Ability to get rides towards your destination

Talcire

I was on my way home today, when the app (Uber) asked "Are you heading home?"
It offered to allow me to set a destination, but when the clipboard screen came up, I could not enter any information.

I see that on June 14, Uber announced:

"...we will be expanding the ability to get rides towards your destination.
To set your destination, tap the clipboard icon at the top of your screen, and select “Set a destination.” You’ll be prompted to select a saved location or type a new address. Look out for an email to see when it’s in your city.
We've also gathered answers to the top questions we've gotten about destinations so you can make your time even more valuable.
How do I set a destination?
To set your destination, wait until you're not on a trip. Then, tap the clipboard icon at the top of your screen, and select "Set a destination." You'll be prompted to select a saved location or type a new address — the more specific, the better.
Once you've entered a location, start driving toward your destination. Uber will automatically start looking only for trips that are along a similar route."

Didn't seem to be functioning.

DriverX

I started getting those a week ago. On a few occasions, instead of the usual pop-up that tries to trick you into staying online that screen would appear. I think its a glitch and probably prepping to release the feature or it has been released to some drivers just not you or me yet. Until you get the clipboard your not going to be able to set a destination. DOn't get your hopes up though, it didn't work very well in SF and Lyfts isn;t any better.

Maybe theres a new update out that adds it? I don't update unless theres a good reason to. That might be a reason.

Uberloco

The app prompted me to update yesterday and the feature was there but I selected to log out rather than set a destination.