Acceptance rate

shadow4478

my acceptance rate goes up and down
Sometimes I get ping after ping with pickups of 25min away and I just ignore them Unfortunately sometimes I get 2-3 that far and my acceptance just falling :smiles:

Also when driving I had one the other day pop up I accepted when using waze you just get a banner on the top without knowing the distance.
When I compleated the ride I see the next call is 30min away :/ well I canceled.
So Uber seems to send me these polite emails with a Subtle hint “this is how you go offline when you can’t accept” do most people pick up rides 20-30 min away ? (I will sometimes but when I know it’s busy I stay away )

Kobe_bean

Sometimes I get ping after ping with pickups of 25min away and I just ignore them Unfortunately sometimes I get 2-3 that far and my acceptance just falling :smiles:

Also when driving I had one the other day pop up I accepted when using waze you just get a banner on the top without knowing the distance.
When I compleated the ride I see the next call is 30min away :/ well I canceled.
So Uber seems to send me these polite emails with a Subtle hint “this is how you go offline when you can’t accept” do most people pick up rides 20-30 min away ? (I will sometimes but when I know it’s busy I stay away )
WTF. I only accept rides that are 5 mins away. 10 max if it's super slow. 25 min? LMAO and GTFO

That’s what you get north of GTA
Alliston?

AJsh

The normal idea is longer the pick up run,longer the ride. I once did a 11 km and 23 min run to pick up the pax but beforehand gave him a call to ask where he was going. Nothing fancy just 25 odd km but when I explained it was a long run for me, he gave me a 20$ tip. The guy was going to pick his Acura after service......assuming he is rich.

dmoney155

if pax pays for the distance to get to pax, that will be perfect

drivers will all unite and drive in circles
I'm sure it wont be like lol, more like distance from where you are at to the pax, now how many circles you did before you decided to pick em up lol

mystic love

I guess you're in Barrie and that could be the reason. Not many riders using Uber in your area? Could be the hour you work. Never been to Barrie with Uber.

JohnSavage

You are doing the right thing to call. Just explain you are 20 minutes away and can't drive all that for a $6 fare.

Otherwise don't accept rides that are 10+ minutes away. Only exception is if you are using destination filter. I have found that if I get a request 10+ minutes away it's often a rider headed very close to my ultimate destination.

49er

Recently, I was not accepting pool rides, and that brought down my acceptance rate, as the result of which I got lesser pings, and one pool ride who was 13 mnts away, was going to ride for only 6 mnts.

shadow4478

Recently, I was not accepting pool rides, and that brought down my acceptance rate, as the result of which I got lesser pings, and one pool ride who was 13 mnts away, was going to ride for only 6 mnts.

So acceptance rate dictates how many pings you get?

BS. TRAN

You are very right on this. Uber punished drivers in a silent way if not accepted poo.

dmoney155

You are very right on this. Uber punished drivers in a silent way if not accepted poo.
This of it from customer perspective... you having low chance of accepting means it will take longer to get a car, I rather get a car a little bit further that has history of always accepting. Remember, you don't mater, customer matters. Now Uber on.