Uber Drivers Forum banner

"[Account Alert]Your account...

3K views 60 replies 23 participants last post by  audihenry 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay so I've gotten these emails. Fear mongering? Or do they actually have any basis? ?

Basically the emails say that

"You’re canceling more trips than most partners...A high number of canceled trips can lead to deactivation from the Uber platform. "

This post has been deleted
This post has been deleted
#8 ·
You only get 15 of those emails. So 5 more and then your
Okay so I've gotten about 10 of these emails in a row on a weekly basis. Fear mongering? Or do they actually have any basis? ?

Basically the emails say that

"You're canceling more trips than most partners...A high number of canceled trips can lead to deactivation from the Uber platform. "
They only send 15 before they deactivate you. So get 5 more and then your gone

#19 ·
I think uber counts all cancels the same weather or not the pax cancels or the driver. If you wait 5 minutes at the pin then cancel maybe they treat it different.

I had quite a few cancels down in HB. First one was a pin drop from a girl on the beach and PCH was jammed and about to be closed. Called and a dude answers, says his sister ordered it for him and he is going to the store for more propane. Cancel.
Then another on the other side of a huge parade, couldn't get to him so asked him to cancel
Then a pin drop near a ton of people and no answer on the phone. Thought I waited 5 but I guess not. Later that evening had a 5.6 XL surge that the pax called and begged me to take 7 people and I said no I won't do it so he canceled. I think there was another one in there somewhere too but it's BS that uber treats us this way

#22 ·
I think uber counts all cancels the same weather or not the pax cancels or the driver. If you wait 5 minutes at the pin then cancel maybe they treat it different.

I had quite a few cancels down in HB. First one was a pin drop from a girl on the beach and PCH was jammed and about to be closed. Called and a dude answers, says his sister ordered it for him and he is going to the store for more propane. Cancel.
Then another on the other side of a huge parade, couldn't get to him so asked him to cancel
Then a pin drop near a ton of people and no answer on the phone. Thought I waited 5 but I guess not. Later that evening had a 5.6 XL surge that the pax called and begged me to take 7 people and I said no I won't do it so he canceled. I think there was another one in there somewhere too but it's BS that uber treats us this way
When I cancel, I always send some BS to Uber to keep them off my back. I'll say, wrong address, so they won't bother me. I've used, the streets were blocked off, and I couldn't get to your knucklehead pax.

#26 ·
I got one too but I haven't canceled anyone for months.

I do have several jerks canceling on me when I'm en route.

Last weekend it was about 35% of my trips were rider cancels.

The idiots at fuber count that against me for some ******ed reason.

It is a poorly-run company from the top down.
That's why you got it, doesn't matter who cancels. They look at cancels as lost money

#42 ·
Never ever cancel. You ignore requests all you want just don't cancel. Only cancel if you absolutely have to and only do that if you have more than 10 rides. That way you cancellation rate will still be 90% and above. So basically for every 10 rides you take in a DAY you can cancel one of them and it won't effect you.
How do you know this is the ratio?

#43 ·
Well take it from someone that's been doing this long time. Back then with ACRO and later just random canceling for what ever reason. 3 years and I have got this email and text at me at twice a week and still active.

Truth is u will not be punish for accpetenc rate but u will be for canceling. Uber seems to be to worry about cancelation. They promise the pax let's say 4 min coz u are the nearest driver and next thing Uber know is that you have cancel. If u don't accept it will go to the next driver just as simple as that. But when u cancel Uber has promise the pax the ETA from your location.

I have work with dispatchers way before Uber and they would go crazy if that happen. Now just image Uber and its system.

Cancel only when u have to. If u can't or want the ride just let it ping out and always use mix and match reason for canceling.

#46 ·
So if you have been getting the message for cancelling twice a week for 3 years how can you say in the next paragraph we will be deactivated for it?
Why haven't you been deactivated?

55 weeks a year x 3 years = 165 cancellation texts/emails. That is 140 more that the perceived 15 needed to be deactivated.

What are your thoughts on this?

#49 ·
Wait you are in the hourly guarateed and you still ask this? Just think it this way, in a bufeet you pay to get in and stuff your self up, this doesn't mean you will start geetting all the food that there is in the restaurant in you table and start trowing it up right? Well Uber guarantees you that even if it is slow and they can't find enough rides for you to make you $30 per hour they will pay you that, does not mean that if there is plenty of work you would only do the minimum to qualifie and cancel the rest, for some reason that may be seeing as cheating or take adventage of the system and somehow companies don't like that.That is how people wreck stuff for all the rest, still doesn't exist a job that will pay you $30 per hour per doing nothing, or none of us will be hear I guess :p, you are driver, then drive.
And Hourlys wonder why they get the dregs and barely the minimum number of rides to qualify...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.