Accept 5 star trip requests???

financeguy13

This may seem silly but I've been wanting to know everyone's opinion on accepting 5 star trip requests. Yes they may be model riders who tip well but they may also be newbies who don't know what the heck their doing. Like a drunk idiot newbie ranting and cursing the entire ride.

Depending on the time, location and ride demand volume, I may or may not accept them. I would rather have a 4.90 - 4.99 rider who is experienced and a model rider. It seems very few 5 star riders are long time customers.

GrinsNgiggles

This may seem silly but I've been wanting to know everyone's opinion on accepting 5 star trip requests. Yes they may be model riders who tip well but they may also be newbies who don't know what the heck their doing. Like a drunk idiot newbie ranting and cursing the entire ride.

Depending on the time, location and ride demand volume, I may or may not accept them. I would rather have a 4.90 - 4.99 rider who is experienced and a model rider. It seems very few 5 star riders are long time customers.

I take them all the time. A mixture of what you said but always pleasant rides regardless. I'm seeing less low rated pax these days. I'm guessing because the whole in app tipping thing doesn't allow people to down rate if no cash is handed to them. I'm not taking the time to go back and down rate if they don't tip.

IMG_3338.JPG

Cary Grant

I've accepted 1-star requests. Because I was curious.

Lately, I've been ignoring the low 4s and 3s. Haven't seen a 2 in a while, but I know they are out there. Seen them before.

How low? Depends on my day. If I'm ahead of schedule, earning more than I plan, then I ignore anything below 4.6. If my day sux, and I need the money, I might take a turd now and then.

In my experience, low rated pax give low ratings, so my current rating is factored in, as well. I'm on a damn ratings roller coaster, by the way. 20 basis point swings every other damn day. Up, down, up, down, up, down...I feel like I'm at Mass with a stuttering Priest.