• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Account Suspended - "Denial of Service" - Service Animal

MacPhatDaddy

So Saturday morning (5/4/2019) I get a message on my app that says my account is temporarily on hold, a rider filed a complaint that I had denied them service based on a "federally protected trait" - I called support, and was told that the rider said that they had a service animal, and that I refused them due to the animal.

This is bogus - I've been driving almost 1 year, and I haven't had a single ride in which a rider had an animal. A higher-level support person called a little later, and asked about any recent cancellations I'd made. I had made one recently, a no-show outside The Banks at 1:30 in the morning.

The support person stated that some riders abuse the system and make bogus claims such as this one, because they're just upset their Uber cancelled.

Has anyone else had to deal with something like this? If the investigation reveals the guy's claim is bogus, what recourse(s) do I have?