AB402 aka the TWC bill (Freedom Transportation)

Dan K

A driver meeting tool place on 3/27 in which 500 drivers attended

It discussed AB402. A bill with some pretty strong backers.

(Some info I will share......)

There are 2 main types of "for -hire"permits as we now have it in Las Vegas. Taxi medallions and TNC permits. (I'm not counting limos etc)

This bill seeks to create a new hybrid type permit for workers who join a T.W.C. aka a Transportation Workers Cooperative.

There is a $300 fee to join. With bill passage, Drivers will then pay monthly fees of $250 which goes to the state plus a fee for whatever it takes to run the non profit T.W.C. The TWC's name is freedom transportation

In exchange for this drivers get the right to use there own cares to do "for-hire" transportation and get to keep all the fares. 100% or them! Very interesting

I signed up

There was a website but for it.
I'll post it if I'm allowed to but I don't think I am

And I'm now currently doing lyft and Uber btw....lol

Farman vegas

A driver meeting tool place on 3/27 in which 500 drivers attended

It discussed AB402. A bill with some pretty strong backers.

(Some info I will share......)

There are 2 main types of "for -hire"permits as we now have it in Las Vegas. Taxi medallions and TNC permits. (I'm not counting limos etc)

This bill seeks to create a new hybrid type permit for workers who join a T.W.C. aka a Transportation Workers Cooperative.

There is a $300 fee to join. With bill passage, Drivers will then pay monthly fees of $250 which goes to the state plus a fee for whatever it takes to run the non profit T.W.C. The TWC's name is freedom transportation

In exchange for this drivers get the right to use there own cares to do "for-hire" transportation and get to keep all the fares. 100% or them! Very interesting

I signed up

There was a website but for it.
I'll post it if I'm allowed to but I don't think I am

And I'm now currently doing lyft and Uber btw....lol
So did the requirement of having 300 members in the new workers cooperative happen in the first meeting that the bill requires ?

Did you read Professor Gary Blasi & Professor Jacqueline Leavitt work prior to your investment ?
Driving Poor
Taxicab Drivers and the Regulation of the Taxicab Industry in Los Angeles

Last edited:

Dan K

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So with $250/ month.. we can hustle for cash rides?
You would be able to stage. Cash and a credit card machine. etc
Post automatically merged:

So did the requirement of having 300 members in the new workers cooperative happen in the first meeting that the bill requires ?

Did you read Professor Gary Blasi & Professor Jacqueline Leavitt work prior to your investment ?
Driving Poor
450 actually. Maybe 5-600 possibly. Impressive turnout. It was a while back actually

Its actually a hybrid style permit. But you get to keep 100% of the fare. No cab company. Compliance is done by the non profit and a "state-entity" Most likely the TA but could be NTA too.

Last edited:

gerg

This won't happen. The playing field is already uneven between cabs, limo's, and rudeshare. Unless all are subject to same regulations this won't happen.

Farman vegas

This won't happen. The playing field is already uneven between cabs, limo's, and rudeshare. Unless all are subject to same regulations this won't happen.
A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step !

Five years ago individuals on this forum told me Uber would not operate in Nevada ever. Uber would not become a publicity trade company and being a “single homer” for Uber was a mistake and no stock options would be given to long term Uber drivers.

The Nevada Legislature purpose is not to protect the Las Vegas taxicab cartel forever without competition and not allow taxicab drivers to own their own cabs. Is that not correct ?

Perhaps you can speak with Kirkpatrick and get her to personal speak at the Nevada Legislature and show photographs of my piece of crap, dirty Uber vehicle with holes in the floor boards as an insider in the taxicab industry for decades.

What is taking so long for the Kirkpatrick plan to crush the part time Uber drivers in Las Vegas anyway ?

Dan K

It's a brave new world!

Dan K

Not a good term. A book. Globalist. 1984.
LOL...Probably not then. Either way, should this pass it's worth a lot of money. Advertising will be allowed on car! Anyone know how much the cabs get for those ads on their cars? They TWC puts em on for compliance reasons but its "opt in," not mandatory. Hell yeah I'd opt in!

Taxi2Uber

So with $250/ month.. we can hustle for cash rides?
Can you imagine the cut-throat frenzy between drivers?
Drivers out of their cars "Need a ride? How about you, need a ride?"
Drivers at staging/pickup areas, undercutting each other.
Driver 1: "Where are you guys going, Luxor? I'll take you for $10"
Driver 2: "No, no. I'll take you for $5 and tip is included"
Desperate drivers holding up signs: "Any ride to any strip location $3"
Not to mention "Free ride to strip clubs, dispensaries, massage!!"

"Sofia's! Who wants to take us?"
trading places.gif

Ellemay

Driving Poor
I wonder how many drivers will get robbed if this were to happen. Smh

Dan K

Can you imagine the cut-throat frenzy between drivers?
Drivers out of their cars "Need a ride? How about you, need a ride?"
Drivers at staging/pickup areas, undercutting each other.
Driver 1: "Where are you guys going, Luxor? I'll take you for $10"
Driver 2: "No, no. I'll take you for $5 and tip is included"
Desperate drivers holding up signs: "Any ride to any strip location $3"
Not to mention "Free ride to strip clubs, dispensaries, massage!!"

"Sofia's! Who wants to take us?"
View attachment 308501
Flat rates are set. Cant be negotiated.

As for robberies...Silly argument. Cabs get robbed, uber's get robbed...there is no point. If it happens it happens

Farman vegas

I wonder how many drivers will get robbed if this were to happen. Smh
Have you read the bill ?

According to Dan K the meeting is coming up in the Nevada Legislature soon for AB 402.

Hopefully, numerous individuals here will watch and attend the meeting in due course as it is an interesting subject matter if you are in the transportation industry in Vegas.

My hope is the Nevada Legislature follows the example of the Austin city council that helped taxicab drivers there form their own taxicab cooperative. The individuals I spoke with in the Austin city council chambers during the process wanted this opportunity to work with in their own cooperative. In Nevada this opportunity should be given you taxicab drivers also.

Of course, if I was in the cooperative here I would have contracted the CEO of Uber chief of staff and asked for a meeting to see if the Uber taxicab app could be used here to the benefit of both parties.

“the god”: that is not the one who had the idea for Facebook first. If your team of Ivy League educated staff is lost by this comment.

Last edited:
Even the Bill pass and we can drive. All drivers must have a Taxi Permit, Taxi Meter, expensive Car and Pax insurance etc.
TNC Regulation... Probably not worth to invest...

Daniel Harbin

Even the Bill pass and we can drive. All drivers must have a Taxi Permit, Taxi Meter, expensive Car and Pax insurance etc.
TNC Regulation... Probably not worth to invest...
For the full-time people and grinders, it will be worth it. For the part-time and occasional people like me, it would be a struggle. So yeah everyone has to weigh their options.