Accepting & Letting It Expire?

mizzrock

Hey all,

Veteran Lyft driver [10mos & counting]. And lately Lyft has been giving guarantees of over $35/hour! So I try to get the minimum ride and basically lay on my ass for the rest of the hour [why not?] And I've been accepting all requests [to keep acceptance rate] but just hanging at home and letting them cancel.

I'm probably screwing myself for the future with rides around my home. But I want my $35! It worked last week and I got bonused over $200 for just being online [but people were canceling because I wasn't moving aside from the minimum 1 ride per guarantee hour].

Just a question, do they look at drivers who have many pax cancel on them? Maybe it's my anxiety [This job has made my anxiety WORSE instead of better, especially about finances] but I feel this is too good to be true to just get 1 ride then sit and hide for the rest of the hour [remaining signed in].

Any fellow slackers? :biggrin::p

[Note: I am a graduate student getting my masters and an athlete and I am WAY to exhausted to just run out my house every 20mins for a new ride, my area is slow, not SF but outskirts of SF].

DieselkW

If I was a frequent passenger I would relish the day you accepted my ping.
How many people out there have your first name, your picture, and your car picture on their "I hate this guy" list?

Get ready for some 1* rides Mizzrock. You're treating people unkindly. These people think you're a @@@@@@. They can't wait for the chance to do you like you've done to them.

You think people like being toyed with?

mizzrock

If I was a frequent passenger I would relish the day you accepted my ping.
How many people out there have your first name, your picture, and your car picture on their "I hate this guy" list?

Get ready for some 1* rides Mizzrock. You're treating people unkindly. These people think you're a @@@@@@. They can't wait for the chance to do you like you've done to them.

You think people like being toyed with?
They could also report me to Lyft. Yet I am not charging them just taking their time I guess. But jeez this is turning into a REAL job having to get up at 7am UGH

Disgusted Driver

I don't know about Lyft but Uber is pretty quick to catch on. Whatever the case, you are some pice of work. Like it's ok to screw people because you're a graduate student and athlete. You aren't a slacker, you're a wretched specimen of self entitled humanity. If you had figured out a way to screw Uber or Lyft out of a bonus by sitting in a tin can, ok, I can see that. But victimizing innocent people so that you can line your pockets is totally out of line. I hope they catch on and get rid of you. The world won't be a better place because you'll still find a job cheating people but at least there will be a little satisfaction.

mizzrock

I don't know about Lyft but Uber is pretty quick to catch on. Whatever the case, you are some pice of work. Like it's ok to screw people because you're a graduate student and athlete. You aren't a slacker, you're a wretched specimen of self entitled humanity. If you had figured out a way to screw Uber or Lyft out of a bonus by sitting in a tin can, ok, I can see that. But victimizing innocent people so that you can line your pockets is totally out of line. I hope they catch on and get rid of you. The world won't be a better place because you'll still find a job cheating people but at least there will be a little satisfaction.
I'm only perpetuating capitalism really. Screwing innocent people to get a profit. If I'm taking too long to arrive they can cancel and request another driver. The system isn't too hard to understand. Thanks for the compliment! I'm not Screwing the world because I'm a graduate I'm saying I'm a graduate to deter any people calling me lazy. I work and am active.

Disgusted Driver

You sound like an old geezer who didn't get a pretty millennial to bed yet. :eek:

Too bad you can't show him what it's like. You might possibly be attractive outside but I feel safe in saying you are an ugly person within. Have fun thinking about yourself and manipulating others, obviously the road to happiness and meaning!

mizzrock

Too bad you can't show him what it's like. You might possibly be attractive outside but I feel safe in saying you are an ugly person within. Have fun thinking about yourself and manipulating others, obviously the road to happiness and meaning!
Thank you! I realized this 3 years ago and relish in the fact that it's so simple and easy. I pave my way to success and profit. Beat the little people down. I do what I can.

Epic_Driver

Do you know that when a pax cancels a request, the pax gets asked why he/she is canceling? They can select that driver took too long. I'm sure you'll get caught soon since you keep racking these up.

jo5eph

I got a voicemail that was funny at one time...

Pax calls and says...
" I see your car is not moving on the app.I'm guessing we must have a bad satellite connection or something. Well, we are waiting here till you get here. Please hurry."

mizzrock

I got a voicemail that was funny at one time...

Pax calls and says...
" I see your car is not moving on the app.I'm guessing we must have a bad satellite connection or something. Well, we are waiting here till you get here. Please hurry."
Your reverse psychology is working I'll never do it again. :frown:

jo5eph

Lol, no reverse psychology here.
This was a pax I remember that was requesting at the top of Laguna hills mountains somewhere.
It was far away from where I was waiting and running my car up those steep hills is not really worth it. For all I know they probably just wanted a ride right down the hill to PCH.