• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

AB 5 TO BE PASSED INTO LAW.- is corrupt lyft!!!! leaving CALIFORNIA???

Mole

Only in the movies. Poor policies are leading to record homeless and a decreasing GDP. CA used to be the 4th largest economy in the WORLD. Now it's people sleeping and shitting on the streets.
Post automatically merged:

How? Tell me how classifying drivers as an employee leads to more tax revenue for States and Fed?

Just asking...

LOL, unions. They had a purpose 70 years ago, now they just protect people who are shitty employees. They run up the cost of any contract. If you think Uber is responsible for a person being homeless, you really need some help.

FYI, I do think Uber is a shitty company, but I also know that there is a thing called personal responsibility, something that has gone by the wayside the last 30 years.
While the government here does suck the workforce and economics is a power house machine the gdp only falls in down turns but always goes back up.

The federal government collects more tax money from California then all the other states west of the Mississippi combined 2019 gdp projections are currently at 3.35 Trillion so I’m going to say your post is quite wrong about the economy but spot on in the government people.

Ssgcraig

While the government here does suck the workforce and economics is a power house machine the gdp only falls in down turns but always goes back up.

The federal government collects more tax money from California then all the other states west of the Mississippi combined 2019 gdp projections are currently at 3.35 Trillion so I’m going to say your post is quite wrong about the economy but spot on in the government people.
If CA was the 4th largest economy in the world in the 80's and they are not even close to that spot now, how is my post wrong?

My point is, I don't trust anything CA does as an initiative or policy anymore. 40 years of failed policies is now rearing it's ugly head. Like most things, if AB5 passes, I hope it works. I have doubts and I don't live in CA so can watch from far away.

Also, how does classifying Uber drivers as employees create more tax revenue as you stated before?

Matt Uterak

California also has debt that is rapidly becoming unserviceable. Top 5 in both income and wealth inequality.

Collapsing aquifers in the Central Valley.

Wasteful and corrupt water policy.

Etc.

It only took about 60 years to destroy the state.

iheartuber

If CA was the 4th largest economy in the world in the 80's and they are not even close to that spot now, how is my post wrong?

My point is, I don't trust anything CA does as an initiative or policy anymore. 40 years of failed policies is now rearing it's ugly head. Like most things, if AB5 passes, I hope it works. I have doubts and I don't live in CA so can watch from far away.

Also, how does classifying Uber drivers as employees create more tax revenue as you stated before?
Let’s say in the whole state there’s about 200k Uber and Lyft drivers

If the state collects about $1k ea in taxes that’s $200 mill

BeansnRice

The person is right. If there was no Lyft, Uber rates would have paid higher.

As soon as Lyft entered the market with a copied product, Uber had to exploit driver payout ratios/lower rate.

The pink dildo needs to die for anyone to make a decent living out of rideshare. Now.

As far as passengers are concerned, they can shove it if they don't like the higher rates. Or experience the luxury treatment of a cab.

I could have been a taxpayer if it was still a dollar a mile. 65 cents doesn't cut it. The state is noticing a drop in taxpayers, hence it wants to guarantee some payout to itself by making them pay employee taxes and stuff. I mean, taxes fix the roads that you drive on, taxes pay your teachers, etc. Taxes aren't bad, just that people want to avoid them as much as possible.

No action until it’s found out that money is missing....

Fuzzyelvis

this is true. And yet neither company is willing to abandon any market until they're entirely kicked out of said Market. Take Austin in London for example. Uber lost big-time in most of mainland Europe, and most of Asia.
Uber was never kicked out of Austin. They left when fingerprinting started. They stayed in Houston. Lyft left both.

SanFranant

It's true that California is their biggest market... but given both companies are losing money, that means California is where they are losing the most. They stand to lose less money while they leave California to fight back.

Clueless ants California is actually one of the few markets Lyft is making tons of money.

Kevin Kargel

Don't hold your breath for change.
"Drivers will not be automatically reclassified as employees, even after January of next year,” Tony West, Uber’s chief legal officer, told reporters after the vote. “We expect we will continue to respond to claims of misclassification in arbitration and in court as necessary, just as we do now.”

Polomarko

You are so funny! :laugh: You are the only one who caused so many problems in your life when you made poor decisions, not Lyft. Education is key to success. Lyft is just a company that helps people to make some cash on the side and does not expect being a main source of income for you. So there is no point to be so mad. Everything is in your hands. If you aren't happy, just move on...
Nobody has right to unlawfully exploit people. These two companies for 10 years manipulate public. It is time to pay the price.

Selector19

Nobody has right to unlawfully exploit people. These two companies for 10 years manipulate public. It is time to pay the price.
Exploit people? Give me a break! When the rates were higher and everyone was happy, the word "exploit" did not even come to anyone's mind. Now everyone blames Uber and Lyft like they do not have any other choice. You've voluntary agreed to drive for them and no one has forced you to do that. You have a choice to quit any minute and find a job that pays better. But instead you are blaming Uber and Lyft for all your problems. I think some people will never get mature and will keep thinking like children.... So sad!

Last edited:

everythingsuber

Exploit people? Give me a break! When the rates were higher and everyone was happy, the word "exploit" did not even come to anyone's mind. Now everyone blames Uber and Lyft like they do not have any other choice. You've voluntary agreed to drive for them and no one has forced you to do that. You have a choice to quit any minute and find a job that pays better. But instead you are blaming Uber and Lyft for all your problems. I think some people will never get mature and will keep thinking like children.... So sad!
Actually you made financial commitments based on Ubers promise of great pay and good working conditions. Then you found your self trapped having to work longer hours for less as Uber cut rates. You ruin your health and damage your job prospects though working too longer hours.

Facts. I love how people willfully subjected themselves to bs then wanna cry. Bunch of morons

Actually you made financial commitments based on Ubers promise of great pay and good working conditions. Then you found your self trapped having to work longer hours for less as Uber cut rates. You ruin your health and damage your job prospects though working too longer hours.
dude cmon. Grow a pair

Mole

California also has debt that is rapidly becoming unserviceable. Top 5 in both income and wealth inequality.

Collapsing aquifers in the Central Valley.

Wasteful and corrupt water policy.

Etc.

It only took about 60 years to destroy the state.
California’s debt is manageable and the state just paid a 5 billion advanced payment to creditors and California has $27 Billion in reserves and growing due to overtaxation of its people. As for the water the state has 40 million people to serve and a massive farming community so not everyone will be happy with how it operates.

Matt Uterak

California’s debt is manageable and the state just paid a 5 billion advanced payment to creditors and California has $27 Billion in reserves and growing due to overtaxation of its people. As for the water the state has 40 million people to serve and a massive farming community so not everyone will be happy with how it operates.
Visible debt to gdp is around 16%. Actual debt to GDP is more like 80%.

Decades of fiscal mismanagement of pensions systems like CALPERS and CALSTERs means that best case they will need $1.3-1.5 trillion additional funding to remain solvent.

CA, like most states, will have to deal with imminent collapse of most Infrastructure. You can search if you want to see individual items. But transportation needs $150-300 billion. The UC and CS campuses need billions in repairs.

The prop system obligates billions more each cycle.

There are more examples. California is in a late stage capitalism economy. Massive wealth inequality. Massive corruption. Massive civil disorder.

I standby my position. It is ruined.

PS those aquifers aren’t coming back. The capricious destruction of the environment is the worst part. No attempt to minimize the damage. No regulation of irrigation methods (Ag could cut water use by 1/2 with off the shelf solutions). They let the cartels farm canabis using illegal chemicals. Hundreds of streams have been poisoned. Sick