About time

Birchum

Not really:

Minneapolis police declined to comment, but a spokesperson said the extra deputy patrols would end this coming Sunday.

Tdizzle22

ahh i was wondering why i saw sheriffs on every block last night..makes sense..glad they are stepping it up!

GMCboy

It's really hard to believe that they have let these scumbag thugs run the show down there for this long. 1st Ave between 3rd and 4th, Hennepin between 4th and 7th streets. It's been run by the animals for years. Drugs, muggings, shootings, murders - and this past summer has been one of the worst. Enough.

Diamond_Vision

I have seen more sh!t go down in that area. It shocked me at first but now it's just oh another deal going down.

Birchum

It's really hard to believe that they have let these scumbag thugs run the show down there for this long. 1st Ave between 3rd and 4th, Hennepin between 4th and 7th streets. It's been run by the animals for years. Drugs, muggings, shootings, murders - and this past summer has been one of the worst. Enough.

I guess you don't remember the 90's. We even got the New York Times attention and the monicker "Murderapolis" in 1995.

And in the 80's Block-E (now "Mayo Clinic Sports Medicine") was the unofficial red light district. 75% of all downtown crime happened there which is why they tore the whole block in 88' and it sat as a parking lot for a decade.

https://www.facebook.com/tcmedianow/videos/vb.119852368044181/1654398777922858/?type=2&theater

^^Check this out

BillC

The police officers in the "Yo Mammy" KQ audio clip did show remarkable restraint. And you could hear the one almost lose it laughing, but he held himself together.

Birchum

LOL...Love it!!! I like the police officer that said get in that van or I will throw you in head first. Can you image if they said that today?

The rules the homeless/hobos/transients have to abide by have clearly changed in our newfangled politically correct environment. Now you have beggars at every freeway ramp, loitering sign holders uptown and downtown, and homeless camping out under bridges. Of course we've always had this sort of activities, but now it's protected "freedom of speech".

Cops talking like that today would be like a winning lottery ticket for the receiver and there would be half a dozen eyewitness with their phones out taking videos.