Accident - at Fault

BenforRideShare

Hi Fellows, I have just had an accident possibly at fault, still cant say. I have full ridshare Insurance on Privately owned (registered) vehicle. What possible issues I can get into, this is my first ever accident, so I'm totally unaware what to expect next. Any insight from any of you is greatly appreciated.
Pax was in vehicle, thankfully she remained safe, both cars are pretty badly damaged.
What r the consequences of at fault accidents please from rideshare and general perspective. Thanks

Uberchampion

Hi Fellows, I have just had an accident possibly at fault, still cant say. I have full ridshare Insurance on Privately owned (registered) vehicle. What possible issues I can get into, this is my first ever accident, so I'm totally unaware what to expect next. Any insight from any of you is greatly appreciated.
Pax was in vehicle, thankfully she remained safe, both cars are pretty badly damaged.
What r the consequences of at fault accidents please from rideshare and general perspective. Thanks
Every market is different. Expect to pay an inflated deductible and to not get market value for your car if its a writeoff.

You may be better off posting this in your local forum instead of the general advice threads

tohunt4me

At Fault you say ?
Screenshot_2020-02-21-11-46-13.png

Steven Ambrose

There are too many variables in place. It can vary by the insurer you have and several other factors. Discuss the matter with your insurance company.

Foremost and always, I am happy that all parties in the accident are fine.

Amos69

Who is Goober using for insurance win your area? They will be handling your claim. Do notify your own agent about the claim in case things slide sideways. I assume you have RS gap insurance. Do you own the vehicle outright?

Like all insurance claims it will move slowly.

Rakos

Report it to Uber ONLY...!

They will manage the liability...

They will NOT tell your insurance...

They will handle it well...8>)

1 of 3 does not disqualify you...

If u got a ticket fight it OR...

Settle for driving school...

Good Luck!

Rakos
d40b54d0763bd5d9cbde45bb255aeef8.jpg

Wildgoose

Pax was in car. I guess that you have already reported about it to Uber. Uber's deductible is $1000. What is your own insurance deductible? (Doesn't matter if you don't claim about accident to your own insurance, your driving record will show up in your incident and your rate will go up. So you should report it to your own insurance company.) If your deductible is $500, Uber's insurance company will pay damage fees after deducting $1000 and your own insurance will pay $500 ( $1000 - $500 ).
Uber will temporary deactivate your account. After you fix your car or you replace it with another car, You need go to Uber Greenlight Hub and get inspected that car. Hopefully, you will get your account reinstated.

TomTheAnt

Since you list your location as "Sydney", I'm assuming you're from Down Under. Hence, post in the Aussie section. Practicalities in Austrailia are probably a lot different than in the US, so you'll get much more accurate info there than here in general forum full of American ants.

Cdub2k

you might want to start that Lyft application in advanced just in case Uber bans your account

fulrac

I was in a minor accident with a PAX, totally my fault,after bumping the car in front of me. Uber's insurance took care of it, didn't have to pay anything, fully expected to though....

Gilby

Like all insurance claims it will move slowly.
Not in my experience. The last accident was my fault, I notified my insurance company and discovered my preferred body shop was on their approved list. The body shop had a check for the repairs, minus my deductible, in three days. When the repairs exceeded the estimate by about $500, my insurance company promptly sent another check.

Another Uber Driver

It depends on what the insurance companies and the TNCs do in Australia. Try posting this question on the Sydney Boards. Those guys would know better than those of us in the U.S. of A. or Canada.

Welcome to YouPeaDotNet, any how.