AB5 gives Cali drivers opportunity

NicFit

King flu, oh shit, we got a racist here, I should have known this. You’re not that smart if your calling yourself an Ic at $5.64 under prop 22, you’ll be working more for less over time if it passes.
It’s not racism, it’s nationalism, get it right, and I’m pissed because I haven’t been to a bar since March, so 🖕China, they hate the Chinese flu association and I won’t stop insulting them for it. I’m not a subtle kinda of guy. As for $5.64 an hour I’d have to reject $25 in fares to make that, under prop 22 they will continue the 75/25% fare split, without Prop 22 after taxes and your union cuts on minimum wage I might make $5.64
I would have to agree that "kung flu" is a disqualifier.
Post automatically merged:

Probably believes Hunter Biden left his laptop with a blind repair man.
Something isn’t right about that laptop, I don’t believe the whole story, someone of Hunter Biden stature just don’t abandon laptops at repair shops like that, I feel like something is just off about that whole thing and there’s something else on how that laptop ended up there and until the truth about it comes out then I feel like it was there for someone to find

Fusion_LUser

Prop 22 was written by Uber and the other ride share lobbyists. They have always looked out for the best interests of their drivers, Every Single Time. You know you can believe everything they say about this. You have no reason not to blindly follow Uber. When have they ever done something not in your economic interest before?

Trust me, I'm a cab driver.

Oh so the people who have brought you some of the highest taxes in the nation and become filthy rich from being nothing more than a California politician is enough reason for you to believe them that being an employee is a good thing, huh? There is no way Sacramento would benefit from you becoming an employee, right?

It’s not racism, it’s nationalism, get it right, and I’m pissed because I haven’t been to a bar since March, so 🖕China, they hate the Chinese flu association and I won’t stop insulting them for it. I’m not a subtle kinda of guy. As for $5.64 an hour I’d have to reject $25 in fares to make that, under prop 22 they will continue the 75/25% fare split, without Prop 22 after taxes and your union cuts on minimum wage I might make $5.64

Something isn’t right about that laptop, I don’t believe the whole story, someone of Hunter Biden stature just don’t abandon laptops at repair shops like that, I feel like something is just off about that whole thing and there’s something else on how that laptop ended up there and until the truth about it comes out then I feel like it was there for someone to find
Nationalism is toxic, that makes you nothing less than a KKK Aryan Nation member/ally.

Fusion_LUser

IMG_8495.JPG

sasu66

Prop 22 was written by Uber and the other ride share lobbyists. They have always looked out for the best interests of their drivers, Every Single Time. You know you can believe everything they say about this. You have no reason not to blindly follow Uber. When have they ever done something not in your economic interest before?

Trust me, I'm a cab driver.
Let's remember what Travis Kalanick said in 2014: "We're in a political campaign, and the candidate is Uber and the opponent is an xxxxxxx named Taxi."

I will crack Lyft hacks

Even if AB5 would end my ride-share 'career' as a part time driver, I'd never put PROP-22 or anything that any of these gig companies advocate through as an option.
[/QUOTE]
I fully back your view!
I would rather loose my gig with U/L, than to voluntarily choose exploitation of vulnerable workers in my beloved 🇺🇸!

Let’s say everyone says 30 cents for mileage reimbursement is too low, and there is no guarantee the rates will not go down or over saturation will not happen.

My understanding is if the Uber first initiative offer seems too low, we can unilaterally reject.

They are not banned from making a better proposition.

They can try again next year with proposition 22 B:

- 40-50 cent a mile reimbursement, not 30 cents
- lifetime workers comp for permanent workplace disability with no fault. Not this blurry limited crap.
- Better offer than 1,000$ a year benefit fund.
- driver cap so existing drivers can be utilized more efficiently.
- guarantee that rates will not be set lower.

Why would there be any resistance if they give a decent offer, we get to keep flexibility and decent pay and protections. They get to not deal will labor laws.

Can a prop 22 supporter explain to me why I should accept the first low ball proposition from Uber/Lyft?

Is there anything stopping them from giving a better proposition for 2021 ballet if voters feel this one is too much of a low ball offer?

If drivers in California reject the first offer, does that mean Uber can not give a more acceptable offer to its drivers in California?

Last edited:

I will crack Lyft hacks

It’s not racism, it’s nationalism, get it right!
May I offer you the option to be a PATRIOT 🇺🇸

We have African American, Asian American, Muslim American, Latin American, Indian American, and White Americans who love their country 🇺🇸 and fight for it in real wars.

