• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Account sharing

Scuberdriver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So I'm wondering what U would do? 18 year old Jason orders the Uber for John his 80 year old grand father to go down to the RSL 15km away... Reject because not account holder? And John told me he doesn't know how to use uber lol

FrankWalker

So I'm wondering what U would do? 18 year old Jason orders the Uber for John his 80 year old grand father to go down to the RSL 15km away... Reject because not account holder? And John told me he doesn't know how to use uber lol
That's allowed.

The only thing it says is that people under 18 can't ride unaccompanied by an adult.

Scuberdriver

That's allowed.

The only thing it says is that people under 18 can't ride unaccompanied by an adult.
Read again. Account sharing is not allowed. There are many examples of different ages ordering for different genders and so fourth. But this new update on their website says you can't.

Hussyboy81

he only thing it says is that people under 18 can't ride unaccompanied by an adult.
This is a very grey area. How do you know if a person is above 18 or not, some people don't look their age. Do you ask for their ID to verify their age? If not, if something happens, who takes the responsibility?

Scuberdriver

This is a very grey area. How do you know if a person is above 18 or not, some people don't look their age. Do you ask for their ID to verify their age? If not, if something happens, who takes the responsibility?
If in doubt always ask for ID. Kids are smart and cheeky they will lie straight up and you will end up with $5 fare instead of $7 cancellation fee.

Scuberdriver

They will be accompanied ... by the driver :wink:
This is something else they changed on their policy because before it had to be a parent or guardian... Now it only states that the account holder must be 18. So an 18 year old riding with three 17 year old friends can order the Uber.

zanboor

I was picking this pax and I rolled down my window and confirmed her name (Melany) She started looking through her hand bag for ID :redface::redface:

RoboRider

This is something else they changed on their policy because before it had to be a parent or guardian... Now it only states that the account holder must be 18. So an 18 year old riding with three 17 year old friends can order the Uber.
I don't recall the policy ever stipulating parent or guardian. In my time driving it has always said must be accompanied by an adult.

As for the 18 year old ordering for a grandparent that isn't account sharing as long as the account holder makes the booking.

Scuberdriver

I don't recall the policy ever stipulating parent or guardian. In my time driving it has always said must be accompanied by an adult.

As for the 18 year old ordering for a grandparent that isn't account sharing as long as the account holder makes the booking.
As long as the account holder makes the booking... So what is the definition of sharing? If you book it and don't get in the car what is the difference from someone else getting in your car?