Accepting a request

Jeff1205

The last couple of weeks I haven't been on the road a lot but when I have, I have gotten a few requests about 15 mins away. I didn't accept and they kept trying a few more times until I went off line. It caused my acceptance rate to be below 90% the last 2 weeks. So yesterday I decided I was going to just take whatever came my way to stay above the 90% this week. I had to drive to pick a PAX up 13 mins away. I asked the PAX was there any other drivers in the area that it pulled me 13 mins away from you. He said there was a car 2 mins away. He said I don't know how Uber picks the driver. Was it maybe that the driver didn't accept the trip and it went to the next closest driver? If so why wouldn't you accept a trip 2 mins away? Thanks

EduberNJ

I usually get requests 10 min away. What drives me crazy is when I'm on a surge area and I get a ping to a non surge zone.

TheNJBen

I hate how declining the same request several times counts each time against acceptance ... I had a request from 24 minutes away one time that I didn't even know was possible on uber that I had to decline 3 times

chevelle454

Just turn off the ap and drive away .turn on the pax ap and get lost in a cluster so you don't get pinged by the same pax

Alex12

The last couple of weeks I haven't been on the road a lot but when I have, I have gotten a few requests about 15 mins away. I didn't accept and they kept trying a few more times until I went off line. It caused my acceptance rate to be below 90% the last 2 weeks. So yesterday I decided I was going to just take whatever came my way to stay above the 90% this week. I had to drive to pick a PAX up 13 mins away. I asked the PAX was there any other drivers in the area that it pulled me 13 mins away from you. He said there was a car 2 mins away. He said I don't know how Uber picks the driver. Was it maybe that the driver didn't accept the trip and it went to the next closest driver? If so why wouldn't you accept a trip 2 mins away? Thanks
If is a low rating or a Pool/Line request I don t accept even if it right in front of me. Why you need to have your acceptance rate over 90%. Mine is way way lower on both platforms and I do just fine. The reason of my very low acceptance rate is the introduction of pool/line which I DO NOT ACCEPT. I did two pool rides and I don t like it.

Mavrik

Please know the subject matter before posting. Read the uber class action court settlement in California. Uber agreed that no driver can be deactivated due to acceptance rate. This decision is a precedence that covers drivers nationwide.

Alex12

Please know the subject matter before posting. Read the uber class action court settlement in California. Uber agreed that no driver can be deactivated due to acceptance rate. This decision is a precedence that covers drivers nationwide.
You are extremely right!!! Some drivers don t remember the email that we receive a few months ago where was stated very clear that partners CAN T be deactivated due to low acceptance rate.

newell138

I was coming home from work yesterday, sitting in god awful traffic on the Schuylkill in Philly and decided to turn the app on just to see what would happen. I kept getting different requests from 20-25 minutes away.