Account waitlisted

xjguarx

After more than 2 years doing Uber, now I am inactive due to my account being "waitlisted " I read online many reasons why your account could be put on "waitlisted status"

I tried to go online and the "annual background check screen came on and a chance to input my social " after that I received an email that my report was being conducted; few minutes later... the report... it showed 2 moving violations back in 2015 and an accident which was not my fault (it was a rear bumper) but in the report (when you consent there's a box you checked to receive a copy of the report) it simply shows "accident" I called the Bangalore mafia and they told me that it takes 2-7 days for the report to "clear up" and for them to take a decision. According to what I read online, you shouldn't have moving violations in the last 3 years, so I guess I'll be kick out of the platform.

Post data: I also read that your account could be waitlisted because of a customer's report! My last customer was an African American man who hated Trump, and I simply told him that I was an independent and that it would nice if someday there was a candidate who was not too lefty or too right...just someone neutral and smart :biggrin:

I don't know! I mean, I was doing Uber as a part time and at the end of the month, of course I will miss the extra cash...but I am not too worried about it! In the worst case scenario I have considered being a beggar in DC, I think they make more than Uber drivers nowadays

New2This

After more than 2 years doing Uber, now I am inactive due to my account being "waitlisted " I read online many reasons why your account could be put on "waitlisted status"

I tried to go online and the "annual background check screen came on and a chance to input my social " after that I received an email that my report was being conducted; few minutes later... the report... it showed 2 moving violations back in 2015 and an accident which was not my fault (it was a rear bumper) but in the report (when you consent there's a box you checked to receive a copy of the report) it simply shows "accident" I called the Bangalore mafia and they told me that it takes 2-7 days for the report to "clear up" and for them to take a decision. According to what I read online, you shouldn't have moving violations in the last 3 years, so I guess I'll be kick out of the platform.

Post data: I also read that your account could be waitlisted because of a customer's report! My last customer was an African American man who hated Trump, and I simply told him that I was an independent and that it would nice if someday there was a candidate who was not too lefty or too right...just someone neutral and smart :biggrin:

I don't know! I mean, I was doing Uber as a part time and at the end of the month, of course I will miss the extra cash...but I am not too worried about it! In the worst case scenario I have considered being a beggar in DC, I think they make more than Uber drivers nowadays

There are always options...

bundy1.0.jpg

xjguarx

Yeah, that's why I said I have many options! I'm just going to wait for the report to clear up and then I'll make my move.

I know I have 2 moving violations, but I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one with that record... it's so easy to get a ticket and specially in Virginia :confused:

Uberfunitis

Got waitlisted as well on Wednesday for the annual background check. It seems that they do not provide checkr your current Drivers License but the one that you joined with when you first started (had an out of state license than). No surprise checkr came back with my license is expired even though uber is showing a valid unexpired verified license on my profile. Go figure they said it should be cleared up in a few days, i guess i have some vacation time coming just wish I could have known ahead of time so I could have made good use of the time.

xjguarx

Got waitlisted as well on Wednesday for the annual background check. It seems that they do not provide checkr your current Drivers License but the one that you joined with when you first started (had an out of state license than). No surprise checkr came back with my license is expired even though uber is showing a valid unexpired verified license on my profile. Go figure they said it should be cleared up in a few days, i guess i have some vacation time coming just wish I could have known ahead of time so I could have made good use of the time.

That's exactly what happened to me and it was exactly on Wednesday as well. When I joined Uber I was with a Virginia's driver license but it has been a year since I not longer live in VA. I was wondering if I should go to the hub or do you think that's not necessary? Did you go there or just called support?

Uberfunitis

That's exactly what happened to me and it was exactly on Wednesday as well. When I joined Uber I was with a Virginia's driver license but it has been a year since I not longer live in VA. I was wondering if I should go to the hub or do you think that's not necessary? Did you go there or just called support?
I found the people that you call not helpful at all, the people at the hub slightly more helpful but still a waste of time going, as they seem to not be able to actually do anything other than let it run its course. The only thing that I was able to do is contact checkr directly and get them to update my DL that they were using. It seems that if that DL check fails that everything stops and they return that finding and do no more. Now that they have the updated DL they are continuing to process the check I just have to wait for that to be completed Uber at the office says that they can do nothing until checkr finishes their deal it seems like once that initial check fails they treat it like a new driver and want to see the entire check completed before reactivating.

xjguarx

I found the people that you call not helpful at all, the people at the hub slightly more helpful but still a waste of time going, as they seem to not be able to actually do anything other than let it run its course. The only thing that I was able to do is contact checkr directly and get them to update my DL that they were using. It seems that if that DL check fails that everything stops and they return that finding and do no more. Now that they have the updated DL they are continuing to process the check I just have to wait for that to be completed Uber at the office says that they can do nothing until checkr finishes their deal it seems like once that initial check fails they treat it like a new driver and want to see the entire check completed before reactivating.

Thanks

Uberdoggy

Sounds like they might be a good company! How does the overall experience compare to Uber?
They are great! I can make $150- 200 a day working rush morning and evening, plus working post rush until they close at 9 pm. The people are eaay to drive ans the corner pick ups and drop offs make it much easier to locate your pax.

If you or anyone wants more info just message me. I have a $1000 guarantee for new drivers to sign up.

DCNewbie17

Do cameras count towards violation? You dont get any points for those and I believe they're civil

They don't fortunately, because someone else could have driven your car. Years ago, my sister and I racked up several camera tickets on my car at one time when they were going up everywhere in DC. I also have one from earlier this year (unpaid) yet no points currently.

Ffxdrvr

Exactly what happened to me. I waited a couple of weeks for Uber support to do something and nothing happened. I called Checkr and they updated my records, then I went to the hub and they straightened it out so that I was back on the road in two days.
Lyft, incidentally, fixed the problem in a couple of hours after an email.

PDT

They are great! I can make $150- 200 a day working rush morning and evening, plus working post rush until they close at 9 pm. The people are eaay to drive ans the corner pick ups and drop offs make it much easier to locate your pax.

If you or anyone wants more info just message me. I have a $1000 guarantee for new drivers to sign up.
What do you have to do for the $1000.00?

PoolBoy

That's what happens when you don't stay on top things that affect your income. You should have been proactive, otherwise, this situation would not have occurred.

Uberfunitis

That's what happens when you don't stay on top things that affect your income. You should have been proactive, otherwise, this situation would not have occurred.
And exactly how could I have been proactive on that? My DL was up to date, valid, and even verified within my account. Uber decided to pass on old information for the recheck, all I can do is ensure that Uber has up to date and accurate information there is nothing that I can do to ensure that they use that current data vs some old stuff they have somewhere on their backend.