Accepting more pool rides

Bruce55

I've converted to accepting pool rides and as long as it's not too far away, I'll happily take them.
Part of the reason is being banished to the 'burbs, the other part is the change Uber has made. Now that they guarantee a second pax, you are more likely to be profitable on the fares. That's been my experience so far.

Let's face it, Uber is a revolutionary company. It's changed the worldwide public transportation industry, it's changed the world. I think we should give them some credit that they might know just a little more than you or I about innovation.

Think outside the box, not like a small minded follower. Pool is the future of this company. Like it or lump it, it's here to stay. Whoever says otherwise has their heads buried in the sand. Wake up!

Manhoos

I don't know who buried his head in sand but once I calculate ALL expenses, poo doesn't make any sense to me.
Anyone like it should keep doing it.. It will be Win-Win situation for everyone.

UberZF

I don't know who buried his head in sand but once I calculate ALL expenses, poo doesn't make any sense to me.
Anyone like it should keep doing it.. It will be Win-Win situation for everyone.
Pool wasnt all bad when i did it...

I had many times with 3 or even 4 pax during surge, and I was making about 30-50% more than I would have on a single X drive of the same Time/Distance.

So its GOOD when you have long (>5km) matched 3+ trips.

UberxGTA

Pool wasnt all bad when i did it...

I had many times with 3 or even 4 pax during surge, and I was making about 30-50% more than I would have on a single X drive of the same Time/Distance.

So its GOOD when you have long (>5km) matched 3+ trips.
This is what I've said all along. Pool is not 100% bad. It is worthwhile but only for short time periods during the day. I pick up pool but only when beneficial.Outside of those areas and times of day it is not profitable. That's not hate, just facts. People just have to do their own logical math and ignore the Uber trolls on this site. They are well known (1000s of posts) and paid by Uber to disseminate Uber's interests. No regular drivers would so vehemently defend Uber's position without some sort of self interest.

I've converted to accepting pool rides and as long as it's not too far away, I'll happily take them.
Part of the reason is being banished to the 'burbs, the other part is the change Uber has made. Now that they guarantee a second pax, you are more likely to be profitable on the fares. That's been my experience so far.

Let's face it, Uber is a revolutionary company. It's changed the worldwide public transportation industry, it's changed the world. I think we should give them some credit that they might know just a little more than you or I about innovation.

Think outside the box, not like a small minded follower. Pool is the future of this company. Like it or lump it, it's here to stay. Whoever says otherwise has their heads buried in the sand. Wake up!
How much does Uber pay you?

PoorBasterd

Translation: It's a privilege to be owned by Bucky-Massa as one of his chattels. It feels so good to kneel and grovel before my Massa. Who needs freedom when I can work hard for Massa and make him happy.

Last edited:

Bruce55

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
How much does Uber pay you?
You're obviously new here. Show some respect stoney or I'll deactivate you.

Translation: It's a privilege to be owned by Bucky-Massa as one of his chattels. It feels so good to kneel and grovel before my Massa. Who needs freedom when I can work hard for Massa and make him happy.
I cannot believe you wrote that because you are the biggest hypocrite on this board. In fact you are a liar.

When you lambaste pool, thumping your chest about how virtuous you are with your hate-on and refusal in taking pool but then posting here AN 80 PER CENT POOL ACCEPTANCE Rate? 80 PER CENT or whatever number it was, it was higher than just about everyone else who posted their numbers. You have Zero credibility here. You just seem really uneducated and now you're a proven liar. For all we know you're probably picking up your second matched pool pax right now.

Hey, I thought we were cool. Guess not.

Last edited:

uber fool

You're obviously new here. Show some respect stoney or I'll deactivate you.

I cannot believe you wrote that because you are the biggest hypocrite on this board. In fact you are a liar.

When you lambaste pool, thumping your chest about how virtuous you are with your hate-on and refusal in taking pool but then posting here AN 80 PER CENT POOL ACCEPTANCE Rate? 80 PER CENT or whatever number it was, it was higher than just about everyone else who posted their numbers. You have Zero credibility here. You just seem really uneducated and now you're a proven liar. For all we know you're probably picking up your second matched pool pax right now.

Hey, I thought we were cool. Guess not.
W
Dont even bother with Uberx drivers,let them do poo and luv it. In a couple over years they will be working for 28c a mile like Detroit.M ost of them have the solidarity of jello. I give up on these guys and no longer post anything informative or of substance. I seen construction workers,garbage men and plumbers band together form unions and get proper treatment and wages.Highly doubt things would get there with these guys.

Bruce55

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
W

Dont even bother with Uberx drivers,let them do poo and luv it. In a couple over years they will be working for 28c a mile like Detroit.M ost of them have the solidarity of jello. I give up on these guys and no longer post anything informative or of substance. I seen construction workers,garbage men and plumbers band together form unions and get proper treatment and wages.Highly doubt things would get there with these guys.
Agreed. 100%.
This is my hooker and booze money Fool.
Enjoy the 70+ hours a week in your car.
Ba Hahahhahah!

Deoxlar

Today I decided to take a pool ride I normally don't take. I arrived and texted the pax. She said she was on her way down. Five minutes later she shows up. I told her how drivers are supposed to cancel after two minutes. If she is taking poo, she should stand at the spot and order uber instead. I find educating passengers for the next driver make the whole system smoother.

Deoxlar

Jk. It was my last ride of the day and I was feeling nice and told her uber drivers don't mind waiting.

Sergei

I dont accept Pool either. I made more $ per hour avoiding it. For each Pool ride, you give up 3-5 UberX full rate rides (no 35-40% discount). The avg hourly rate for Pool is <$20/hr (without surge, after uber cut), whereas UberX is minimum $23/hr (after uber cut)

Pool is only worthwhile when the surge is high, and the roads are completely clear. Otherwise, its a huge loss.