Patriots look different and have different religions even. It is their love for the land they call home that bonded them.

Patriots even respect other nations patriots who fight invaders!

Nationalism is a excuse to hate or invade another people based on “ I am superior than you” mentality.

May I offer you the option to be a PATRIOT 🇺🇸

We have African American, Asian American, Muslim American, Latin American, Indian American, and White Americans who love their country 🇺🇸 and fight for it in real wars.

Patriots look different and have different religions even. It is their love for the land they call home that bonded them.

Patriots even respect other nations patriots who fight invaders!

Nationalism is a excuse to hate or invade another people based on “ I am superior than you” mentality.

I couldn't have said it better myself, people like NicFit are cowards, they go behind forums and spew racist rhetoric, remember, anyone can be anything they want on the internet.

Nats121

Let's remember what Travis Kalanick said in 2014: "We're in a political campaign, and the candidate is Uber and the opponent is an xxxxxxx named Taxi."
Travis calling the taxi industry "dark and dangerous and evil" is hypocrisy on mega-steroids.

He called the taxi industry an a-hole but he's the used toilet paper that wiped the a-hole.

NicFit

I couldn't have said it better myself, people like NicFit are cowards, they go behind forums and spew racist rhetoric, remember, anyone can be anything they want on the internet.
No I don’t hide, you would never talk to me like this in person. I think I may have misspoken and it should have been patriotism, was out doing stuff and don’t like being called racist and had only about a couple of minutes to reply to you

arcterus

Oh so the people who have brought you some of the highest taxes in the nation and become filthy rich from being nothing more than a California politician is enough reason for you to believe them that being an employee is a good thing, huh? There is no way Sacramento would benefit from you becoming an employee, right?
Nice job of changing the subject, Uber Shill.

Yes, and as we know now, Travis Kalanick created one of the most honest, law abiding companies on the planet that has done nothing but blessed its' drivers with freedom, truth, and wealth. Especially wealth.

Gby

Go do yourself a favor and look at your local ads for drivers, you won’t be affording houses and AB5 doesn’t give you retirement. What the point of a union? You really think a union will magically make you rich or something? Most unions do nothing but take money so they can push their agendas on a company so they can seem like they are doing something. Do your research on what an employee driver makes and then compare it to what a rideshare driver makes now, your naive to think rideshare is a middle class job after they make you an employee
All union workers have retirement plan and health insurance and the earning according to the market .. Union workers are the highest pay workers in the nation . It is true they take big cut but you do not need to worry about how much they take because they fight for your benefits and you will get them at the highest level .. you will be proud to be union worker ..

AB5 might give Cali drivers opportunity, but, it will be to only 20-30% of the drivers.
The remaining 70-80% will have no jobs/gigs, as Uber will cut them out.
If Uber cut 70-80% Uber will bankuptcy and those jobs it will pop up to small individual car service base .. keep in mind this jobs always existed and people will move with those base because now it is easy to navigate ..

You mentioned taxi drivers, they aren’t employees, they are owners, your already contradicting your own statements trying to compare taxi drivers with rideshare. AB5 will make rideshare a crappy low paying job that people do instead of flipping burgers. Unions are a joke, I don’t want my money going to them, all unions do is make sure everyone gets treated like crap equally
You not going to feel the effect on your earnings because they will setup to take about $0.15 every ride like black car found take in NYC . Then if they create union should give right to drivers to vote for their representative if they are not fight for your right should be replaced .. Unions are the best workers protection

Last edited:

Fusion_LUser

Oh no. Non-Player Character 27 calls me a shill. How will I ever get over this???

Maybe I'll stop taking a shower for 2 weeks, smoke 6 packs of cigarettes and then park my 17 year old shitmobile next to a sewer plant for a couple of hours so I can become a Taxi driver like you. Would that make you happy, Travis Bickle?

Gby

Yes, and as we know now, Travis Kalanick created one of the most honest, law abiding companies on the planet that has done nothing but blessed its' drivers with freedom, truth, and wealth. Especially wealth.
Wealth for his self not for the drivers .I hope he will see the hell soon for how much distruction he brought to transportation industry workers

TomTheAnt

It is true they take big cut but you do not need to worry about how much they take because they fight for your benefits and you will get them at the highest level .. you will be proud to be union worker ..

WTFLOL!!! :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: You must be a union executive, or something. :biggrin:

As I already posted in this thread, I’ve followed 20+ years of this union stuff very closely and that’s the stuff that only comes from the union executives’ mouth. NOT the rank and file. LOL!

