Account On Hold: Rider Made False Allegations

NYCFunDriver

I really don't know where to start, but here goes.

I was on a three passenger pool beginning in the Upper East Side of Manhattan ending around 2:30AM in Sheepshead Bay located way out in South East Brooklyn. Ten to twenty minutes later on my way home I received a message from support letting me know my account was put on a hold for 48 hours due to a rider falsely accusing me for impaired driving. I'm angry, upset and shocked over the situation. After contacting support in my defense the response was the issue is under investigation with mention of doing a great job at offering respectful and professional trips to my riders. I plan on visiting the Uber Greenlight Hub tomorrow.

Why would a rider do that when there is no evidence to back his/her claim? Is it possible it was a means of getting out of paying the fare? I'm asking, because I just had a chat with a neighbor who took an Uber with her co worker late at night. The account the request was made from was her co worker's. Apparently, he's cheap and can't part with money. When they arrived at their final destination he saw the fare and told her it costed too much and didn't want to pay for it. He said he was going to report the driver for being rude, name calling and wreckless driving. She advised him not to do it as it was completely made up. Unfortunately, he did only to be reimbursed.

I would really appreciate if any of you can offer sound advice regarding the issue. The allegations reported were false. I'm 100% sober. I do not engage in drinking and/or drug use.

Cableguynoe

I was on a three passenger pool beginning in the Upper East Side of Manhattan ending around 2:30AM in Sheepshead Bay located way out in South East Brooklyn. Ten to twenty minutes later on my way home I received a message from support letting me know my account was put on a hold for 48 hours due to a rider falsely accusing me for impaired driving. I'm angry, upset and shocked over the situation. After contacting support in my defense the response was the issue is under investigation with mention of doing a great job at offering respectful and professional trips to my riders. I plan on visiting the Uber Greenlight Hub tomorrow.

Why would a rider do that when there is no evidence to back his/her claim? Is it possible it was a means of getting out of paying the fare? I'm asking, because I just had a chat with a neighbor who took an Uber with her co worker late at night. The account the request was made from was her co worker's. Apparently, he's cheap and can't part with money. When they arrived at their final destination he saw the fare and told her it costed too much and didn't want to pay for it. He said he was going to report the driver for being rude, name calling and wreckless driving. She advised him not to do it as it was completely made up. Unfortunately, he did only to be reimbursed.

I would really appreciate if any of you can offer sound advice regarding the issue. The allegations reported were false. I'm 100% sober. I do not engage in drinking and/or drug use.
Just to play devil's advocate, is there any possibility you might have been nodding off? Were you tired?

If no, then yes, this isn't anything new.
Pax have figured out they could get a free ride by making something up.
We have one troll here that even admitted if he saw something like a warning light come up on your dash for low tire pressure, check engine, etc he would contact UBER about it too get a free ride, even if he was taken to his destination without any issues.

Not much can be done to prevent this other than hope there's not too many scumbags out there and this will be an isolated incident.

Keep fighting it. It's all you can do.
Oh, and a dashcam would also help for false allegations.

NHDriver

This sucks and seems to be happening more and more based on multiple threads on here. I would get a dash cam for starters. Not just for false allegations but also helps when police pull you over late at night for no reason just for being out on the road. You can tell uber you have a dash cam and can prove no such thing took place. Chances are they will not ask you to provide a video since you are offering to. Other than that, it is your word against the riders word. If you have many 5 star ratings or a high 5 star rating and many compliments, I would lean on that as well. Uber sides with the pax 10 out of 10 times.

NYCFunDriver

Just to play devil's advocate, is there any possibility you might have been nodding off? Were you tired?

If no, then yes, this isn't anything new.
Pax have figured out they could get a free ride by making something up.
We have one troll here that even admitted if he saw something like a warning light come up on your dash for low tire pressure, check engine, etc he would contact UBER about it too get a free ride, even if he was taken to his destination without any issues.

Not much can be done to prevent this other than hope there's not too many scumbags out there and this will be an isolated incident.

Keep fighting it. It's all you can do.
Oh, and a dashcam would also help for false allegations.

Thank you for your response! The answer is no I was not nodding off or tired. By the time I arrived home twenty minutes later I was awake and alert enough to have done two to three more trips. It was close to three in the morning and didn't want to be out any later while planning on taking the following day off.

The minute I feel sleepy I end my shift.

SKuber

Well, I went thru this with Lyft, it was awful and offensive. The rider i suspect made the false report said before he got out "my wife is going to be pissed I spent $50 on a lyft". They will never positively provide the riders identity. I'm sure the pax was comp'd the fare and received some incentives for a future ride. I was not impaired and wouldn't even consider driving after consuming drugs/alcohol. I offered lyft video evidence of the ride (not that it would be much help) but they were not interested. After two weeks of nonsensical emails from lyft support I reached out to @lyftsupport on Twitter, the were awsome, understood english and responsive. Two days later I was reinstated. My best advice is while you are dealing with this be perstant and contact them daily to profess your innocence.

NYCFunDriver

This sucks and seems to be happening more and more based on multiple threads on here. I would get a dash cam for starters. Not just for false allegations but also helps when police pull you over late at night for no reason just for being out on the road. You can tell uber you have a dash cam and can prove no such thing took place. Chances are they will not ask you to provide a video since you are offering to. Other than that, it is your word against the riders word. If you have many 5 star ratings or a high 5 star rating and many compliments, I would lean on that as well. Uber sides with the pax 10 out of 10 times.

I have many five star ratings, compliments and badges with a high rating of 4.78.

It does suck. It's unfair and unjust. How do these people get away with it? I'm done with the late shift. Too many drunktards out there.

