• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Account Deactivate

SFOspeedracer

What are the Rates for driving in Dubai? I know it is VERY expensive to I've there, so is Goober paying $3.50 a mile and $2.50 a minute?

How come your family failed? Your rating might be indicative of something that drove your familial social standing down.

Sparked my interest ...

Dubai rates (lowest found select, couldn’t find “X”)
314E7E1A-9166-4A45-B34A-1D00972B8227.jpeg

In USD

Base fare: $1.70

Minimum fare: $4.08
Per minute: $0.05
Per Mile: $0.65

Both cancel fees: $4.08

peteyvavs

This the President of the United States we're talking about. Try to "man up",
a little bit, and show some respect.

This name calling is sickening, uneducated and disrespectful. Very low class.
Your President is a proven coward, liar, thief, and racist, he’s a POS.

raisedoncereal

Can't imagine how excruciating a wait at the 7-11 stop while the prince is getting slurpees and making nachos. You best not end the ride and take off either, or you could be deactivated.

@op: Wait, you didn't leave the Saudi prince behind at the 7-11, did you?

MiamiKid

@MiamiKid @peteyvavs c'mon knock that off-topic shit off.

Let's try to figure out how this guy got such low ratings so we can get a good laugh, jeezus
@MiamiKid @peteyvavs c'mon knock that off-topic shit off.

Let's try to figure out how this guy got such low ratings so we can get a good laugh, jeezus
Good idea. Was trying to shed some humor, without getting political.

Have now hit ignore; so, will not see his responses.

Back to some laughs. 😎

Gandler

Sparked my interest ...

Dubai rates (lowest found select, couldn’t find “X”)
View attachment 341553

In USD

Base fare: $1.70

Minimum fare: $4.08
Per minute: $0.05
Per Mile: $0.65

Both cancel fees: $4.08
That is actually pretty terrible. I live in a city with an extremely low cost of living (many time below Dubai) and my rates are higher. Also, from my experience, tipping is not common there, so even though most pax will be absurdly rich, don't count on tips.....

At those rates, in that market, with pretty much no chance of tips, and lots of chances of complaints and low ratings, I cannot see how anyone would drive for Uber there?

It may be a blessing that you were deactivated from Uber (sorry if that sounds cynical) , but you are literally being robbed to transport around extremely wealthy people who from the sounds of it have no appreciation...…

SFOspeedracer

That is actually pretty terrible. I live in a city with an extremely low cost of living (many time below Dubai) and my rates are higher. Also, from my experience, tipping is not common there, so even though most pax will be absurdly rich, don't count on tips.....

At those rates, in that market, with pretty much no chance of tips, and lots of chances of complaints and low ratings, I cannot see how anyone would drive for Uber there?

It may be a blessing that you were deactivated from Uber (sorry if that sounds cynical) , but you are literally being robbed to transport around extremely wealthy people who from the sounds of it have no appreciation...…
It could be because of their competitor in Dubai, another platform named Careem

Gandler

Maybe. It also shows how Uber is abusing Drivers in other countries even more so than in parts of America. I have not complained about my rates on here because I feel they are fair even if on the low-side (as a side gig I don't care that much), but those rates in such a wealthy city are borderline criminal, especially when tipping is not a thing (I am curious if the app even has a tip option in that country?). I know UAE has very lax regs in all fields so companies like Uber must love it..... 5 cents a minute and 65 cents a mile? Unless you have a very old car (which would for sure get down rates there), you would be losing money just having the app on.

Maybe try getting a pizza delivery job if you like driving? Some pizza companies in the Gulf (Dominoes) actually treat their employees well, and you would be an employee so you would not have to play Uber's games..... I honestly can't see any logical reason somebody in Dubai would even consider driving at those rates...….

SFOspeedracer

Maybe. It also shows how Uber is abusing Drivers in other countries even more so than in parts of America. I have not complained about my rates on here because I feel they are fair even if on the low-side (as a side gig I don't care that much), but those rates in such a wealthy city are borderline criminal, especially when tipping is not a thing (I am curious if the app even has a tip option in that country?). I know UAE has very lax regs in all fields so companies like Uber must love it..... 5 cents a minute and 65 cents a mile? Unless you have a very old car (which would for sure get down rates there), you would be losing money just having the app on.

Maybe try getting a pizza delivery job if you like driving? Some pizza companies in the Gulf (Dominoes) actually treat their employees well, and you would be an employee so you would not have to play Uber's games..... I honestly can't see any logical reason somebody in Dubai would even consider driving at those rates...….
In March 2019, Uber acquired Careem for $3.1 Billion. Wikipedia

Parent organization: Uber Technologies Inc

Wow @raisedoncereal ...... that makes so much sense now LMAO

Forget what I wrote 😂

Last edited:

SinTaxERROR

Uber 100% owns careem. They bought them this year prior to their IPO.
Post automatically merged:

Can't imagine how excruciating a wait at the 7-11 stop while the prince is getting slurpees and making nachos. You best not end the ride and take off either, or you could be deactivated.

@op: Wait, you didn't leave the Saudi prince behind at the 7-11, did you?
Forget Uber’s deactivation. Their government would probably deactivate your life.

XPG

Hi I am Sohail Iqbal From UAE Dubai My Account Is Deactivate Due To Low Rating How Can I Get Back My Account Kindly Guide Me
Kindly is the keyword for detecting the trolls and scammers. Next time do your homework before trolling.