Last edited:

NicFit

All union workers have retirement plan and health insurance and the earning according to the market .. Union workers are the highest pay workers in the nation . It is true they take big cut but you do not need to worry about how much they take because they fight for your benefits and you will get them at the highest level .. you will be proud to be union worker ..

If Uber cut 70-80% Uber will bankuptcy and those jobs it will pop up to small individual car service base .. keep in mind this jobs always existed and people will move with those base because now it is easy to navigate ..

You not going to feel the effect on your earnings because they will setup to take about $0.15 every ride like black car found take in NYC . Then if they create union should give right to drivers to vote for their representative if they are not fight for your right should be replaced .. Unions are the best workers protection
I don’t want my earning to go down, it’s not going to be per ride anymore, it’ll be per hour on minimum wage these unions take, and there no union that even exists right now. Even with unions how much of a retirement will they offer for a minimum wage job? It’s not going to be very good and my retirement plan requires cash right now for a couple of purchases and then saving until I retire. If they change Uber to an hourly wage then I’ll have to do something else as I won’t be able to retire ever as the pay is too low

No I don’t hide, you would never talk to me like this in person. I think I may have misspoken and it should have been patriotism, was out doing stuff and don’t like being called racist and had only about a couple of minutes to reply to you
You say racist shit, you get called a racist, period. Bruh, if I ever heard you say that you’d get confronted in a heart beat. Patriotism, please, you getting drunk at bars and getting mad at China because you can’t indulge in your vice is really a privilege problem at the end of the day. Blame the president for knowing about the severity of the situation and not doing a goddamn thing about it, he lied and was caught in a lie, and he was recorded lying so defending him just makes you look like one of his brain dead followers.

I don’t want my earning to go down, it’s not going to be per ride anymore, it’ll be per hour on minimum wage these unions take, and there no union that even exists right now. Even with unions how much of a retirement will they offer for a minimum wage job? It’s not going to be very good and my retirement plan requires cash right now for a couple of purchases and then saving until I retire. If they change Uber to an hourly wage then I’ll have to do something else as I won’t be able to retire ever as the pay is too low
It’s gonna go down regardless, the CEO and remaining executives that are there already cut a number of engineering jobs and are outsourcing them to India. What the hell makes you think that they’ll pay you more under Prop 22? There cutting cost on engineering and prepping for “automated cars”, you think they’re really gonna offer you real competitive pay under Prop 22?

NicFit

You say racist shit, you get called a racist, period. Bruh, if I ever heard you say that you’d get confronted in a heart beat. Patriotism, please, you getting drunk at bars and getting mad at China because you can’t indulge in your vice is really a privilege problem at the end of the day. Blame the president for knowing about the severity of the situation and not doing a goddamn thing about it, he lied and was caught in a lie, and he was recorded lying so defending him just makes you look like one of his brain dead followers.

It’s gonna go down regardless, the CEO and remaining executives that are there already cut a number of engineering jobs and are outsourcing them to India. What the hell makes you think that they’ll pay you more under Prop 22? There cutting cost on engineering and prepping for “automated cars”, you think they’re really gonna offer you real competitive pay under Prop 22?
Saying 🖕to China isn’t racist, there’s something else for that, don’t really care but it’s isn’t racism, you can figure that out, I’m hating on them that’s for sure though. It’s not just the bars, there’s plenty of other things the fun killer virus has ruined and that was just one example. I can’t make good money off of events because there are none and won’t be any until next summer the earliest. Everyones life has been affected by this Kung-flu in one way or another. China had a hand in this Covid crap and that dirty communist country was responsible for the plague. They constantly lie and are deceptive and need to be held responsible.

Prop 22 shouldn’t affect pay much, if anything it’ll raise pay because they have to pay the 75/25% split. This could cause rider demand to go down which could result in lower pay as cause and effect. I don’t know how every little detail will work but if riders still have the same demand they’ll end up paying a little more and that will cover the costs of prop 22. Your are right, Prop 22 will have to be paid for some how and where it’s comes out of I don’t know. Though if they reduce driver pay it will look bad, it’s what this Prop is about trying to protect driver pay while adding in a few benefits. With AB5 there’s nothing that will get us more then minimum wage, unions can try to fight to raise pay but that’s always a huge fight, even if my pay was reduced a little right now because of Prop 22 it will be more pay then AB5 and unions for years if it’ll ever be what Prop 22 will offer