1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Accident... on the road today

Discussion in 'People' started by lindat, Aug 9, 2014.

1. lindat

lindat Member

So I'm driving in bumper to bumper traffic on a city street and we all come to a stop at a stoplight... other than the guy right behind me and he hits the back of my car at around 3-5 mph and leaves a dent and scratch in my bumper. The older gentleman that hit me pulls off to the side and I get his name and address along with his insurance company and his policy. I also took a picture of the damage to my bumper with the Uber phone.

Just what we all hope for while driving and trying to make a buck.

Now I must ask... will Uber's insurance cover my damages ???

I was driving without a passenger... BUT, I was online driving waiting for a ping.

Does anyone have any insight on this kind of situation ?

Thanks, for your thoughts and input.

Sincerely,

Bummed I got a dent in my bumper guy

2. ElectroFuzz

ElectroFuzz Well-Known Member

If he hit you from behind then he is at fault.
    His insurance should pay for the repair.

LUXYRIDE likes this.
  3. Farlance

Farlance Active Member

Write a ticket, let us know. We'll get you moving through the process.

4. lindat

lindat Member

Farlance, what do you mean by writing a ticket ?

Also, will my personal insurance company be notified and will this possibly get me deactivated by filing this claim ?

5. Farlance

Farlance Active Member

If you log into the partner dashboard, you should see an option somewhere on the page to submit a ticket for something you need help with. And no, you won't be deactivated. That's silly.

Can't say anything about your personal insurance. It's not my area of expertise. We have a team that handles accidents specifically.

6. lindat

lindat Member

Thanks, Farlance

P.S. I'm unable to download my my personal "Partner Invoices" on daily activity. Chrome see's it as a Malicious file.

Is there a way to do this that I'm unaware of ?

P.S.S. I just checked the dashboard... and there is no option to write a ticket.

Thanks

7. Farlance

Farlance Active Member

Look for anything mentioning support. Sorry I can't be more specific, we don't have access so the dashboard so I've never actually seen it.

As for computer problems, uh.. I'm just gonna go.. over.. there. c_c

8. lindat

lindat Member

Thanks, Farlance.

9. Walkersm

Walkersm Well-Known Member

You would first file a claim with the other parties insurance company. If they deny the claim (say he did not pay his premium) or he actually had no insurance then you would go to your own insurance company and commit insurance fraud by not letting them know what you were doing at the time of the accident. File a claim and pay your deductible. Or you could tell the truth and get your claim denied again, and get dropped from your insurance, then you could file on Ubers insurance with a $1000 deductible. So they make it in your interest to lie to your insurance company and commit insurance fraud to save money on the deductible. In the end Uber has no liability, just how they want it.

SunSmith, kalo, grams777 and 2 others like this.
  10. LisaB

LisaB Member

uber won't cover collision unless he has collision on his personal insurance.

chi1cabby likes this.
  11. chi1cabby

chi1cabby Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    ...and gets denied by his insurance, since he was in "App On, No Pax Mode" at the time of the accident.

12. Joanne

Joanne Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Go to uberpartnersupport.com

13. LAuberX

LAuberX Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    If I got rear ended I would leave Uber out of it if I had no passengers.

I think you will be deactivated while they figure it out and make sure your car is pretty again.

Can anybody confirm deactivation or repair confirmation after reporting an accident to Uber.

HIS fault, take tons of pictures and get it repaired FAST...

my .02

TomNashville likes this.
  14. grams777

grams777 Moderator Moderator

Actually any accident that results in your personal insurance finding out will probably result in you having to agree to verifiably stop ridesharing to keep your insurance. Otherwise you will be dropped and nobody will touch you without paying through the nose. There are reports of this exact thing happening. This is constructively the same as being deactivated because of the remaining insurance gaps - even if you are not at fault.

15. mp775

mp775 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    No passengers = no Uber. Don't even being it up.

SunSmith likes this.
  16. Seinfeld

Seinfeld Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Sounds like guy who hit you will pay, if not it gets interesting.. Keep us posted and hope it works out for you.

17. kalo

kalo Well-Known Member

Uber does not cover the driver during this period at all from what I read. If that is so, you'd be foolish to bring Uber in on it. If he gave you his insurance let them handle it.

Gets back to the point of liability during this period of "no rider app is on". Drivers are totally screwed if they hurt someone seriously. Drivers are not putting a value on this. Uber is and Uber's worth billions because of this type of thing. Drivers doing to much, accepting to little and taking liability on themselves (especially during the "no rider app is on" time).

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  18. kalo

kalo Well-Known Member

Sorry Farlance, but this is classic. The blind leading the blind. No training for drivers, no training for customer support, poor system for drivers to even get help.

Drivers, this seems to be the best link for help.

http://www.uberpartnersupport.com/

19. lindat

lindat Member

Thanks to everyone for their wisdom and advice. I just got off of work from doing "Outside Lands" here in "The City".

From all of your brilliant wisdom... I've come to the conclusion that I should contact my Insurance company and tell them that I was hit from behind by a driver and keep my mouth shut about what I was doing. It's not like the insurance company needs to know that I was working at the time.

Actually, I wasn't working at the time since I wasn't getting paid a penny when this occurred.

People get hit all the time... and the Insurance companies don't ask them... were you working for Uber ???

Best to be straight up... and say I was hit from behind while I was in "The City" driving down the street.

Someone stop me before I pull the trigger tomorrow... if you think this isn't the right course of action.

... and thanks to all of you that have responded with your 2 cents.

Monica rodriguez and LAuberX like this.
  20. LAuberX

LAuberX Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    They will ask what you were doing "i was coming home from a friends place" pleasure use, no business.
    And if you have a baby seat on board (no)

Good luck