77

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    How do you know they were operating on the Uber black platform?

18. PlatinumRSS

PlatinumRSS

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I checked with the rider app. I double checked and it was definitely them.

Daisey77 likes this.
  19. Daisey77

Daisey77

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Interesting. You should have ordered him lol I wonder if he has the same make and model registered to Black but he's not using it for some reason. Did you check the SUV platform?

20. PlatinumRSS

PlatinumRSS

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    He was on Black and SUV as well as Lux and LUX SUV