A (yellow cab) passenger told me something interesting.

Inshur

Hackenstein

We were discussing the 'congestion' surcharge.

They told me that some Uber drivers cancel the ride when you get in the car, and have you swipe your card in a card reader at the end of the trip. Off the books ride, surcharge-free. Not sure how they determine the fare.

What do you think about that.

Vivobot

Soon they will hunt down every TLC car and pat down you for those card reader like a criminals. Kudos lad kudos. Why u guys are so worried for surcharges which as well paid by the passengers? Why making it so big fuss and create more way to start more scrutiny towards already shattered TLC drivers.

Zubera

They told me that some Uber drivers cancel the ride when you get in the car, and have you swipe your card in a card reader at the end of the trip. Off the books ride, surcharge-free. Not sure how they determine the fare.

It's supposed to be that way. Drivers must keep all fares of what riders pay. Fuber and shlyft can get base fee only and not the part of the fare.

1974toyota

tells me thats a smart driver#$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, he's pulling a Uber in reverse, he keeps the $$$$$$ Cabbage$$$$$$ and Ube gets it in the %#%#%, ROFLMAO,,,JMO

Riaz_Rhn

Why not.. driver deserves that. I gotta say that, it's a precious skill. Ain't gonna easy to convince the rider. Probably those driver's wants to teach Uber "don't bite the hand that feeds you" LoL

VLK_

That's what I do at JFK to city the stimate sometimes pax paid at front for toll + surcharge toll sometimes we don't take it like to downtown but is already paid ,JFK to downtown $55 at night is easy Money there is another stimate on 50 St up West side app charge $80 or more I give them my price + cancel fee $60 sometimes pax don't agree with my price so when I don't take toll I told them u have to email them cuz we didn't take toll and they charge you for that

Attachments

Vishnu643

Sounds like risking deactivation over literally pocket change
Well enough pocket change adds up to big dollars. If I could get away with that for a year I would. You pay 3% to the card reader company and that's it. Question is, how do you get customers not to snitch?
Post automatically merged:

If it wasnt for the snitch type pax, almost all trips could have turned into cash trips. Pax woulda saved money too but the snitches killed it for everyone
Or get the square device. Lose like 2.75%+$0.10. But those snitches though

Last edited:

Sanya Pistoletov

Last year while watching US Open tennis tournament I saw lots of Uber SUV dudes with CC reader offering rides avoiding surge... idk if someone got caught, but I remember it would be surging around 2.0-2.3 after every game day

K.O.N.Y

Well enough pocket change adds up to big dollars. If I could get away with that for a year I would. You pay 3% to the card reader company and that's it. Question is, how do you get customers not to snitch?
Post automatically merged:

Or get the square device. Lose like 2.75%+$0.10. But those snitches though
With 10k + rides behind me I know how these pax think, I'd be deactivated b4 I hit any substantial numbers that would be worth me doing the square card hustle

Inshur New York