Well, I went thru this with Lyft, it was awful and offensive. The rider i suspect made the false report said before he got out "my wife is going to be pissed I spent $50 on a lyft". They will never positively provide the riders identity. I'm sure the pax was comp'd the fare and received some incentives for a future ride. I was not impaired and wouldn't even consider driving after consuming drugs/alcohol. I offered lyft video evidence of the ride (not that it would be much help) but they were not interested. After two weeks of nonsensical emails from lyft support I reached out to @lyftsupport on Twitter, the were awsome, understood english and responsive. Two days later I was reinstated. My best advice is while you are dealing with this be perstant and contact them daily to process your innocence.

I plan on stopping by my local greenlight hub tomorrow. This is absolute BS.

chitown73

Both Uber and Lyft support are a complete waste of time. They barely even speak or understand English and they're taught to just read/type the same canned bs replies. It's pretty much the same with all of the big companies. You need to go online, Twitter or Factbook and put them on blast. Bad pr is the only real way to get their attention.

NYCFunDriver

Both Uber and Lyft support are a complete waste of time. They barely even speak or understand English and they're taught to just read/type the same canned bs replies. It's pretty much the same with all of the big companies. You need to go online, Twitter or Factbook and put them on blast. Bad pr is the only real way to get their attention.

I noticed that. It's all scripted and if they are not interested in helping you.

NHDriver

One question I have after re-reading the post. You said it was a ride share with 3. Was the person who falsely accused part of that 3 person pool? If so, have uber reach out to the other pax and ask them to evaluate the ride and there is your proof.

Uber_Yota_916

48 hour suspension or what uber calls "wait listed". The hub can not do anything for you. There will be a message on your account telling them to not manually reinstate the driver. Once you are back online your auto pay will be deactivated for 72 hours.

So much bs for not doing anything wrong. No repercussion for riders that make false claims. While the drivers get bent over. Three claims against us and no more Uber. No trial, no judge, just the Uber executioner.

NYCFunDriver

The hub cannot reinstate withheld accounts. I was there today. They were very helpful as I spent over an hour discussing the issue with both the hub manager and associate. It was disclosed which trip it was. The rider was a female, picked up a little after 12AM, accompanied by two male friends. They seemed to be having a fun night as I heard them laughing. The rider told them not to be so loud for fear I may give her a low rating. My response was that wouldn't be a reason for me to do so. As we were heading north toward their final destination one of her friends mentioned he was surprised to see how much traffic there was for a holiday weekend given the time of night. Around two minutes later the rider demanded I speed it up, which I didn't as the speed limit in NYC streets is 25MPH. After dropping them off close to 12:30AM she submitted a report. The claim, disclosed by Uber, driving while impaired for going too slow.

So much bs for not doing anything wrong. No repercussion for riders that make false claims. While the drivers get bent over. Three claims against us and no more Uber. No trial, no judge, just the Uber executioner.

Once I'm reinstated rating will be changed to one star. Following that I will do what I can to have her account permanently banned from using Uber again. I just went through two days of Hell.

NHDriver

The hub cannot reinstate withheld accounts. I was there today. They were very helpful as I spent over an hour discussing the issue with both the hub manager and associate. It was disclosed which trip it was. The rider was a female, picked up a little after 12AM, accompanied by two male friends. They seemed to be having a fun night as I heard them laughing. The rider told them not to be so loud for fear I may give her a low rating. My response was that wouldn't be a reason for me to do so. As we were heading north toward their final destination one of her friends mentioned he was surprised to see how much traffic there was for a holiday weekend given the time of night. Around two minutes later the rider demanded I speed it up, which I didn't as the speed limit in NYC streets is 25MPH. After dropping them off close to 12:30AM she submitted a report. The claim, disclosed by Uber, driving while impaired for going too slow.

Once I'm reinstated rating will be changed to one star. Following that I will do what I can to have her account permanently banned from using Uber again. I just went through two days of Hell.
That is complete BS!!!! I am sorry but if Uber deactivates a driver for driving to slow there is something wrong. That sounds more like safe driving to me. So now I guess you can be deactivated for driving the speed limit and keeping your pax safe. I am so glad I am back to corporate America in two weeks and off this train wreck. You got bent over big time for providing your service safely and lawfully. Why does Uber support a lying pax over a hard working driver. I just don't get it. I wonder if Uber tracks pax that constantly file complaints for the free ride and deactivate them if they file too many or if they keep giving them some type of compensation.

Fubernuber

The people who are most likely to do this are also most likely to be arrested, to.be expelled from school, to vote left, to protest against illegal immigration bans, to be poor, to be on a budget. So if you want to narrow down who did this to you, simply figure out which ones of your pool riders fit that desceiption.....oh wait. They all do

UberCheese

Uber and Lyft are sociopath enablers. It's the norm.

DexNex

In many jurisdictions, ride-share companies are forced to immediately suspend a driver after a report of impairment. It is not just their policy, it could be a local regulation.

NHDriver

Understood, how does driving slow imply impairment? Oh wait cos the pax said so. My bad!

Maybe RS drivers should turn the tables and start falsely accusing riders. File complaints we felt unsafe, the pax continuously used vulgar language and made racist comments multiple times, kept touching me during the ride, etc. Maybe the best defense is a good offense.

NYCFunDriver

That is complete BS!!!! I am sorry but if Uber deactivates a driver for driving to slow there is something wrong. That sounds more like safe driving to me. So now I guess you can be deactivated for driving the speed limit and keeping your pax safe. I am so glad I am back to corporate America in two weeks and off this train wreck. You got bent over big time for providing your service safely and lawfully. Why does Uber support a lying pax over a hard working driver. I just don't get it. I wonder if Uber tracks pax that constantly file complaints for the free ride and deactivate them if they file too many or if they keep giving them some type of compensation.

You're considered driving while impaired for driving the speed limit, providing a safe ride and obeying the laws of the road.