Accused of Rasicm!

Hello- My lyft account was suspended due to a passenger accusing me of making a comment about their race. I responded, of course denying any conversation about race has ever taken place with any passenger at any time. They elected to reactivate me but reminded me that additional accusations could get me permanently suspended. Was the pax trying to get a free ride? I never even talk to pax in the first place and still have a 5 star rating. So looks like its dash cam time. The whole instance is puzzling, why would someone lie about me making a racist comment when racism is supposedly interwoven into every aspect of society? Surely they could have saved their accusation for a real instance that was undoubtedly about to occur amirite?

waldowainthrop

The whole instance is puzzling, why would someone lie about me making a racist comment when racism is supposedly interwoven into every aspect of society?

Why intellectualize it? The accusation could have been about anything. They chose one that was harder than most to substantiate but still hard to deny. If they had said you ran over a curb and hit a lamppost, that would be easy to substantiate (if true) and easy to deny (if false).

It’s not political. It’s opportunistic.

Why intellectualize it? The accusation could have been about anything. They chose one that was harder than most to substantiate but still hard to deny. If they had said you ran over a curb and hit a lamppost, that would be easy to substantiate (if true) and easy to deny (if false).

It’s not political. It’s opportunistic.
well said! I believe they wanted free things. No matter the consequences for the tax paying member of society they were screwing over.

Seamus

Hello- My lyft account was suspended due to a passenger accusing me of making a comment about their race. I responded, of course denying any conversation about race has ever taken place with any passenger at any time. They elected to reactivate me but reminded me that additional accusations could get me permanently suspended. Was the pax trying to get a free ride? I never even talk to pax in the first place and still have a 5 star rating. So looks like its dash cam time. The whole instance is puzzling, why would someone lie about me making a racist comment when racism is supposedly interwoven into every aspect of society? Surely they could have saved their accusation for a real instance that was undoubtedly about to occur amirite?
False accusations for free rides. It will happen again so get a dash cam and mount it where it's very visible so pax knows you are recording. Not going to fix everything but may help dissuade a few.

waldowainthrop

It's just the weaponized social issue du jour, waldo himself was on the brink of accusing me of it when I mentioned my crab rangoons gave me indigestion the other night. Enough already.

das-racist-sit-down-man-cover.jpg

Sit down, man! 🪑

Volvonaut

2020, guilty before proven innocent. Surprised they didn’t slap OP with 50 hours of sensitivity training to help them navigate the choppy waters of this culture of offense where you can’t even be a comedian attending a college campus. Be more careful next time existing.

New Uber

So. Something kinda similar happened to me.

I had a British passenger. They asked me what California is like. Among the things I said I also mentioned there is a higher influence of Country X. But that was of course due to California's close proximity to Country X.

I at no time was I being racist. Depending of where you are in the USA, there will be a higher influence of Country X, Y or Z. I was stating the facts as there are. Just as grass is green.

Maybe it is different in England. I do not know. I have never been there.

I got a scolding e-mail from Uber saying that my comments about race were inappropriate.

I wasn't expecting to get an e-mail. SMH. But after that nothing.