ABC report Monday 4th July

Humbersnipe

Was watching 7pm news on the abc when a report came on regarding ride share.
They said that from this time next year that all gps data will go to relevant authorities.
Meaning you will pay more for ctp green slips the more you drive. So in essence thousands
if you're doing full time. It's to even the playing field with taxis. Any thoughts or did
anyone else see It? Also they where not sure who is going to foot the bill. Drivers,
riders, or Uber ....

ricdam

That's weird. Almost at the same time uber start tracking us with the goal of "giving the pax a better ride" through the Smooth Driving Report, reports are saying data will be given to authorities for CTP and etc.

Is that just a big coincidence, or Smooth Driving Report is just a excuse for getting our data?

Icecool

Even the level playing field so are when are they going to set up ride sharing zone or do we share it with the taxi zone . So we can use the bus lanes and the uberx hailing . Uber fare already 40% cheaper than a taxi even if it increase to 30 % cheaper it should be even To cover the increase of the CTP . It will still being cheaper than the taxi and better customers services

WollyDriver

Why does everyone want Uber to be the same as a Taxi? Why can't we be different? Uber isn't the same, and should not be the same, it is re-designed from the ground up. Sure, it still transports passengers from point to point, but everything else is different. It needs to be regulated, sure, we have the DAC, but why force more? Passengers can choose to use uber or not....
If they want an uber to pay more CTP for using their car more, they should charge ALL CTP based on km driven per year. Then the person who leaves their car at home 5 days a week will pay less than the person who commutes by car from the central coast to sydney 5 days a week. We know that more km increases the risk of an accident, so why shouldn't the CTP be proportional to the km driven (for ALL drivers not just a small percentage)?

Icecool

No I disagree more km cause more accident . You can have someone Hardly drive but is a bad driver and has too many accident . I think it should be base on your driving record . Like the taxis driver could careless how they drive it is not their cars .

WollyDriver

No I disagree more km cause more accident . You can have someone Hardly drive but is a bad driver and has too many accident . I think it should be base on your driving record . Like the taxis driver could careless how they drive it is not their cars .
OK, so then we should make green slip insurance match comprehensive, and it is based on your no claim discount?
PS, I do agree with you, some drivers are bad and should be penalised, but no matter how good a driver you are, if you drive enough, sooner or later you will be involved in an accident. Sooner or later, one of those will be your fault. So there is going to be some correlation with distance driven, but the quality of driver is in fact probably a bigger factor in calculating risks.

I wonder if any insurance provider will require a driving test before calculating your premiums :smiles: or better, that you use the insurance app on your phone every time you drive to "test" your smoothness, and adjust your premiums. No app while driving and in an accident... oops. no payout... It's possible, with the technology we have today, but will it make money?

Icecool

If a good driver has too many accident from driving too much and if it his fault then his insurance claim should increase that how it is work in a normal private insurance .