Accident II

Inshur

FuberNYC

Talking about accident. It was my turn today and guess what?
You're correct if you guessed yellow. This idiot rear ends me doing 15 mph on a 5 mph traffic jam towards Midtown tunnel...
It got pretty hectic as both my female passengers started complaining about mild headache, neck and back pain, obviously these girls thought they could get some $$$ out the minor accident so I was forced to make a police report and call an ambulance for them...
Got some scratches, dents and some bulges around the bumper and it also cracked on top, can barely see it though. Took it to my friend's body shop and was advised to just forget about it and don't make the claim...he told me that yellow cabs are worse than sanitation trucks, it will take forever to get the insurance money, 6 months if I am lucky. No wonder this yellow (non English speaking) idiot was cursing me and yelling F.U. instead of saying he was sorry.

Rick N.

20170906_170706.png

jga8029

Thats why i always keep my distance specially if a yellow cab is behind but damm be careful if those chick try to get some money from you

Mr. Affinito

You're correct if you guessed yellow. This idiot rear ends me doing 15 mph on a 5 mph traffic jam towards Midtown tunnel...
It got pretty hectic as both my female passengers started complaining about mild headache, neck and back pain, obviously these girls thought they could get some $$$ out the minor accident so I was forced to make a police report and call an ambulance for them...
Got some scratches, dents and some bulges around the bumper and it also cracked on top, can barely see it though. Took it to my friend's body shop and was advised to just forget about it and don't make the claim...he told me that yellow cabs are worse than sanitation trucks, it will take forever to get the insurance money, 6 months if I am lucky. No wonder this yellow (non English speaking) idiot was cursing me and yelling F.U. instead of saying he was sorry.

What did these ladies look like? I can't believe these women had nothing better to do than to try to chase down some money from such a light accident.

d23perry

Even if it takes 6 years to collect from Yellow's insurance, why would you pass on filing a claim? From your report of the damage to your vehicle, it is still drivable, and likely passable for a TLC inspection. So, keep driving it and wait for your claim to be processed, regardless of how long it will take. You should be fully compensated for your damages, and the yellow should not receive a free pass on an accident for which he is 100% at fault.

maximumuber

What happens if the passenger file some bs claim against you? I would still go after yellow because of this.

LiveNLearn

It would be messed up if those girls get a 100k cause they filed a claim and you get squat for not filing. People have got more for less.

Maybe that guy has a terrible record (most likely if hes crash at 15mph).

Get your money bro. Police report was filed which means your insurance is going up with out a doubt. And its a accident with PAX!!

Think about it before you make a bad choice just cause you dont want to deal with it.

Rustyshackelford

It would be messed up if those girls get a 100k cause they filed a claim and you get squat for not filing. People have got more for less.

Maybe that guy has a terrible record (most likely if hes crash at 15mph).

Get your money bro. Police report was filed which means your insurance is going up with out a doubt. And its a accident with PAX!!

Think about it before you make a bad choice just cause you dont want to deal with it.
Rear end accidents do not count against you. And now a days you're not getting 100k unless you have major surgery. They're not paying like they used to. But yes I would file a claim

Mr. Affinito

Even if it takes 6 years to collect from Yellow's insurance, why would you pass on filing a claim? From your report of the damage to your vehicle, it is still drivable, and likely passable for a TLC inspection. So, keep driving it and wait for your claim to be processed, regardless of how long it will take. You should be fully compensated for your damages, and the yellow should not receive a free pass on an accident for which he is 100% at fault.
Well, it is my understanding that YOUR insurance will pay for any damage and then your insurance company will fight w/ yellow for however long it takes to get their money back. That's likely the best way to get your car fixed right away and get back on the road right away.

bigdreamslittlemoney

Bro good to hear you ok but like most guys saying here I would watch out for those two girls. Why the first person they going to sue is you. Why because they have your info as a driver.

Mr. Affinito

Bro good to hear you ok but like most guys saying here I would watch out for those two girls. Why the first person they going to sue is you. Why because they have your info as a driver.
These girls aren't going to sue anybody. They will file a claim with insurance and that's as far as it goes. Either your insurance will pay them and then pursue the Yellow or the Yellow's insurance will pay it, since their driver was at fault.

ViaDriver Professor

Sorry to hear about that. Glad you were okay. Either way, sucks that you have to take the hit to fix the car. Most of the cabs drive as if the road belongs to them exclusively. The Pruis drivers are the worst, they think they are driving a Tesla.

d23perry

Well, it is my understanding that YOUR insurance will pay for any damage and then your insurance company will fight w/ yellow for however long it takes to get their money back. That's likely the best way to get your car fixed right away and get back on the road right away.

YOUR insurance will pay for damage only if you have full coverage; and you will have to use your deductible to get your insurance to pay. Your insurance, if fully covered, would then go after to other driver's insurance to recoup your damages, i.e. deductible and vehicle repair costs.

However, he can choose to leave his insurance out of it by filing a claim directly with the other driver's insurance and waiting for them to process the claim.

tohunt4me

Quick fix for crack on top of bumper.
Will keep water from seeping into foam within rear bumper and act as a luggage guard. Cheap fix.
Looks better than a crack or split.
You dont want melted snow freezing and expanding Inside your bumper.
Seal it.

Just look up bumper guards on internet.
Some cover entire bumpers.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-06-20-31-15.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-06-20-31-15.png
    111.3 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_2017-09-06-20-35-22.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-06-20-35-22.png
    72 KB · Views: 22

Jim1985

Good thing is you are not injured vro. Hope you get you car fixed asap. And i would file a claim because you made the report, 3 accidents within a certain time and tlc takes action. What baffles me the most is that he came out cursing at you when clearly if you are behind you are at fault. @@@@ing moron

Inshur New York