About last night....

Uberchampion

Stayed home until the end of the very disappointing Raps game....

Went out and did the rush hours but it was very slow in the burbs.

Last 3 am run was a bunch of drunk punks that put me in a bad mood.

Took at break in Tims parking lot and tried to have a power nap.

Woke up at 4 AM and tuned on the app hoping to get some airport runs (tip - lots of people go to the airport between 4 am and 6 am). Immediately got a ping.

Went to start the car and guess what...battery was dead. I had the radio on and my phone/dashcam plugged in while on accessory mode.

Roadside assistance for a boost was a 2 hour wait...

7 hours, $64 dollars -gas and 2 Tims coffees and a cancellation, feeling like a dumbass...priceless

Moral of the story. The Raptors ruined my night. Screw you Raptors☺

Edit - I did get a tip from one of the drunk punks last night. .on his way out of the car he told me to get a real f'in job....I pray I get to interview him in my day gig one day....

Last edited:

UberZF

Edit - I did get a tip from one of the drunk punks last night. .on his way out of the car he told me to get a real f'in job....I pray I get to interview him in my day gig one day....
I had something like that happen years ago.
Kid was a total a**H*** to me at a club and made a comment I was a Homeless, jobless street sleeper. Few days later, shows up for an interview, and I'm there assisting... -- didn't recognize me.
Made him think he had the job, and dragged him in for 3 interviews after that.. (he thought he was a Shoe in)., and then we brought up ethics outside the workplace... . I added an extra case to the "what would you do" questions... "If you thought you met a Homeless bum in a club, how would you address him?"

He looked at me... said thanks, and left.
the Other interviewer didn't realize the question was included.

OH.. each trip cost the guy about $15 parking, and we would make him wait at least an hour each time. -- Seems he lost his existing job too, for being absent so much!

Uberchampion

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I had something like that happen years ago.
Kid was a total a**H*** to me at a club and made a comment I was a Homeless, jobless street sleeper. Few days later, shows up for an interview, and I'm there assisting... -- didn't recognize me.
Made him think he had the job, and dragged him in for 3 interviews after that.. (he thought he was a Shoe in)., and then we brought up ethics outside the workplace... . I added an extra case to the "what would you do" questions... "If you thought you met a Homeless bum in a club, how would you address him?"

He looked at me... said thanks, and left.
the Other interviewer didn't realize the question was included.

OH.. each trip cost the guy about $15 parking, and we would make him wait at least an hour each time. -- Seems he lost his existing job too, for being absent so much!
Karma is a @@@@@..

Santa

That sucks man. You should've called and Uber for a boost for a fee.

One day I got a ping from a guy a km away who had a dead battery. I went there and he told me if i could give his car a boost for a fee. $20 for a few mins of work.

Uberchampion

That sucks man. You should've called and Uber for a boost for a fee.

One day I got a ping from a guy a km away who had a dead battery. I went there and he told me if i could give his car a boost for a fee. $20 for a few mins of work.
Part of the reason I do so well between 4 and 6 am is because there are absolutely no Uber's in my area at that time. Any car that I could find would probably have to book 10-15 min to me.

Uberchampion

So....this has been my worst uber weekend since I started this gig.....first ride yesterday was this stinky guy who was off his shift at a restaurant. Super nice but he smelled like shit. ...

Seems like the smell lingered all night....

Was tired because of my battery debacle the previous night so started home early...

Got a ping on the 401 on my way back to Durham..figured it would be a shorty.
It was to South mississauga....had to deadhead back.

I need a vacation from making money for my vacation. ☺