Accident - Steps

laureb

Has anyone been involved in an accident while on an active Uber trip

if so, please share your views and how this has been dealt by Uber and your insurance

joffie

Yep just happened to me today whilst on an eats.
Just lodged a claim through insurance. Car still drivable but will need to be assessed and repaired.
Should be "no fault" accident.

laureb

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
H
Yep just happened to me today whilst on an eats.
Just lodged a claim through insurance. Car still drivable but will need to be assessed and repaired.
Should be "no fault" accident.
How uber assisted you with that . Or not of their problem?

My point is if there were passengers with you how will you deal with the situatuon

joffie

Good questions. I had food in at the time which I safely delivered.

Personally I wouldn't tell uber. I am surer the food won't :smiles:

But.. pax.. yeah they WILL report to UBER and you will be deactivated until you sort it all out. I just hope no one ever gets in an accident with a PAX.

bellahug

I was in a major accident on September 10th with 5 riders on board. It has been a nightmare to say the least. No one was hurt but I didn't know exactly what to do, I have been driving for 40 years and never had an accident. I called my insurance company and reported it but left out I was driving for Uber. They started the claim and in the meantime I sent a message to Uber that I was in an accident. 3 days later Uber contacted me and told me to fill out an accident form and then James River Insurance Company contacted me and they took the claim over. In the meantime my insurance company called me and took a detailed account of the accident, which unfortunately I was at fault. They point blank asked me if I was driving Uber so someone they talked to in the accident must have told them so I told them yes and I had riders in the car. He then told me he thinks there is an exclusion on my policy but it took them to September 28th to tell me. In the meantime James River took over and eventually told me my car was totalled.

I have learned that you don't have to report it to your personal insurance company if it happens when you are driving for Uber. They didn't even have to know. James River did a great job keeping me up to date but unfortunately I have no car and no one will sell me one because I drive for Uber. And Uber is the only paystubs I have so I can't even hide that fact so I don't know what to do. Any suggestions? I looked into the Uber xchange leasing program and you really have to pay out so much money each month it is ridiculous.

Homebrand Taxi

Much sympathy, belkahug. You are in the U.S, correct? Different jurisdiction here in Australia but the issues are similar. Hope you get back on the road soon.

Homebrand Taxi

Has anyone been involved in an accident while on an active Uber trip

if so, please share your views and how this has been dealt by Uber and your insurance
Two accidents, both minor, no one hurt. One my fault, one not. Reported the first, received hopeless accident report form that looks like an insurance claim form but is of no assistance. Pax did not report anything ( and the one which was my fault would not have occurred if the pax did not insist on wanting to take the least practical route). Did not bother reporting the second because it was a total waste of time. Insurance paid on both, no questioning about using the car for ridesharing. Hope you are OK.

offline4SURGE

and the one which was my fault would not have occurred if the pax did not insist on wanting to take the least practical route
I'm sure they wanted to zigzag you through side streets, and tell you to impossibly turn right on to heavy traffic as they are running late.
I hope it was a surge fare.