Acceptance rating can no longer get u deactivated....

Inshur

Papa Sarducci

Yep, been that way for a while now, Uber lost a suit in Cali and can't deactivate you for not taking rides. Has to do with employee vs contractor, if they can force you to take rides and 'fire' you if you don't then they are in control of how/when you do your job and become your employer.

I suspect they may have found a way to get us though, if they tie the acceptance rate to your driver rating and it drops enough, they can deactivate you for low ratings, not low acceptance.

I never understood the time out thing, that actually helps Uber by driving up rider demand and raising the surge by reducing the number of drivers on the road. Sure, it penalizes the one driver, but everyone else benefits, except the pax, they get to wait longer and pay more.

Last edited:

Verge Vergis

Worst I've had is 30. It magically reset to 2 mins a week ago. Strange. I also don't accept pool, even when surging 3x... I've done it before, and no, sorry can't do it.

STIDRIVER

Woo if just everyone stop accept g pool ride, Uber will listen. No more pool.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lenny_yellow_cab

Worst I've had is 30. It magically reset to 2 mins a week ago. Strange. I also don't accept pool, even when surging 3x... I've done it before, and no, sorry can't do it.
I've pick up a pool at 2.9x .... Second rider was 2.6x and third was 1.6x. It was 45 min total rode and they only paid me less than $30. The under paid me on each rider. According to my calculations the ride shud have came up to over $50. Smh. Never again.... I don't care how high the surge is.

marcusguber

And they're ill informed... If they'd just read the contract, they'd see that they can't deactivate based on acceptance rate, only cancellations. And if they were smart, they'd opt out of arbitration too..
Where do you opt out of arbitration? Ive looked all over on the site, or does it have to be by mail?

marcusguber

Yep, been that way for a while now, Uber lost a suit in Cali and can't deactivate you for not taking rides. Has to do with employee vs contractor, if they can force you to take rides and 'fire' you if you don't then they are in control of how/when you do your job and become your employer.

I suspect they may have found a way to get us though, if they tie the acceptance rate to your driver rating and it drops enough, they can deactivate you for low ratings, not low acceptance.

I never understood the time out thing, that actually helps Uber by driving up rider demand and raising the surge by reducing the number of drivers on the road. Sure, it penalizes the one driver, but everyone else benefits, except the pax, they get to wait longer and pay more.
Well I had no idea and now I think Im going to pass on all pool jobs too. How would they tie it to ratings though? Instant 1 star for not accepting maybe?

Chief J Strongbow

I used to do one pool ride per day as my good deed for the day. But ever since they took away our ability to decline additional rides I stopped doing it completely. I don't want to get stuck for an hour on a pool ride when there are X rides out there.

JoeJoseph

What a rip off, Uber Pool is a scam money wise. It looks like I am getting less money dropping off multiple people and it probably is. How can you tell its an Uber Pool request?

marcusguber

What a rip off, Uber Pool is a scam money wise. It looks like I am getting less money dropping off multiple people and it probably is. How can you tell its an Uber Pool request?
Just look at the request and read it willl say Uberpool, its kind of small but you have plenty of time.

Inshur New York